That's fine. Black Sludge could work over Leftovers too, especially if Item Clause is in effect. Calm is handy for a Nature, since Venusaur has great Sp.Def, but Bold can work.How's this set?
umbronmove set / evs this is what i plan / got so far, no egg moves he is all most lv 70 and is careful n capeable of ttakeing hits
100 Sp Def
hp? 252. I'm not sure about the rest, though...
What are good movesets for Delcatty (cute charm or normalize, does not matter) and Beautifly?
I'm level grinding to be able to reface the Elite Four in HeartGold and my Houndoom will soon be wanting to chew on things. ( crunch lv 53)
Akainu the Houndoom
-Howl (thinking nasty plot will go here)
-Embargo (I'm thinking a must against the Elite but maybe there's a better move in general)
Should I pass on crunch or not. Also ideas for a hold item would be appreciated.
So yea, I'd run Extremespeed unless you have a very specific reason to use something else.Hyper Beam sucks in general because of the Recharge Turn. Extremespeed isn't more likely to 2HKO anything as its Base Power is slightly lower than Body Slam's, but 80 Base Power non-fail Priority is something too useful to pass up on with anything that can use it well, imo.
^ It's banned from the Tower.
I really don't see why you're running Calm Mind on a set that has only Physical attacks. You might want to fix that...
^ Bold + physical attacks don't work well. You may need some more sleep. xD
If i don't get any replies then I'll just use the 252/252/4 and Thunder Wave.OMGimmick.
• Ampharos @ Leftovers
• Modest Nature
• 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpAtk or 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpAtk or 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpDef (With a Bold Nature)
~ Charge Beam
~ Hidden Power [Ice]
SubCharge Ampharos. It seems outclassed by SubCMKou, and it probably is, although being able to attack while setting up and no necessity to invest in Spe, increasing bulk, are both advantages. I'm pretty set on the first three moves, but the EVs and last slot are giving me trouble. For the EVs, here are my spreads explained. I think the first one's the only usable one, though;
• 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpAtk gives the best HP and SpAtk possible, while keeping the HP odd.
• 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpAtk gives the best odd HP, equals Def and SpDef at the lowest possible point while giving Porygon & Co. the Atk Boost rather than SpAtk, then dumps into SpAtk.
• 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpDef, Bold gives me the best possible Defences while maintaining an odd HP and Pory Atk Boost.
Here are some things I've been considering for my last move;
• Toxic, to help kill the opponent while your SpAtk is still low.
• Power Gem / Signal beam / Focus Blast, for more offence.
• A Screen, for support.
• Thunder Wave or Flash to stop the opponent hitting you.
I'd rather not use Focus Punch, btw. I can't stand Mixed sets.