• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ There isn't a most effective in general. We have to know what you want to get out of the Pokémon. For example, we could say Timid, but that wouldn't be good if you wanted a Special Wall, for example.

Final

I Submit to No One
I don't really care, I just want to know what nature is most effective with Mew. :p

Timid or Jolly generally for offensive sets although Adamant or Modest can be used for more power and Calm or Bold for Defensive sets. Due to Mew's versatility, the right Nature depends on the set.

WarHero

<- elite pokémaster
What would be a good offensive set for a kabutops? I want to use surf and waterfall to give me a good physical and special water attack. Don't know what to pick for the other attacks though. I spend forever breeding to get a nature that increased attack at the expense of one of the defenses. So attack is boosted with special attack neutral.

Final

I Submit to No One
^ Kabutops @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 172 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk / 84 Spe (if applicable)
~ Surf
~ Hidden Power [Grass] / Ice Beam
~ Stone Edge
~ Waterfall

Kind of gimmicky but it does severely hurt a lot of the Physical walls that are usually good counters for Kabutops. Hidden Power [Grass] is usually the better option over Ice Beam but Ice Beam should be fine if you don't want to spend forever breeding for a good Hidden Power [Grass]. Ice Beam still covers Physically Defensive Grass Types as well as Dragons. Surf is obvious for special STAB, and Stone Edge and Waterfall for Physical dual-STAB. Rash is probably the best Nature for the set since it is special based. Other acceptable Natures for this particular variant are Mild, Lonely and Naughty. Also, Kabutop's should be used in Rain which is what the EVs are designed for. Otherwise you should run an all Physical set as Kabutops needs all the power it can get on the Special side (if going mixed), Speed and a decent Attack investment to do some real damage.

Last edited:

SteelArson

Hi i got redirected here from a thread i posted.

I'm planning on sending a torterra over to my SS when i get the game and i was hoping for some advice on my torterra's build.

I'm planning on making it an offensive wall, and was going to use stockpile as a stat boosting move becaue it ups both spdef and def so i wont be vulnerable to a certain move type.

Here's my build;

Torterra w/ Leftovers
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Leech Seed
-Stockpile
Nature: Adamant
Ev's: 252 HP 252Atk 4Spdef

seeing as this is in game batteling i'm not expecting to be able to wall and beat everything. only things that are weak to grass and ground, and stuff that my other pokes can't.

My stratergy would be to stockpile once, then leech seed the poke, then stockpile another 2-3 times before unleashing hell with earthquake or woodhammer.

How does that sound??

SteelArson

wouldn't it be better though to boost his the SpDef so he can take special hits, because ice is more commonly a Special attack, and if i'm gona be mowing down water types that probably have ice beam or blizzard, wouldn't extra special be helpful, or is it just wasted?

Also i want leech seed because i really like the move, it does damage and heals me, so with the whole walling idea i would be able to take more hits with leech seed active.

AlCario

Banned
wouldn't it be better though to boost his the SpDef so he can take special hits, because ice is more commonly a Special attack, and if i'm gona be mowing down water types that probably have ice beam or blizzard, wouldn't extra special be helpful, or is it just wasted?

Torterra shouldn't be taking any Ice Beams anyway.

Also i want leech seed because i really like the move, it does damage and heals me, so with the whole walling idea i would be able to take more hits with leech seed active.

The tanking set generally works well:

Torterra@Leftovers
Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Leech Seed
-Protect

Protect allows you to stall Leech Seed and Leftover recovery.

Blue Raja

1000+ Triples wins!
Question:DB BT Gengar?

Breeding a Gengar for BT to compliment Azelf Exploder-
I want this Gengar to be an Exploder as well.
I am trying for 100+wins in Double Battle in the Battle tower.
Need some feedback regarding Nature-(thinking Naive or Hasty)-but I may be wrong....could need Adamant?or Jolly? Or what?

I am thinking of this-
Gengar
@???/focus sash
Naive or Hasty
252speed/252att
shadow punch
explode
protect
???

Any advice out in Serebii land? Regarding:
Nature.
Hold Item.
Move set.

thanks.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Gengar @ Focus Sash (assuming Azelf doesn't have it)
Naive / Levitate
4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Explosion
- Thunderbolt
- HP [Fighting] / Focus Blast

Peyrie

Once SoulSilver comes out in english, I´m planning to make a solo run using the pokemon '' Goldeen ''.
Um.. so I know that goldeen´s best stats are like ATK & Spe..
But I really don´t know which moves to give her.. s:

;118; @ ?

-Waterfall (?)
- Megahorn (?)
- ?
- ?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^

• Goldeen @ Damp Rock
• Adamant Nature
~ Waterfall
~ Megahorn
~ Bounce
~ Rain Dance

It's lol. Buy Rhys29 swept a team with a Seaking running the same moveset (IIRC) once. Since it's a Solo Run, Rain Dance is fine, and it also gets its Swift Swim ability going. Good luck.

Peyrie

^

• Goldeen @ Damp Rock
• Adamant Nature
~ Waterfall
~ Megahorn
~ Bounce
~ Rain Dance

It's lol. Buy Rhys29 swept a team with a Seaking running the same moveset (IIRC) once. Since it's a Solo Run, Rain Dance is fine, and it also gets its Swift Swim ability going. Good luck.

Thank you !
Um.. but could I ask you a question ? :p
um.. is bounce really necessary ?
or do you think I could exchange the move for something else ? xd

[Sorry for being annoying. ]

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ There's nothing much else that Goldeen can effectively use, really. I suppose Return is the best option, given that Water + Normal actually have great coverage together. In fact, yeah, Return > Bounce because the AI will Hax you to death otherwise.

Don't worry. You're not annoying.

Peyrie

^ There's nothing much else that Goldeen can effectively use, really. I suppose Return is the best option, given that Water + Normal actually have great coverage together. In fact, yeah, Return > Bounce because the AI will Hax you to death otherwise.

Don't worry. You're not annoying.

Thanks so much ! :)

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ No problem :)

@ mudkip0, I'm so very proud of you. Would you like a moveset with that?

• Swampert @ Leftovers
• Careful Nature
• 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
~ Waterfall
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Punch / Avalanche
~ Curse

That's a pretty solid in-game set, IMO. The infamous CursePert. Double STAB + Coverage + Curse. Self-explanitory, really. The choice of Avalanche vs. Ice Punch is yours. Personally, after a few boosts, I think Ice Punch would do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.