• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasaioni

You're Illegal
Just Looking for a good moveset for my Infernape, so far I'm thinking:

Brick Brake

Flamethrower

Shadow Claw

Grass Knot

pokemaster95

King of pirates
Rate my sceptile. i think this is a good moveset.

Sceptile level 37

Drain punch
Energy Ball
leaf blade
quick attack.

Last edited:

CheeseMuffin

Muffin Man
I need a good moveset and EV spread for a spiritomb.

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
The subseeding sceptile makes a good set
Sceptile *timid/jolly
@leftovers
-Sub
-Leechseed
-X-scissor/HPfire
-Leafstorm/Energyball/G-knot/Leafblade
First set up a sub then seed behind it and attack, use Xscissor or Hpfire against grasspokes who are immune to Seed.

or a special set

Sceptile *timid/modest
@Choice specs/Lifeorb
-Leafstorm
-G-knot/energy ball
-Dragon pulse/Hpice
-focusblast/Hpfire

or a physical set

Sceptile *Jolly/adamant
@Choice band/Lifeorb
-Leafblade
-Dragon claw/X-Scissors
-Earthquake/Brickbreak/Focus punch
-Crunch/pursuit/Quickattack

Hope your Sceptile's a sucess!

I'm thinking of training Claydol
Claydol
- Cosmic Power
- Ice Beam
- EQ
- explosion/ Rapid Spin
I'm also thinking of Power Trick, w/c one should I take out

Cool Frood

<-- Feelin' Blue...
If this is ingame, then Rapid Spin isn't needed. I would trade Cosmic Power and Power Trick. This is sort of a sweeper, right?

For Infernape, then Close Combat > Brick Break. Otherwise, it should be fine.

pokemaster95

King of pirates
The subseeding sceptile makes a good set
Sceptile *timid/jolly
@leftovers
-Sub
-Leechseed
-X-scissor/HPfire
-Leafstorm/Energyball/G-knot/Leafblade
First set up a sub then seed behind it and attack, use Xscissor or Hpfire against grasspokes who are immune to Seed.

or a special set

Sceptile *timid/modest
@Choice specs/Lifeorb
-Leafstorm
-G-knot/energy ball
-Dragon pulse/Hpice
-focusblast/Hpfire

or a physical set

Sceptile *Jolly/adamant
@Choice band/Lifeorb
-Leafblade
-Dragon claw/X-Scissors
-Earthquake/Brickbreak/Focus punch
-Crunch/pursuit/Quickattack

Hope your Sceptile's a sucess!

Thank you...I have a lot to do for my sceptile.

tmhizzy

Travelling Trainer
Rate my Pikachu ;025;
Nature: Hasty
Item: Light ball
Ev's: 152 atk, 150 spatk, 252 spd, 6hp
Moveset:
Grass knot
Brick break
Volt tackle
Thunderbolt

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
Your Pika seems good, but I would consider choosing only one electric attack and replacing the other with Substitute, because Pika can't handle many hits and help him easily set up for a sweep. Through experience I learned that volt tackle drains his HP like crazy, he can KO himself in 3 or 4 VT's, even without your opponent helping, but it is powerful and accurate though.
Good luck with Pikachu!

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
For Lucario the Special set is always reliable
Lucario *Modest/timid
@Choicespecs/life orb/wiseglasses/expert belt
-Aura sphere
-Vacuum wave/Psychic
-Dark pulse/Shadow ball
-Dragon pulse/Hp ice

or a Physical set works well too.
Lucario *adamant/jolly
@choice band/life orb/muscle band/expertbelt
-Closecombat
-Extreme speed/Bulllet punch
-Stone edge/Earthquake
-crunch/blaze kick

Good luck raising your Lucario!

tmhizzy

Travelling Trainer
Rate my Pikachu;025;
Nature: Hasty
Item: Light ball
Ev's: 127 atk, 125 spatk, 252 spd, 6hp
Moveset:
Grass knot
Brick break
Volt tackle
Thunderbolt
I made a mistake with the EV's

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
Gardevoir is my best friend's favorite pokemon and through experice I learned she does incredibly well as a supporter
Gardevoir *modest/calm
@Leftovers/wide lens
+Trace
-Wish
-Destinybond/Healing wish
-Hypnosis/T-wave/W-o-W
-Psychic
She could heal a team mate with wish and strike them down with a status move and when she can't handle anything anymore, sacrifice herself to either take down the opponent or fully heal a team mate.
or
Gardevoir *modest/timid
@leftovers/wide lens
+trace
-wish
-Hypnosis/W-o-W/T-wave/T-bolt/Shadow ball
-Hypnosis/W-o-W/T-wave
-psychic
Just a little different than the first, except with either a second status move or a special attack.

Good luck with the Gardevoir!

Any good Poliwrath movesets

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
Rate my sceptile. i think this is a good moveset.

Sceptile level 37

Drain punch
Energy Ball
leaf blade
quick attack.

Okay, you could use a bit of help here:

#1 rule of teams, you almost never need two attacking moves of the same type, especially when they are as similar as Energy Ball and Leaf Blade.

Look at it's stats, if it has higher Attack, go with leaf blade, otherwise, stick to energy ball.

As for the other moves:
It looks like you are leaning toward physical moves, so here's a few good physical moves that you may want to try out:

Leaf Blade (If you are using physical moves, this is the epitome of grass attacks)
Dragon Claw (really only good vs. dragons though)
Earthquake (hits most anything for good damage)
Iron Tail (another pretty good move, hits super effective against ice)
Rock Slide (This covers all your weaknesses except poison, which earthquake would hit super effectively).

Otherwise if you are leaning toward special:
Energy Ball (A must)
Dragon Pulse (Just like Dragon Claw)
Focus Blast (Bad accuracy, but great damage)
Hidden Power (Find out what type it is, Fire, Ice and Rock work best, although getting anything other than grass, dragon and fighting is nice)

Unfortunately, Sceptile's Special movepool is limited in this game. You can take out one of the above moves for a support move like toxic, swagger, or protect depending on what fits your style.

Just remember that Sceptile should be able to outrun almost everything near its level in-game, so it will get at least one hit in on its opponent. Unfortunately, if you are confronted with a fire or flying type, you would probably be better off swapping something else to combat it better.

Willow

Homework Avoider
What would be a good nature and set for Giratina? Should it go phys (STABs plus earthquake), special (STABs plus tbolt), or something more defensive? I'm not actually going to battle with it, but I'm trading it to my bro, so i have to A- catch it with a good nature. and B- teach it a couple moves

Also, my empoleon is modest, knows brine, ice beam, and grass knot, with EV's split between spAtk and spDef... What can I add to this to make it non-suck? (obviously I need a 3rd move haha)

-Totodile-

GOTCHA!
I caught a Shiny Registeel and it has a Careful nature. I was looking at the Careful movesets for Registeel on Smogon and they both need either Ice Punch or Thunderpunch.

I can easily get these moves in Emerald, but I was wondering if there's any other movesets without the Punches I can use for my Careful Registeel.

Delcatty moveset?

Delcatty (Jolly Nature) @Leftovers
~Ability: Cute Charm~
-Body Slam/Fake Out
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Wish/Calm Mind/Charge Beam

Um... she's a passer. Her offenses aren't great. :/ Body Slam is there to get a chance for paralysis, as well as some STAB. You can pass on a Substitute to a team mate, heal the team with Wish, or pass Sp.Attack/Sp.Defense boosts. Nothing much else to say...

Status
Not open for further replies.