• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamini

Meganium
Timid nature
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- SolarBeam
-

I'm currently working on a Meganium, it's still a Chikorita because I just started playing. But I'm wondering what move set would be good to use. I was thinking about the 3 moves I just mentioned, but what do you think? And which move should I add? Thanks in advance c:

Cmack102

Typhlosion (Modest)
~
Heat Wave
Solarbeam (My first pokemon to be sent out has Sunny Day) (Also covers all 3 weaknesses)
Will-O-Wisp? (Only one I'm not sure I want..)
Focus Blast

KillerDraco

Meganium
Timid nature
- Earthquake
- Body Slam
- SolarBeam
-

I'm currently working on a Meganium, it's still a Chikorita because I just started playing. But I'm wondering what move set would be good to use. I was thinking about the 3 moves I just mentioned, but what do you think? And which move should I add? Thanks in advance c:

Well, your moves and nature sort of contradict themselves; Timid weakens attack (+Spe/-Atk), while Body Slam and Earthquake are obviously physical. Meganium's offenses aren't too great to begin with either, and its special movepool is genuinely pretty bad. If you don't have a Sunny Day user, you might want want to avoid Solar Beam; the two turn requirement makes it outclassed by Energy Ball (which does more damage over two turns). You could try something along the lines of...

Meganium
-Energy Ball
-Ancient Power
-Toxic
-Leech Seed

Seriously, its Special Movepool is that bad; I wouldn't even suggest Ancient Power at all but it literally has no other good special options, barring Hidden Power. Toxic and Leech Seed can at least take advantage of its natural bulk to stall. Reflect and/or Light Screen can also be viable, though.

SD Variants of Meganium can be good, but I wouldn't do it with a Timid nature; its attack is already fairly unimpressive, you don't want a nature that cuts it even lower. If it had a better nature, I'd suggest:

Meganium
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Seed Bomb
-Body Slam

Again, if you want to use SD Meganium, I'd advise a better nature than Timid.

Typhlosion (Modest)
~
Heat Wave
Solarbeam (My first pokemon to be sent out has Sunny Day) (Also covers all 3 weaknesses)
Will-O-Wisp? (Only one I'm not sure I want..)
Focus Blast

That's pretty much all Typhlosion has available as far as Special Attacks are concerned. Your only other two choices to replace Will-O-Wisp are Hidden Power (which results may vary for), and Extrasensory, which is an egg move. Alernatively, you can also put Eruption in place of Will-O-Wisp; while it is type-redundant, it does offer a 150 base power attack with no drawbacks when at full health; once your HP starts dropping though, you can switch to the more reliable options. Speaking of which, I'd personally use Flamethrower over Heat Wave; the drop in power is only slight (95 vs. 100), but the perfect accuracy makes up for it, imo. Only in Double Battles does Heat Wave tend to be preferable.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Typhlosion can simply use Flamethrower / Focus Miss / Shadow Claw / Eruption.

The drop in Attack isn't too bad with Modest, so for ingame purposes it still works well.

uberHexagon

Oshawatching you...
I'm trying to use a Gardevior in my platinum but I'm having trouble picking the moveset for her. I have 3 that I have come up with. All natures are Timid/Modest. I don't normally EV train before the elite 4 but if I decided to it would be 252SpA and 252Spe. Here are the movesets:

First Moveset

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Magical Leaf
Thunderbolt

Second Moveset

Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Magical Leaf
Thunderbolt

Third Moveset

Calm Mind
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Notes: As you can see, I'm aiming for Gardevior to be an attacker. I don't mind if she's used as a supporter though. Magical Leaf and Thunderbolt are purely for coverage. I would use Energy Ball but I don't have the TM for it yet. I will be getting it soon.

KillerDraco

I'm trying to use a Gardevior in my platinum but I'm having trouble picking the moveset for her. I have 3 that I have come up with. All natures are Timid/Modest. I don't normally EV train before the elite 4 but if I decided to it would be 252SpA and 252Spe. Here are the movesets:

First Moveset

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Magical Leaf
Thunderbolt

Second Moveset

Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Magical Leaf
Thunderbolt

Third Moveset

Calm Mind
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Notes: As you can see, I'm aiming for Gardevior to be an attacker. I don't mind if she's used as a supporter though. Magical Leaf and Thunderbolt are purely for coverage. I would use Energy Ball but I don't have the TM for it yet. I will be getting it soon.

Go for the third one. Gardevoir makes good use of Calm Mind, and Psychic/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast (despite the latter's shaky accuracy) offers amazing neutral coverage. It's pretty much the standard Calm Mind Gardevoir set.

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Just a nitpick, but if you hate Focus Miss' Accuracy, check your Hidden Power. Hp [Fire] / Hp [Fighting] could replace it.

i dont think you should use hidden power fighting its not very strong focus blast has more power you should use wish as will gardevoir is good with wish

Tancar911

V Where's Squirtle?
Just a nitpick, but if you hate Focus Miss' Accuracy, check your Hidden Power. Hp [Fire] / Hp [Fighting] could replace it.
if you could, just give gardevoir a wide lens instead, even if the hp is fire or fighting, chances are the power is so low it wouldnt do the damage in two turns focus blast would in 1 and a miss

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Actually if Focus Miss missed once, Hidden Power would outdamage it. Either way, the 3 Moves are completely viable.

Don't use Wish on Gardy, it's too frail and you can use Potions anyways.

Ace Trainer Riana

I need advice on my Ninjask the first three moves are Baton Pass, Swords Dance, U-Turn. It currently has Substitute, but I wonder if I would be better off with Protect because Substitutes tend to break after one hit.

KillerDraco

I need advice on my Ninjask the first three moves are Baton Pass, Swords Dance, U-Turn. It currently has Substitute, but I wonder if I would be better off with Protect because Substitutes tend to break after one hit.

There's no real reason to use U-Turn on a Baton Pass Ninjask. It defeats the purpose entirely, since you already have Baton Pass to escape, you generally wouldn't ever use U-Turn (which gets rid of your boosts anyway). Switch it with X-Scissor. You can swap Sub for Protect if you're not having much use from it, since Protect will ensure you get at least one Speed Boost.

Substitute IS invaluable for the Battle Tower, but... it's complicated to make it work effectively. The prevailing strategy is to use things like Paralysis and/or Accuracy lowering moves with your lead Pokemon, and then switch in your setup Pokemon (in this case, Ninjask). In which case, since the AI doesn't switch, they'd be stuck dealing with an incredibly low chance of hitting due to being paralyzed and having their accuracy so low, which gives you nearly limitless time to set up to the point of being at +6, and put up a Substitute so you're not revenge killed by Scizor or Mamoswine.

Doing this with Baton Pass though is a bit cumbersome, though.

Ace Trainer Riana

What's better on a Garchomp: Outrage or Dragon Rush? Dragon Rush has a better effect, but the decreased accuracy has caused problems before

KillerDraco

What's better on a Garchomp: Outrage or Dragon Rush? Dragon Rush has a better effect, but the decreased accuracy has caused problems before

Outrage always and forever. Dragon Rush should never be used because of the poor accuracy, while Outrage's combination of high power and perfect accuracy make it the most powerful force available to Garchomp. If you're worried about being locked into Outrage and the confusion effect thereafter, Dragon Claw is the standard alternative; it may not be as powerful as Dragon Rush, but the perfect accuracy makes it far more reliable.

Koridojo_Blaziken

Apologies if this rather hypothetical post would have been better posted elsewhere. I've browsed through the subforum, and for the life of me could not really find a place that seemed more appropriate for a question like this.

Anyways...could I get some recommendations for a moveset-item combo that could turn Raticate into a viable surprise-offensive Pokemon? Weird as it may sound, I am actually seriously considering putting it on my main team for a file reboot and seeing how far I can go with it in terms of high-level battling and gameplay.

I'll admit I rather like the idea of Thunder Wave for the status-troll factor, and Return and Sucker Punch seem good too, but.... Hnngh. SO MANY OPTIONS. X_X I'm a bit bogged under just trying to work through such a diverse move pool.

As for Items, I was thinking either Focus Sash or something boosting critical hit rates or Dark-type moves. Or would one of the end-game Resistance berries serve better? And Nature-wise, would it be smarter to choose one that boosts Physical Attack or Speed?

Last edited:

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Apologies if this rather hypothetical post would have been better posted elsewhere. I've browsed through the subforum, and for the life of me could not really find a place that seemed more appropriate for a question like this.

Anyways...could I get some recommendations for a moveset-item combo that could turn Raticate into a viable surprise-offensive Pokemon? Weird as it may sound, I am actually seriously considering putting it on my main team for a file reboot and seeing how far I can go with it in terms of high-level battling and gameplay.

I'll admit I rather like the idea of Thunder Wave for the status-troll factor, and Return and Sucker Punch seem good too, but.... Hnngh. SO MANY OPTIONS. X_X I'm a bit bogged under just trying to work through such a diverse move pool.

As for Items, I was thinking either Focus Sash or something boosting critical hit rates or Dark-type moves. Or would one of the end-game Resistance berries serve better? And Nature-wise, would it be smarter to choose one that boosts Physical Attack or Speed?

Why not use a Guts Raticate with a Flame Orb? Something like this.

Raticate @ Flame Orb
Adamant Nature
Ability: Guts
EVs (if you care): 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
-Facade
-Crunch
-Zen Headbutt
-Flame Wheel??

Guts Raticate is fun to use. Facade is STAB and is powered up by the burn. Flame Orb helps you get the Guts boost for all of your moves. Crunch is the same power as Sucker Punch, but with a higher amount of PP. It should outspeed most pokemon, so priority is not needed. Zen Headbutt offers more coverage and a flinch chance, which is always nice. I chose Flame Wheel for the last move because it offered a little more coverage, but it just barely out damages burn boosted Facade on a steel type. If you can think of a better move, use it.

Koridojo_Blaziken

Thanks, Kansas! My only real concern with this arrangement is of the Burn damage piling up and potentially knocking it out, though I guess if I train it up enough then battles should end fast enough that this won't be too much of a concern. As for Flame Wheel, what about switching it out for Dig? That way there's still Steel coverage, plus Electric and Rock. I can't remember off the top of my head what Dig's power is, though--would it be able to keep up with Flame Wheel for damage?

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Thanks, Kansas! My only real concern with this arrangement is of the Burn damage piling up and potentially knocking it out, though I guess if I train it up enough then battles should end fast enough that this won't be too much of a concern. As for Flame Wheel, what about switching it out for Dig? That way there's still Steel coverage, plus Electric and Rock. I can't remember off the top of my head what Dig's power is, though--would it be able to keep up with Flame Wheel for damage?

You are worried about damage stacking up, yet you want to run Dig? It gets burn damage on both turns, and is only averaging 40 damage per hit. Earthquake will also hit a digging pokemon. It also usually does enough damage to OHKO most things with Facade, so not much damage is racked up. Also, since this is an ingame pokemon, potions are rather inexpensive so you can heal its HP without getting rid of the burn. I would run Flame Wheel.

Storm Surge

Bird of Jesus
Before I start my Platinum again, I'm wondering what starter to choose. I know I won't to Piplup, but should I get Turtwig or Chimchar? Turtwig is awesome, and my all time favorite of the three, considering I don't like Sinnoh much, but what about Chimchar? I'd like to try it out, and I'd actually be able to get past the second gym without having to try fifteen times .3.
If so, can someone please mention a nature and set? TMs would be alternate, because I'm not entirely sure I'd be able to get them...

Is this a good idea?

Okay have my main team, but wanted to maybe add gyarados too because , well its just awesome, but i have a question , would giving it the moveset , water pulse, thunder ,earthquake and fire blast make it awesome or terrible?

Status
Not open for further replies.