• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slaking can't learn Skill Swap...

If you're running Slaking on a 2v2 team, you could have another Pokemon with Skill Swap. Also, Gastro Acid works well too to get rid of Traunt. Actually, Gastro Acid might be better as it just gets rid of Traunt's effects right then and there. With Skill Swap, your Pokemon will still have Traunt, and then you'll have to Skill Swap again.

But to answer your question, pick something durable with Skill Swap. I'm thinking along the lines of Slowbro, Claydol, Dusknoir, Bronzong... etc. Having a Levitating/Pressure Slaking would be kinda cool. Also, these Pokemon can resist Slaking's EQ. (Except Slowbro and Dusknoir, but they can learn Protect).

ironknight42

never noticed this before
Ludicolo@Big Root
Ability: Rain Dish
Surf
Giga Drain
Ice Beam
Rain Dance

Ally, if you go one page back, I listed an Azumarill MS.

Gorgonopsid Master, there are a few different Sceptile movesets you could use.

Sceptile (Timid Nature) @Leftovers
EVs: 252 Speed, 200 Hp, 58 Sp.Attack (or something like that...)
-Energy Ball
-Dragon Pulse
-Leech Seed
-Substitute

This set might work better in a competitive environment, but it'll be fine ingame too. Leech Seed and Leftovers offer good recovery, and this is a good stalling set.

Sceptile (Adamant/Jolly Nature) @Leftovers
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Hp
-Leaf Blade
-Swords Dance
-EQ
-Thunder Punch/Dragon Claw/Crunch/Brick Break

Sceptile on the physical side. Although its base Attack is lower than its Sp.Attack, Swords Dance makes up for that. Sceptile is able to learn a lot more physical attacks anyway, so this could be a way to go.

Sceptile (Timid/Modest Nature) @Choice Specs
EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Hp
-Leaf Storm
-Energy Ball/HP Ice, HP Fire
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast

It's okay to have two damaging Grass attacks here. Leaf Storm is so you can hit very hard, and Energy Ball is for if you run out of PP/late game/etc.

ironknight42, Ludicolo is way better off holding the Leftovers. It provides her with consistant recovery. You should consider Leech Seed over Giga Drain for extra recovery with the Leftovers. However, your set is fine. Make sure she has a Calm Nature.

mimejr.james

< The one and only
Hey there. I need a good moveset for a Weavile that has Docile as a nature. And is Scope Lens a good hold item for a Weavile? Thanks in advance.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Better get a Jolly Nature one.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
~Ice Punch
~Night Slash
~Aerial Ace
~Brick Break

Hits fast and hard, then switch if needed.

Ally

IS this a good Moveset for azumarill?

Azumarill
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power

~Body Slam
~Waterfall
~Dig
~Aqua-Jet / Ice Punch

also with this azumarill two things;

1. Is the only way to get ice-punch from move-tutor in emerald?
2. If I have a Azumarill with body slam and breed it with another Azumarill that doesn't, will the baby have body slam?

ironknight42

how is this set
Floatzel@Life Orb
Adamant
Ability Swift Swim
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Crunch
-Brick Break/Bulk Up
which one should I use for floatzel what do you think

IS this a good Moveset for azumarill?

Azumarill
Nature: Adamant
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Huge Power

~Body Slam
~Waterfall
~Dig
~Aqua-Jet / Ice Punch
Dig might seem appealing due to it being a Ground attack, but think about it; Dig has a base power of 60 AND it takes two turns to use. If you're using it on an Electric Pokemon, it'll have a base power of 120 in two turns. HOWEVER, STAB Waterfall also has a base power of 120 iirc AND it only takes one turn to use. So... STAB Waterfall is a much better choice than Dig. Put Brick Break (or Focus Punch) over Dig for more coverage.

2. If I have a Azumarill with body slam and breed it with another Azumarill that doesn't, will the baby have body slam?
I don't think it will since Body Slam is not an Egg move for Azurill or Marill. :/

ironknight42 said:
how is this set
Floatzel@Life Orb
Adamant
Ability Swift Swim
-Waterfall
-Ice Fang
-Crunch
-Brick Break/Bulk Up
which one should I use for floatzel what do you think
Looks good, but having Bulk Up + damage from Life Orb seems kind of bad. Make it a Choice Bander with Brick Break imo.

CheeseMuffin

Muffin Man
Is this a good moveset for a leafeon?

Leafeon@Grass Plate
Rash Nature
-Aerial Ace
-Magical Leaf
-Solar Beam
-Synthesis

Ally

Dig has a base power of 60 AND it takes two turns to use. If you're using it on an Electric Pokemon, it'll have a base power of 120 in two turns.

dig has a power of 80 now doesn't it? Therefore it has 160 power against electric, which covers a weakness. Also my Ambipom has learnt brick-break so that does some covering,

more breeding questions though with azumarill;

1. If I have an Adamant male ditto which is holding an everstone and i breed it with a Hasty Female Azumarill which has the moves:
Body-Slam
Ice-Punch
Dig
Waterfall

will the baby have those moves, as it is with a ditto? and also the baby will have a 50% chance of being Adamant, Correct?

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Is this a good moveset for a leafeon?

Leafeon@Grass Plate
Rash Nature
-Aerial Ace
-Magical Leaf
-Solar Beam
-Synthesis

No, it's not good at all......

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
~Leaf Blade
~X-Scissor
~Swords Dance
~Aerial Ace/Baton Pass

That's better :)

CheeseMuffin

Muffin Man
What should i train Leafeon's EVs in?

Aginoh

No doubt this is as basic as it gets...i'm about to start training a bagon...what nature,ev spread and moveset should I plan for at lvl 100?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
@CheeseMuffin
Attack and Speed, I guess.

@Aginoh

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
~Hydro Pump
~Draco Meteor
~Flamethrower
~Dragon Pulse

Salamence
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~Dragon Dance/Dragon Claw
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Aerial Ace

dig has a power of 80 now doesn't it? Therefore it has 160 power against electric, which covers a weakness.
Yeah, I forgot if Dig's power was increased.

But Dig still takes two turns to use. :/ Waterfall will still do more to Electric Pokemon in two turns than Dig will. (240 Base Power vs. 160)

Also my Ambipom has learnt brick-break so that does some covering,
I suppose, but what if it faints? Ambipom is also kind of hard to switch in.

more breeding questions though with azumarill;

1. If I have an Adamant male ditto which is holding an everstone and i breed it with a Hasty Female Azumarill which has the moves:
Body-Slam
Ice-Punch
Dig
Waterfall

will the baby have those moves, as it is with a ditto? and also the baby will have a 50% chance of being Adamant, Correct?

Only male Pokemon can pass on moves. Only female Pokemon can pass on Natures. In this case, since you're breeding a female with an Everstone Ditto, I don't think it will have a 50% chance of being Adamant. Also, Ice Punch and Body Slam aren't Egg Moves, so they wouldn't be inherited anyway. The offspring Marill would know Waterfall and Dig since those are HM and TM moves. BUT, not in this case since female Pokemon can't pass on moves.

Try to get a male Marill/Azumarill and breed it with an Adamant Ditto holding the Everstone. THEN you'll have a 50% chance of the offspring being Adamant, and the baby will also learn any moves it could inherit from the father. (I hope that makes sense)

Status
Not open for further replies.