• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame challenge

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
Hello everyone. Here I'll give a list of ways to make the games more challenging, for those of us that have completed it too many times to count anymore...

Scramble mode- 5 people recommend you one pokemon each. Your 6th is your starter, and you use only those pokemon on your list. Found here

Monotype mode- You play through the game using a single type. Dual types are allowed if they have your chosen type, as are pokemon that will evolve into that type. If you can't catch one of your type before the first gym, trade for an EGG! EGG ONLY!! or use your starter until you can- but no dragons/ghosts. Full rules and a thread here.

EASY:

No running away- Self explanitory. Never run from a wild pokemon, fight every trainer.

Gym Challenger mode- Only take to a Gym the same number of pokemon as a Gym leader has- how is it fair when it can be 6 on 2, for example, against Brock?

MEDIUM:

No saving before legendaries- (includes the Snorlaxes, in this case)

HARD:

Limited items mode- don't use any item that isn't required to finish the game (items like the HM surf)- includes Pokeballs, healing items, TM's etc - use none of them! Note: You MUST choose Squirtle (I think), or you can't complete this mode!

Single pokemon mode- Get your chosen pokemon ASAP and never use anything else. I heard about a guy who did this with a weedle on red- and won.

Hardcore mode- Any pokemon that faints gets released. Death is permanant!

For scramble and monotype mode, post on the relevant thread. If you want to post your progress on any other modes, feel free to post here.

Last edited:

CJV1

Boulder Trainer
I know a few more

only use dittos plus no battle pokes for surf and other needed hms

Never enter a pokemon center

Never pick up items on the ground

Never change your team of six and make it equal level

equal level means

weakest
next strong
next strong
next strong
next strong
strongest

in level and each time the weakest levels higher than one of the others move it down to the right spot and ya cant switch pokes in battle EVER

Last edited:

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
I know a few more

only use dittos plus no battle pokes for surf and other needed hms

Never enter a pokemon center Impossible for PP problems

Never pick up items on the ground Not really that hard

Never change your team of six and make it equal level I always do this

equal level means

weakest
next strong
next strong
next strong
next strong
strongest

in level and each time the weakest levels higher than one of the others move it down to the right spot and ya cant switch pokes in battle EVER

Additions in bold

CJV1

Boulder Trainer
by the never change i mean the first 6 pokes you encounter and are catchable are your team so on FR i might have weedle squirtle caterpie pidgey nidoran and rattata for my end game team

for the pp you gotta but the elixir i think whatever the pp restoring one is

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
by the never change i mean the first 6 pokes you encounter and are catchable are your team so on FR i might have weedle squirtle caterpie pidgey nidoran and rattata for my end game team

for the pp you gotta but the elixir i think whatever the pp restoring one is

You can't get an Elixer for quite a long time in game, you'd have to be forever catching new pokes for more PP.

CJV1

Boulder Trainer
we both forgot one thing ngame your mom can fully heal your pokes and last time i checked she didnt convert the house into a pokecenter when ya leave