• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapChap

DIDDY DONUTS!
^Sandstorm only lowers the accuracy if you attack some pokemon who has Sand Veil as it's ability. And actually, Hyper Cutter is better for sweeping Gliscor ( unless he has Sandstorm support, which you don't seem to have), since you don't want your attack do be lowered.

And yeah, Starmie would make a good adition to your team. Try something like this

Starmie ( Modest / Timid ) Life Orb / Wise Glasses / Choice Specs ( yeah, tons of options )
Ability: Natural Cure
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot / Psychic

Recover could go on the last slot if you're using Life Orb.

Is this Umbreon any good? (main question is if the EVs are ok)

Umbreon@Lefties
Impish
252 HP/ 204 Def/ 52 SpDef
-Wish
-Protect
-Toxic
-Payback/???

Black Metal: That Umbreon set is fine. You could also consider...

Umbreon (Impish/Careful Nature) @Leftovers
-Payback
-Toxic/Baton Pass
-Curse
-Wish

Or if you have access to Platinum, a Taunt + Sucker Punch combo could work too. Your set looks fine, though.

lakeofthedevil:

Charizard (Timid/Modest Nature) @Choice Specs
-Flamethrower
-Air Slash
-Focus Blast
-Dragon Pulse

Sp.Attacker

Charizard (Hasty/Naive Nature) @Life Orb
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-EQ/Thunder Punch
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Punch/Brick Break

Mixed.

Charizard (Adamant/Jolly Nature) @Muscle Band
-Fire Punch
-EQ
-Swords Dance
-Rock Slide/Thunder Punch

or

Charizard (Adamant/Jolly Nature) @Salac Berry
-Fire Punch
-EQ
-Belly Drum
-Substitute/Endure

This is more of a Battle Tower/Frontier set, as it uses a pinch berry.

Lord Argentine

A sadist's wymsy.
So I've got this Togekiss in my Platinum, and its really good in the Battle Frontier, so I was wondering if I should breed a better one or if this one is good enough.
Togekiss lv.100
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: Jaboca Berry
Nature:Quiet, Somewhat vain
Air Slash
Thunder Wave
Roost
Aura Sphere
Stats:
ATK 199
DEF 289
SPA 372
SPD 329
SPE 233

I don't really do the EV training thing but I gave you the stats so you could make a fair judgment. If have any ideas on breeding or movesets just say it I'm not that sensitive about my Togekiss, if it sucks say it please!

Lord Argentine

A sadist's wymsy.
Is this Umbreon any good? (main question is if the EVs are ok)

Umbreon@Lefties
Impish
252 HP/ 204 Def/ 52 SpDef
-Wish
-Protect
-Toxic
-Payback/???

Well I'd suggest instead of wish and Protect: Confuse Ray, Moonlight.
And Get rid of Payback For a more powerful physical move that effects any and everything cause it you get caught with one attack move that doesn't effect a certain type, well it speacks for it self.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
with Umbreon's Speed, Payback would almost always have 100 Base Power, making it the most powerful Physical move it can learn.

And nothing is immune to Dark, resist yes, but not immune.
Also, do not double post. Edit button exist for a reason.

Lord Argentine

A sadist's wymsy.
Well its just my opinion. But a move like Giga Impact will do the job nicely as well as Iron Tail.And I'll post TWO seperate posts for TWO seperate ideas all I wish, now do you have any advice for my Togekiss?

Last edited:

Redblood012

Gray Trainer
is there any good moveset for a vigaroth, i know that slaking is powerful but i want to train a vigaroth as he's my favorite pokemon

Lord Argentine

A sadist's wymsy.
is there any good moveset for a vigaroth, i know that slaking is powerful but i want to train a vigaroth as he's my favorite pokemon

Well breed your Slakoth so it learns Hammer Arm, and then use TM65 for Shadow Claw, and Slakoth learns Slack Off at lv13, and After its evolved at level 37 teach it Counter, and if you have one give it a Rowap Berry, cause its sp.defense is crap. ;288;

So I've got this Togekiss in my Platinum, and its really good in the Battle Frontier, so I was wondering if I should breed a better one or if this one is good enough.
Togekiss lv.100
Ability: Serene Grace
Item: Jaboca Berry
Nature:Quiet, Somewhat vain
Air Slash
Thunder Wave
Roost
Aura Sphere
Stats:
ATK 199
DEF 289
SPA 372
SPD 329
SPE 233

I don't really do the EV training thing but I gave you the stats so you could make a fair judgment. If have any ideas on breeding or movesets just say it I'm not that sensitive about my Togekiss, if it sucks say it please!
The set is fine. If you did want to rebreed, a Calm Nature would be better. You don't really want a -Speed with the Thunder Wave set. Calm is better anyway because it makes her more defensive rather than offensive.

However, you could go for an offensive Togekiss this time.

Togekiss (Modest Nature) @Leftovers/Wise Glasses/Lum Berry
~Trait: Serene Grace~
-Air Slash
-Aura Sphere
-Roost/Wish
-Nasty Plot

Another Thunder Wave set like you already have is fine, though.

Lord Argentine said:
Well its just my opinion. But a move like Giga Impact will do the job nicely as well as Iron Tail.And
Giga Impact should never be used on ANYTHING. It's totally pointless, because you have to recharge one turn. You can't even switch out. Your Pokemon is completely left open to retaliation. Umbreon is not an offensive Pokemon anyway. Iron Tail wouldn't accomplish anything on her set. Generally, Steel isn't the best offensive type anyway. Just stick to defensive moves for Umbreon.

Mime Senior said:
What's a good moveset for a ;073; , ;270; and ;210; ?
The Lotad will be unevolved so it'll hold an Everstone.

Tentacruel (Calm Nature) @Leftovers/Black Sludge
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb
-Toxic Spikes

Granbull (Adamant Nature) @Leftovers/Lum Berry
~Trait: Intimidate~
-Return/Body Slam
-Crunch
-EQ
-Bulk Up

Lotad (Modest Nature) @Wet Rock
~Trait: Swift Swim~
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Energy Ball
-Ice Beam

I guess. Rain Dance and then try to hit something.

Redblood012 said:

Vigoroth (Adamant/Jolly Nature) @Choice Band
-Return
-Night Slash
-EQ
-Ice Punch/Fire Punch

CheapChap

DIDDY DONUTS!
Hey there guys! Could you tell me if this MixMence would work?

Salamence ( Mild )@ Life Orb
84Atk / 216 Satk / 208 Speed ( Yeah, smogon spread, but I'm REALLY open to suggestions if you have any. Just doesn't suggest something absurd please).
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Hydro Pump

btw, I can't get Platinum movesets, so no Outrage and stuff like that. Thank you in advance :D

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
^Not really sure about EV spread^

Please rate these:

Staraptor @ Adamant
Intimidate @ Life Orb
252 Attack/200 Speed/56 HP
~Return
~Aerial Ace/Brave Bird
~Close Combat
~Agility

Forretress @ Relaxed
Sturdy @ Leftovers
252 HP/200 Def/56 Att
~Gyro Ball/Earthquake
~Rapid Spin
~Spikes/Toxic Spikes
~Stealth Rock

Need a little help with Forretress' EV spread, and Staraptor too.

Hey there guys! Could you tell me if this MixMence would work?

Salamence ( Mild )@ Life Orb
84Atk / 216 Satk / 208 Speed ( Yeah, smogon spread, but I'm REALLY open to suggestions if you have any. Just doesn't suggest something absurd please).
-Draco Meteor
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast
-Hydro Pump

btw, I can't get Platinum movesets, so no Outrage and stuff like that. Thank you in advance :D

Hydro Pump unfortunatly does very little on that set. Hydro Pump will cover Grounds, Rocks, and Fires. Rocks and Fires are killed by EQ and most Grounds have low Special Defense and will die to Draco Meteor. Really, I'm inclined just to say use Roost over Hydro Pump, as I've used that set numerous times before on Shoddy and Netbattle to great success. If you don't want to do that, nothing really sticks out as a good suggestion to me right now.

^Not really sure about EV spread^

Please rate these:

Staraptor @ Adamant
Intimidate @ Life Orb
252 Attack/200 Speed/56 HP
~Return
~Aerial Ace/Brave Bird
~Close Combat
~Agility

Forretress @ Relaxed
Sturdy @ Leftovers
252 HP/200 Def/56 Att
~Gyro Ball/Earthquake
~Rapid Spin
~Spikes/Toxic Spikes
~Stealth Rock

Need a little help with Forretress' EV spread, and Staraptor too.

Staraptor dies to easily to use Agility, even with Intimidate. It is a bit outclassed by Zapdos in that case. If you wish to use Staraptor, I would say use Choice Band for outright sweeping, or Scarf for Revenge Killing. For that purpose, Double Edge should go over Return, Brave Bird should become your first choice. Endeavor / Quick Attack on Choice Band might work, or U-Turn on either Choice Item for replacing Agility.

That Forretress is fine.

CheapChap

DIDDY DONUTS!
^Yeah, I considered Roost, but his defenses had no-so-good IV's ( and I cannot obtain another Roost TM, since I don't have Wifi ), so that´s why I put Hydro Pump there. I was thinking about Dragon Claw, for a STABed physical option, but I don't know. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
^Yeah, I considered Roost, but his defenses had no-so-good IV's ( and I cannot obtain another Roost TM, since I don't have Wifi ), so that´s why I put Hydro Pump there. I was thinking about Dragon Claw, for a STABed physical option, but I don't know. Any other suggestions?

You could try the Classic MixMence and use Brick Break and Crunch. Dragon Claw could work, however it would require a large EV Investment to really be any useful, and that would take power away from Draco Meteor and Earthquake. The only other option I can think of is Thunder Fang or Ice Fang, which have underwhelming power and generally don't work very well.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

arigatou

Tyranitar....

Uh... can someone msg me this... if my tyranitar has:
Lonely nature
-Ice Punch
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance
*i dont know how the evs really worked so i just trained on pokemon that gave speed and attack*
the Stats are:
Attack: 388
Def:212
Sp atack:224
Sp Def:209
Spd:194
And this is in platinum version.
If I didnt do something right on this thread then pliz let me off with a warning, i dont really get what the first post wanted

Also... Is there any item that can help tyranitar against fighting types? items other than focus sash... and other than the ninjask baton trick... and also whats the difference between post reply and post quick reply?

There are Berries that help Weaken SE attacks, but I don't remember the name of the one that weakens Fighting moves.

And the difference between Post Reply and Post Quick Reply is that Post Reply will let you set a title for your post, Bold, Italizise, Underline, etc Text, add smilies, and will auto-quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.