• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
How do you do that? Is it with Ditto + Everstone?

Dang...If I knew that before...I would have done it before I used my last Shiny Stone >_<
I think I got one in Diamond.

This page details how IVs are determined for a baby Pokemon. Ditto + Everstone aids with passing on natures, but passing on IVs is slightly more complicated and slightly based more on luck. In fact, the whole breeding guide is worth reading if you want to know more about the process and techniques to getting a Pokemon with great IVs.

tombux

Torterra @ Leftovers / Yellow Scarf
Impish Nature (+Def, -Sp. Atk)
~ Synthesis
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge
~ Seed Bomb

Battle: Impish nature is great to withstand physical hits better. Leftovers also lets you stay alive longer. Synthesis for efficient healing, and Earthquake and Stone Edge for pretty good type coverage and strong damage. Seed Bomb is the Grass-type move of choice here for its consistent power, accuracy, and notable lack of recoil.

Contest: Impish nature means that it likes Yellow Poffins best, and is thus best suited for Tough contests. Earthquake is a good move if you go last, while Stone Edge works pretty well no matter when you go. Synthesis is Smart, but is a nice utility move to have, say, if a judge has four voltage stars. Seed Bomb is also Smart but is good for consistent hearts without any quirks. You could use Careful nature instead of Impish so that you do better in Smart contests, but in my opinion Impish is the way to go, as it's also more useful in battle.

lol this funny because he is impish and hase most of the moves

Shadow Zach X

This page details how IVs are determined for a baby Pokemon. Ditto + Everstone aids with passing on natures, but passing on IVs is slightly more complicated and slightly based more on luck. In fact, the whole breeding guide is worth reading if you want to know more about the process and techniques to getting a Pokemon with great IVs.

Thanks. Wow it looks really interesting! :surfpika:

Grei

not the color
Does anyone have the ideal moveset for a hardy Lucario? How about the ideal moveset for a mild Lucario?

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Does anyone have the ideal moveset for a hardy Lucario? How about the ideal moveset for a mild Lucario?

Mild > Hardy.

Ideally you would have Close Combat/Stone Edge/Dark Pulse/Hidden Power [Ice] holding Choice Scarf. Dragon Pulse is inferior to HP Ice but still lets you hit Salamence and other Dragons.

Ideally you might also use Agility, but since that is an egg move and since you mentioned specific natures (leading me to believe that this Lucario is already bred), I doubt you can get it.

You could always just use Choice Specs as well, since Mild roughly serves the same purpose as Modest (the standard) does - raising Special Attack. Aura Sphere/Dark Pulse/Dragon Pulse/Psychic would be the set here. Vacuum Wave is nice, but again is an egg move, so....

Marcos_PokemonTrainer

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Bold (+Def -Atk)
Chlorophyll

Sleep Powder
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Ancient Power / Hidden Power [Fight]

MMX

Reploid Trainer
Dragonite [inner focus]
Adamant @yache berry
EV: 252Atk/252Spd
-DDance
-Outrage
-Waterfall
-Thunderpunch

waterfall for hippowdon, ttar, and steels. thunderpunch for bulky waters carrying icebeam. outrage for everything else. doesn't pack the biggest power, and i'm aware of smogon's movesets, but i made it before i knew of smogon. works well in the BT, what do you guys think?

arceus03

dpmfa332.png

Cacturne, Hasty (+Speed, -Def)
Item: Life Orb?
-Energy Ball
-Dark Pulse
-Superpower
-ThunderPunch
Random one, really. Get an Agility pass from Ambipom (or anyone) then sweep.

Rad3n

Banned
or you make use of sucker punch and seed bomb with a +Atk nature and all evs in Atk.

arceus03

Hmm, yeah. I was just thinking that it would be a shame to waste his good SAtk, so I opted for a mixed Cacturne =D

Rad3n

Banned
The element of surprise is always nice but ultimately, a Choice Specs Blissey is never going to be as good as a Wish Bliss.

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
Does anyone haves an moveset for my Adamant Rotom I was thinking something like this:

Rotom @ (life Orb maybe?)
Adamant Nature (+Atk -SAtk)

Discharge? Return?
Subsitute? Charge?

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
I'm assuming that this is normal form?

Rotom@Choice Scarf
Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
Trait: Levitate
252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP

Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Trick
HP Ice

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
I'm assuming that this is normal form?

Rotom@Choice Scarf
Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
Trait: Levitate
252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Speed/ 6 HP

Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Trick
HP Ice

Thx but I wanted to know a moveset that was fitting by (Normal) Rotom with Adamant Nature, but I also can breed a new one but I want to use my first Rotom;)

Scizor9306

hey
so i am going to ev train a mioltic and just have a couple of questions.

can i ev train all of this ev's in sp. def?
will he earn the ev points if he has an ex. share?
if i use rest on him, then the berry activates so he wakes up, will his def. increase by 1.5?

i was thinking
i have no idea what trait he should be
ice beam
dragon pulse
surf
attract/aqua ring

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
Thx but I wanted to know a moveset that was fitting by (Normal) Rotom with Adamant Nature, but I also can breed a new one but I want to use my first Rotom;)

Yeah well Adamant is THE worst nature for Rotom. It lowers his best stat, Special Attack, and it raises his worst stat, Attack. Not to mention, Rotom gets NO physical Ghost-type moves bar Astonish and Natural Gift, which are jokes anyways. If I remember correctly, it doesn't get any physical Electric-type moves either. I understand the sentimentality that comes with that first Rotom, but let's be honest: the nature sucks and if you want to maximize Rotom's potential, you are better off breeding for a Modest one.

That said, you can also use Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave, Charge Beam, Reflect, Light Screen, or Signal Beam (if you have access to Platinum) over Hidden Power [Ice] on randomn00b's set since breeding for Hidden Power ingame is a pain.

hey

can i ev train all of this ev's in sp. def?
will he earn the ev points if he has an ex. share?
if i use rest on him, then the berry activates so he wakes up, will his def. increase by 1.5?

i was thinking
ice beam
dragon pulse
surf
attract/aqua ring

Milotic @ Leftovers
EV's: 252 HP / 152 Def / 100 Sp. Atk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Marvel Scale
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Dragon Pulse / Toxic
~ Recover

Yes, he will get experience points if he holds the Exp. Share. No; Milotic's Defense is only raised when it has the status condition, so if it wakes up, it will lose the Defense boost. The set shown is probably best for ingame, allowing you to hurt a wide range of types (Dragon Pulse and Toxic let you hit Water-types) while healing off damage with Recover. For a sturdier Milotic that takes advantage of Marvel Scale though, you should use Rest and Sleep Talk in the last two moveslots. Modest and Calm natures are also acceptable here, but Bold is best. Modest is nice simply because it's easier to evolve Feebas into Milotic if it likes Blue Poffins (Pokemon with a +Sp. Atk nature like Blue Poffins), but again, Bold is best.

Last edited:

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
hey

can i ev train all of this ev's in sp. def?No, but you can put about half of the EVs into Special Defense
will he earn the ev points if he has an ex. share?Yes
if i use rest on him, then the berry activates so he wakes up, will his def. increase by 1.5?No, because the status is nonexistant at that point.

i was thinking
ice beam
dragon pulse
surf
attract/aqua ring

Milotic@Leftovers
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Marvel Scale
252 HP, 220 Def, 36 Sp. Atk

Rest
Sleep Talk
Surf
Ice Beam

Feel free to mess around with the EVs.

ThomBom(Pearl Fan)

Pro Pizza Eater
@ Icosahedron
ok all I can do then is breed ;)
and btw I have acces to Platinum actually it is my Platinum Rotom so,
could anybody give me a good Platinum Rotom (modest Nature)

arceus03

Signal Beam, albeit less useful, can be a good option if you don't want to breed for HP/ aren't willing to lose you Choice Scarf if you accidentally Tricked it outside the BT.

But then, the other Rotoms can do pretty well too, having access to Overheat, Hydro Pump and Leaf Storm. Also usable as tanks.

Low HP though =\

Status
Not open for further replies.