• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
I'm keeping a tally on how many times arceus03 mentions he in his posts.

dpmfb192.png

Sunflora@Life Orb
Quiet (+Sp. Atk, -Speed)
Trait: Solar Power
252 Sp. Atk, 252 HP, 6 Def

Solarbeam
HP Fire
Sludge Bomb
Return

Last two moves are REALLY filler. I've been using this with a Trick Room/Sunny Day Bronzong with some success. It's mostly for awesome points.

trip_dering

Team Legendz Boss
Is this Crobat battleworthy?

Kuro (Shiny Crobat) @ Poison Barb
Hardy
16/14/22/19/23/22
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Poison Fang
---

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
randomn00b said:
Sunflora@Life Orb
Quiet (+Sp. Atk, -Speed)

Solarbeam
HP Fire
Sludge Bomb
Return

Last two moves are REALLY filler. I've been using this with a Trick Room/Sunny Day Bronzong with some success. It's mostly for awesome points.

You get 100 awesome points from me. Consider Worry Seed, maybe, since a good many Pokemon rely on abilities to get by in double battles.

trip_dering said:
Is this Crobat battleworthy?

Kuro (Shiny Crobat) @ Poison Barb
Hardy
16/14/22/19/23/22
Toxic
Confuse Ray
Poison Fang
---

...No, not really. Without Hypnosis or Brave Bird, Crobat is worthless imo. You could try:

Crobat @ Leftovers
~ Taunt
~ U-turn
~ Cross Poison
~ Confuse Ray / Steel Wing / Aerial Ace

Or, if you have Platinum:

Crobat @ Choice Specs
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Air Slash
~ Heat Wave
~ Hidden Power [Electric] / Shadow Ball

Yes, your Hidden Power is Electric, with a base power of 69! It should OHKO Gyarados. =D Anyways, Heat Wave is essential on this set so that you can hit Steels hard, who would otherwise completely wall Crobat.

trip_dering

Team Legendz Boss
What would be some good EV's for that first one? and then the second. I'm seriously considering importing Platy.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
I need to get these rated, individually, of course. I have no emotional attachments to any of these, so please feel free to comment on moves and everything on general. I am also open to any and all suggestions. Also plese feel free to point out any problems or flaws, because I know there definitely will be. Just please don't be too harsh.

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
Modest Nature
Ability: Rain Dish
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Energy Ball/Giga Drain
-Focus Blast/Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

Slaking @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Ability: Truant
-Slack Off
-Substitute
-Shadow Claw
-Focus Punch

Aggron @ Life Orb
Adamant/Impish Nature
Ability: Sturdy
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Iron Head
-Dragon Claw

Whiscash @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
Ability: Oblivious
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Ice Beam
-Zen Headbutt/Stone Edge

Claydol @ Light Clay
Sassy/Relaxed Nature
Ability: Levitate
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Cosmic Power
-Sandstorm/Psychic/Shadow Ball

Bastiodon @ Focus Sash
Impish Nature
-Taunt
-Metal Burst
-Swagger
-Protect/Toxic

and

Drapion @ Scope Lens
Jolly Nature
Ability: Sniper
-Cross Poison
-Night Slash
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake

I hope I didn't post too many. Can erase some if needed.

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
What would be some good EV's for that first one? and then the second. I'm seriously considering importing Platy.

You want to max Speed on both so that you have a chance to outrun Jolteon and Weavile. The Choice Specs version should just have max Special Attack as well, with the remaining EVs in HP. You could probably just give max Attack on the first one, since Crobat is rather frail and won't survive a Weavile Ice Punch or a Jolteon Thunderbolt (or any other super-effective STAB attack) without significant HP and (Special) Defense EV investment.

Roost is another option I forgot to mention, but as I said, Crobat is frail, so it's probably not the best choice, especially since you can't get Hypnosis.

Poke-friend said:
I need to get these rated, individually, of course. I have no emotional attachments to any of these, so please feel free to comment on moves and everything on general. I am also open to any and all suggestions. Also plese feel free to point out any problems or flaws, because I know there definitely will be. Just please don't be too harsh.

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
Modest Nature (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
Trait: Rain Dish
~ Surf
~ Leech Seed
~ Substitute / Ice Beam
~ Rain Dance

Slaking @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
~ Return
~ Shadow Claw
~ ThunderPunch / Ice Punch
~ Earthquake / Brick Break / Hammer Arm / Focus Punch

No Sub on Slaking; it just gives the opponent more chances to break it (and chances to switch, set up, etc). Due to his crappy ability, Slaking is better with a power-hitting hit-and-run set. Shadow Claw hits ghosts. Earthquake and a Fighting move all hit Rocks and Steels, but it's up to you which you want to use. Brick Break is consistent but relatively weak. Hammer Arm lowers Speed. Earthquake fails against Bronzong and Skarmory. Focus Punch is risky but the payoff is huge if you predict correctly.

Aggron @ Focus Sash
~ Metal Burst
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Iron Head

Ahh, what fun. Will most likely kill at least one Pokemon before going down. Taunt is an option to keep Pokemon from setting up; Roar is good to blow them away. Endeavor would be hilarious after you get a kill with Metal Burst, but your dismal Speed as well as the amount of priority attacks in UU limits its potential. Choice Band Aggron also works.

Whiscash @ Choice Band / Life Orb
~ Earthquake
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge / Spark
~ Zen Headbutt

Poor Whiscash, he's horrible. Spark is only mentioned for the surprise kill on Gyarados. :s

Claydol @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
~ Rapid Spin
~ Calm Mind
~ Ice Beam
~ Earth Power / Reflect

Pretty cool Spinner, as he resists all three entry hazards as well as QuakEdge. Reflect helps out the team, but Earth Power gives good coverage along with Ice Beam.

For Bastiodon, you could use Block in one of the last two slots to have a semi-Wobbuffet. Bastiodon in general sucks though.

Swords Dance over Ice Fang on Drapion.

Last edited:
*Note all of these guyz are relativley slow, except Slaking, so a Trickster can be a big help to them

And about Bastiodon, idk what to put on him, just threw in the common moves on Rock types: Quakedge

Ludicolo @ Damp Rock
Modest Nature
Ability: Rain Dish
-Surf
-Leech Seed/ Energy Ball/ Toxic
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance/ Toxic

Slaking @ Leftovers
Adamant/ Jolly Nature
Ability: Truant
-Slack Off
-Substitute
-Shadow Claw
-Focus Punch
IDK on this one^ but it could work

Aggron @ Leftovers
Adamant/Impish Nature
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Focus Punch
-Dragon Claw/ Substitute

Whiscash @ Choice Band
Adamant
Nature
Ability: Oblivious
-Earthquake
-Waterfall
-Avalanche ( If it can learn it)
-Zen Headbutt

Claydol @ Light Clay
Sassy/Relaxed Nature
Ability: Levitate
-Power Trick
-Reflect/ Cosmic Power
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Bastiodon @ Leftovers can work
Impish Nature
-EQ
-Metal Burst
-Stone Edge
-Toxic

and

Drapion @ Scope Lens
Jolly Nature
Ability: Sniper
-Cross Poison
-Night Slash
-Ice Fang
-Earthquake

I hope I didn't post too many. Can erase some if needed.

arceus03

I'm keeping a tally on how many times arceus03 mentions he in his posts.

Good, keep going :D

dpmfb192.png

Sunflora@Life Orb
Quiet (+Sp. Atk, -Speed)

Solarbeam
HP Fire
Sludge Bomb
Return

Urm, Synthesis on the last slot may help to ease the pain from the Life Orb. Especially if Sunflora is used in a Sunny Day Trick Room team.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
I forgot to mention that the Sunflora is used in a Singles Team, not doubles. I lead with Heat Rock Bronzong with Sunny Day/Trick Room/Explosion/Gyro Ball and send in Sunflora to sweep.

Slaking@Choice Band
Naughty (+Atk, -Sp. Def)
Trait: Truant

Return
Fire Blast
Ice Punch/Ice Beam
Sucker Punch

Sucker Punch is only if you're afraid of being outrun.

manectricrox

Weavile FTW!
i need a good moveset for my froslass please ty for your help.Pm me with the moveset plzz and thankyou. =P

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Froslass@Choice Specs
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Trait: Snow Cloak
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
HP Fight

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
I hope this is ok.

Froslass @ Wise Glasses/Icy Rock
Modest Nature
Ability: Snow Cloak
-Hail
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Blizzard

I don't know. If you're going to use this with a team that's non-resistant to Hail, then it might encounter some problems.

^It's great to have 100% accurate base power 120 STAB, but Froslass is frail, so you might not get a chance, give it Focus Sash if you still wanna use that set, and then throw in Destiny Bond

I need a good moveset for Breloom, just b/c I'm lazy to think of one

arceus03

^Snow Cloak _might_ make the foe's attack miss, but don't count on it all the time.

Breloom is easy.

dpmfa286.png

Breloom, Jolly (+Speed, -SAtk)
-Leech Seed
-Spore
-Substitute
-Focus Punch

How inoriginal

Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf/Muscle Band
-Seed Bomb
-Brick Break/Superpower
-ThunderPunch
-Stone Edge
A Muscle Banded Breloom bears Mach Punch I think.

Add another 1 xD

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Epeon @ Leftovers
Nature:Modest/Calm/Timid
Moves:
Psychic
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass/Charm

EpicSeraph

seen regice lately?
i have alot of regigigas with the move iron head, so i was thinking about a para-flinch set.

novelty really....(probably wont score plenty of super effective hits, but the moves on his set help out his ability so much)

anyway:

regigigas, adamant@leftovers
252hp/252attack
-thunderwave
-iron head
-earthquake
-thunderpunch

after a paralysis hes faster than pretty much anything even with no speed investment, so the hp helps him set up thunder wave. iron head will be his main attack (to stall out slow start anyway)

earthquake deals with grounded steels and electrics (they resist steel)

and thunder punch if for stuff like gyarados and skarmory. all in all im pretty sure he hits everything for neutral in the game now (except zapdos which ive only ever encountered once in the battle tower)

any moves i should consider?

please rate, and be mean. i dont really wanna train something thats gonna suck lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.