• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovle

<-- Aint it awzum ?
Hello. Whats a good set for a Dusknoir?

I can't re-breed it for egg moves, but it's in Platinum, so it can learn Move Tutor moves.

CheapChap

DIDDY DONUTS!
Try this if you don't want to re-breed.

Dusknoir (Impish) @Leftovers
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Brick Break
-Any Elemental Punch

Since you don't want to re-breed for Pain Split, Rest is your best recovery move. Add Sleep Talk and you have a status absover / Sleep Talker. Brick Break to take care of steels and Tyranitar / Weavile. Elemental Punches for coverage ( choose the one you think that helps you more).

ON TOPIC:

Hey guys, is this Gardevoir any good?

Gardevoir ( Timid )@Leftovers ( I was trying to get a Modest one, but this one had awesome IV's.)
252 HP / 80 Sp. Atk / 176 Sp. Def
-Will-O-Wisp
-Wish
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball / Focus Blast

I'm inclined to use Shadow Ball because gets some needed coverage for me, but I'm not sure. Help with the EV spread is also appreciated ^_^

EDIT: I forgot to ask, could you guys take a look at this Gallade as well:

Gallade ( Adamant )@Life Orb
-252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Psycho Cut
-Close Combat
-Night Slash
-Swords Dance / Will-O-Wisp

Don't know which move for the last slot. Swords Dance is very handy sometimes, but a status move is also nice. So, could you give me your opinions? Thanks.

Last edited:
How about this:

;154;@Leftovers
Energy Ball
Earthquake
AncientPower
Synthesis/Aromatherapy

Ancient Power is a very bad move on that set. Reflect / Light Screen / whatever you didn't use in the 4th slot are also options.

Hey guys, is this Gardevoir any good?

Gardevoir ( Timid )@Leftovers ( I was trying to get a Modest one, but this one had awesome IV's.)
252 HP / 80 Sp. Atk / 176 Sp. Def
-Will-O-Wisp
-Wish
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball / Focus Blast

I'm inclined to use Shadow Ball because gets some needed coverage for me, but I'm not sure. Help with the EV spread is also appreciated ^_^

EDIT: I forgot to ask, could you guys take a look at this Gallade as well:

Gallade ( Adamant )@Life Orb
-252 Atk / 252 Spd
-Psycho Cut
-Close Combat
-Night Slash
-Swords Dance / Will-O-Wisp

Don't know which move for the last slot. Swords Dance is very handy sometimes, but a status move is also nice. So, could you give me your opinions? Thanks.

I don't quite understand what exactly you're trying to accomplish with that Gardevoir set. Stalling? Burn Support? Please be a little clearer.

I would just suggest using Swords Dance, because otherwise Gallade would just be a Sweeper with a random Status move thrown onto it. If you do use Swords Dance, use Ice Punch over Night Slash. Psycho Cut isn't a must on that set, by the way. Stone Edge is an option, as is the removed Night Slash. However, Choice Band Gallade is also a force to be reckoned with.

Gallade @ Choice Band
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Close Combat
~ Ice Punch
~ Psycho Cut
~ Night Slash / X-Scissor / Shadow Sneak

If you can't get Ice Punch, just use something from the fourth slot.

Last edited:

CheapChap

DIDDY DONUTS!
^Yeah, I can't get Ice Punch. And I already have a choice banded pokemon on my team =/. Night Slash + Close Combat gets pretty good coverage and Psycho Cut is an alternative STAB. I was considering WoW because, unlike some other physical sweepers, Gallade has some "bulk" and can cripple opposing physical threats with status moves. But I'm ok with Swords Dance.

Gardevoir set is for Support. Wish pass to my pokemons ( and is Gardevoir form of healing ) and WoW the physical attackers, which are a threat to Gardevoir ( special sweepers not that much, since she has a huge SDef stat). The attacks are there so she can defend herself. And before anyone says, I'm not using her on an offensive role. So, don't suggest Specs or stuff like that. Thanks :D

Last edited:

Red1062

So Cool
Ok having a problem with EV training. Can someone please tell me how much the EV items add? Do they add +4 or +5 to the stat? And would the pokerus boost come after the item? like this Gastly 1 Sp.Attack EV +4/5 * 2 or 1 Sp.Attack EV *2 +4/5? Please need help.

If this isn't the right thread I'm sorry but someone please help me. I've EV trained my Chimchar about 7 times and each time the woman tells me that he needs to work harder. I know I'm counting correctly I just don't know the exact amount of EVs he should be getting. So someone please help me.

lalala_machine

Can someone recommend what to do with a Rash Oddish with no egg moves? I know it's not the best nature, but it hatched shiny, so by God, I'm using it. I'd like to evolve it into a Bellossom and use it as a statuser, but I don't know what the EVs and other moves should be.

Well, if you're wanting a status Bellossom...

Bellossom (Rash Nature, since that's what you have) @Leftovers
-Energy Ball/Leaf Storm
-Stun Spore
-Sleep Powder
-Sludge Bomb

I listed Sludge Bomb as another means of offense. You could put a support move like Safeguard instead... but Sludge Bomb could be more useful to hit more foes.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Is this a good set for the Battle Tower? This is my new awesome lead, but wanted some critism:

Togekiss @ Modest
Serene Grace @ Quick Claw (to pull off a Thunderwave)
252 SpA/252 SpD/6 HP
~Thunderwave
~Nasty Plot
~Air Slash
~Aura Sphere

I'm not exactly sure on the EV's, as I got it in a trade, but I will post them later...

glink0

I need some help with a platinum leafeon
so far i have
Leafeon - Jolly / Adamant @Life Orb
252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 HP
no idea for moveset
i would say leaf blade but i need an alternative for a good move before level 71
so any moveset and other help would be nice

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
^I don't really know much about Leafeon, so sorry I cant help^

Which is a better option as an Ice attack on a Weavile for Battle Tower, and maybe WiFi:

Weavile @ Jolly
Focus Sash @ Pressure
252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
~Ice Punch/Ice Shard
~Night Slash
~Brick Break
~Swords Dance

Focus Sash is there because I Swords Dance the first turn, and they (in Battle Tower) tend to attack. I survive, outspeed them, and KO them with Ice Punch or Night Slash.

What is the best Eeveelution for a Shiny Calm Eevee? I can't get egg moves, or change nature, but I can get Platinum move tutors.

Last edited:

glink0

i also need counseling on my Gligar
Gligar - Adamant @leftovers?
1.Aqua Tail
2.Poison Jab
3.Earthquake
4. X-Scissor

Sapphiredragon929

A r t i f i c e.
GLISCOR, evolve it as soon as you can because Gliscor kills.

Swords Dance
Roost
EQ (Quake)
Stone Edge.

This makes it an all-around player, healing and raising it's stats then sweeping.

^Yeah, I can't get Ice Punch. And I already have a choice banded pokemon on my team =/. Night Slash + Close Combat gets pretty good coverage and Psycho Cut is an alternative STAB. I was considering WoW because, unlike some other physical sweepers, Gallade has some "bulk" and can cripple opposing physical threats with status moves. But I'm ok with Swords Dance.

Gardevoir set is for Support. Wish pass to my pokemons ( and is Gardevoir form of healing ) and WoW the physical attackers, which are a threat to Gardevoir ( special sweepers not that much, since she has a huge SDef stat). The attacks are there so she can defend herself. And before anyone says, I'm not using her on an offensive role. So, don't suggest Specs or stuff like that. Thanks :D

I still wouldn't suggest WoW unless it's running a dedicated Status set. I know that Night Slash and Close Combat get good coverage, but if you could get Ice Punch, then you would get wider Super Effective coverage. But you can't, so it doesn't matter.

If she's going for Support, then that set is fine. Changing the last slot to another Status move could work, or using Protect

doku888

Where am I?
I'm Training a Delcatty, right now it's level 17, but I'm keeping the following:

Female
Adamant Nature
Cute Charm

Strength
Zan-headbutt
Sucker Punch
Attract

It has hp ev's, attack ev's, and speed ev's so far.

I'm Training a Delcatty, right now it's level 17, but I'm keeping the following:

Female
Adamant Nature
Cute Charm

Strength
Zan-headbutt
Sucker Punch
Attract

It has hp ev's, attack ev's, and speed ev's so far.

Delcatty is, to be frank, a horrible Pokemon. If you still want to use it, any of these three sets are viable:

Delcatty @ Leftovers
Jolly
Trait: Cute Charm
172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
~ Body Slam / Fake Out / Sing
~ Substitute / Protect
~ Calm Mind / Charge Beam / Wish
~ Baton Pass

Delcatty @ Leftovers
Jolly
Trait: Normalize
172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
~ Thunder Wave
~ Sing
~ Heal Bell / Baton Pass / Wish
~ Return / Double-Edge / Fake Out / Sucker Punch

Delcatty @ Salac Berry
Jolly
Trait: Cute Charm
12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Assist
~ Substitute
~ Return / Body Slam
~ Payback / Faint Attack / Sucker Punch

Pika-Freaka

Does any one have any good ideas for a Magnezone.

Also, I need a sixth member on my team which includes: Milotic, Dusknior, Alakazam, Magnezone, Rhyperior. If you are interested in helping me, look at my thread called "My competitive diamond team". Thanks

Pika-Freaka

Does any one have any good ideas for a Magnezone.

Also, I need a sixth member on my team which includes: Milotic, Dusknior, Alakazam, Magnezone, Rhyperior. If you are interested in helping me, look at my thread called "My competitive diamond team". Thanks

Pika-Freaka

Asking for us to pick Team Member(s) for you is against the rules, especially in the In-Game Single Rates thread.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Modest
172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Magnet Rise
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Naive / Timid
6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
~ Flash Cannon
~ Explosion / Signal Beam

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Modest / Timid
172 Atk / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Grass / Hidden Power Ice
~ Flash Cannon
~ Explosion

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Mild
88 HP / 88 Atk / 248 SpA / 84 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Flash Cannon / Magnet Rise
~ Explosion / Metal Sound

If you can't get the desired Hidden Power, just use Flash Cannon or Signal Beam, whichever one isn't already being used. You could also use Thunder Wave on non-Choice sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.