• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksteel460

slice and dice
^ Your Venusaur should be running Atk > Def EVs as you are using an Adamant Nature. It can't learn Spore, but Sleep Powder is the move you need. Otherwise, it's alright. You are, however, walled by Flying so be aware of that. And please format correctly next time...

I'm purposely not ev training in attack because I want him to get a boost in as many stats as possible so that's why I have swords dance and having the adamant so the attack will at least have that initial raise where swords dance can boost the rest of it and I knew it couldn't learn spore I got mixed up with parasects movepool for a second sorry and that defense would comein handy just a bit with air slash and fly

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Well, just be aware that it's generally pretty inefficient to run a Nature that isn't being supported by EVs because it'll mean that your Pokémon isn't particularly good at anything. And Adamant's 10% boost becomes redundant when compared with SD's 100% boost, so you might as well as change it to a defensive Nature. Also, Def EVs won't protect you from Air Slash as that's a special move. You should probably run an EV spread along the lines of 252 HP / 144 Def / 108 SpDef / 4 Spe, Impish if you're wanting to maximise your defences.

Is a Timid or Modest nature better for a support Gardevoir?
I will EV train her too, so will getting a Modest nature and putting points into speed or vice versa be fine?

Last edited:

darksteel460

slice and dice
^ Well, just be aware that it's generally pretty inefficient to run a Nature that isn't being supported by EVs because it'll mean that your Pokémon isn't particularly good at anything. And Adamant's 10% boost becomes redundant when compared with SD's 100% boost, so you might as well as change it to a defensive Nature. Also, Def EVs won't protect you from Air Slash as that's a special move. You should probably run an EV spread along the lines of 252 HP / 144 Def / 108 SpDef / 4 Spe, Impish if you're wanting to maximise your defences.

Ok thanks a lot for the help but one last question, you think I should get rid of sleep powder for amnesia to help with its sp defense so it'd be better all around defensely or you would not suggest that. I'm not usually this off with deciding stuff like this, but thanks anyway for all the advice

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ No, Sleep Powder will help more as it stops the opponent from attacking completely and allows you to set up Swords Dance. Amnesia just makes you a little tougher on the SpDef side, which isn't worth it in this case imo.

Weavile.nl

Proud to be Dutch
How would the EV spread at my Miltank be?

Miltank @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Impish Nature
EVs:
~ Milk Drink
~ Heal Bell
~ Body Slam
~ Earthquake/Hammer Arm

Final

I Submit to No One
How would the EV spread at my Miltank be?

Miltank @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
~ Milk Drink
~ Heal Bell
~ Body Slam
~ Earthquake/Hammer Arm

That should generally suffice. You can also up the Speed EVs to 32 to outrun Jolly Tyranitar if you want. Just something to note.

SuperTyranitar

Ok I have in mind to do this moveset for my hypno:

Ability:????
Nature: Relaxed
Item: Light clay
IVs:252HP/ 252 def/ 4 atk
-trick room
-reflect
-light screen
-zen headbutt

battle tower doubles
which ability?:confused:
I hatched an insomnia Hypno with 31iv in HP, 8 IV in atk, 27iv in defence and 30iv in spdef
and I also hatched a forewarn hypno with the same Ivs except for attack which is higher 26 IV
So... I would prefer insomnia for battle tower as there are lots of brozongs and gengars with hypnosis.HOWEVER the forewarn one would deal more damage with zen headbutt. (I am running zen headbutt cause of the flinch rate;) )
I would like opinions at WHICH ONE SHOULD I USE?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Reposting from your thread.
Forewarn is an incredible ability. It not only tells you if you opponent is dangerous enough, but also allows you to predict its other moves. I would definitely use the Forewarn Hypno.
So yea. Imo, Forewarn > Insomnia in the first place.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
^ Specifics please. I'm going to assume you're running a standard tank Umbreon and a special sweeping Charizard.

I think that a decent Rock resist would do this team wonders. Try a Fighting-type like Machamp or Breloom.

Machamp @ Muscle Band
No Guard / Adamant
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal / Adamant
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Seed Bomb / Leech Seed

tombux

^ Specifics please. I'm going to assume you're running a standard tank Umbreon and a special sweeping Charizard.

I think that a decent Rock resist would do this team wonders. Try a Fighting-type like Machamp or Breloom.

Machamp @ Muscle Band
No Guard / Adamant
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal / Adamant
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Seed Bomb / Leech Seed

oh um the umbreon has
~moonlight
~toxic
~payback
~protect

the charazard i may have a Aerodactyl isted

the zard has
~ Fire Blast
~ Focus Blast
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Air Slash

or aero will get
~ Stealth Rock
~ Fire fang
~Earthquake
~R slide

Last edited:

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Swap Fire Blast for Flamethrower, and change Moonlight to Wish if you want help there.

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
I want to use this Pokémon as a OU competitive lead:

• Primeape @ Choice Scarf
• Vital Spirit
• Adamant nature, 154 Spe / 252 Atk / 104 HP
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- U-turn

The Choice Scarf with 154 Spe Adamant lets him outspeed standard Aerodactyl lead, and the HP EVs lets him survive an Earthquake wich makes me kill it with Ice Punch the second turn.
Vital Spirit is usefull when opposing Roserade lead.
Close Combat is STAB, Ice Punch for coverage - mostly against Aerodactyl - and Earthquake for more coverage - like Jirachi. U-turn for Azelf leads.
It switches away and can be used later in the game. :)

I'm probably going to put Spiritomb in this team too, mostly because I'm afraid of Azelf... Primeape switches to Spiritomb, expecting Explosion of Psychic.

Do you see problems? I'm really excited to work with this guy.

Minorem

what can I put on aggron with naughty nature and salamence with serious nature? I like to make the most of STAB to get more dmg output.

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Could any movesets be recommended for a Docile, Cute Charmin' Lopunny?

Right now, I'm using:
-Return
-Charm
-Bounce
-Healing Wish

But I don't think this'll work at all well out of in-game, even in semi-competitive matches. Healing Wish is to heal up my EspyJumper so she can get back out there fully refreshed after all those Substitutes, and Return is its most powerful STAB move. I think Bounce and Charm are replaceable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.