• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyhaj

;157; - Typhlosion
Modest nature
~ Eruption
~ Flamethrower
~ Extrasensory
~ ???

Eruption when HP is high, Flamethrower when low...Extrasensory for coverage...Not sure about the last one, but the most "reasonable" I've come up with is Focus Blast...

Since it's In-game, I don't want something to use for competitive...No power-up moves!

Ksi

Multi-Type Trainer
^ If no power-up moves, then give him Rock Slide, Dig, or ThunderPunch. Rock Slide can help with Flying and Bugs, Dig for Poison, Steel, Rock, and it's other SEs, or ThunderPunch to handle Fliers and Water types. Your choice really.

I am going for something unorthodox...VERY unorthodox.

;057; - Primeape
Modest Nature
~Vacuum Wave
~Thunderbolt/ Attract/ Endeavor/ Toxic
~HP Dark
~Swagger/ Captivate/ Bulk Up/ Fire Punch

Meet the Speci(al Prime)ape. If used in Competitive, it would be very advisable to have a Pokemon that has Calm Mind or Nasty Plot on it to BP a few stages to him. Also have someone whom can give some Def boosts too. Given appropriate set-up. Two Nasty Plots and an Agility will do him just fine. Once that is done, this Primeape can likely special sweep Tyranitar and Scizor. Given Thunderbolt, he can sweep Gyrados. Attract can deter some enemies in combination with Swagger. Endeavor could set-up for RK by the next Pokemon. If given Toxic, it would be used as a 'Last Stand' move in combination with Custap Berry. HP Dark should be obvious.

I am going for something unorthodox...VERY unorthodox.

;057; - Primeape
Modest Nature
~Vacuum Wave
~Thunderbolt
~HP Dark
~Overheat

Meet the Speci(al Prime)ape. If used in Competitive, it would be very advisable to have a Pokemon that has Calm Mind or Nasty Plot on it to BP a few stages to him. Also have someone whom can give some Def boosts too. Given appropriate set-up. Two Nasty Plots and an Agility will do him just fine. Once that is done, this Primeape can likely special sweep Tyranitar and Scizor. Given Thunderbolt, he can sweep Gyrados. Attract can deter some enemies in combination with Swagger. Attract is not something to be relied on, and besides, it won't work if your opponent's Pokemon is the same gender. Endeavor could set-up for RK by the next Pokemon. If given Toxic, it would be used as a 'Last Stand' move in combination with Custap Berry. HP Dark should be obvious.
There's no point for having Bulk Up if you're not going to teach her any physical moves.

This is a pretty interesting set. Unfortunately, even though you're trying to be different, you have to be practical here. Primeape has a base Sp.Attack of 60. That's not very high. I know you're suggesting Baton Passing boosts to her... but that might take too long to use. She's not a very bulky Pokemon anyway, so you would have to be very careful of taking damage after you switch in. If you wanted a Sp.Attacking Fighting Pokemon, Infernape is a much better choice. Even Blaziken. Even Toxicroak, who can use Nasty Plot on itself.

Ksi

Multi-Type Trainer
^ Actually, there is a point to teaching Bulk Up...The Defense Boost. I even have a BP Partner for it.

Also. Overheat is impractical because of the Base Stat. It would be better to give it something that can hurt the Opponent's defenses or offensive stats severely.

Here is the BP Partner for Primeape #1.

Ambipom @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Agility
-BP
-Taunt.

Taunt can take counter SR set-up and Counter-Taunt a Taunter.

Also, base 60 Stat is better than you're giving it credit for. It's special stat still reaches over 200 with a Positive Nature and a bit of EV training. So if you focus on Sp.A, HP, Defenses and a little speed, this Primeape can special sweep the Top Six of the OU tier with a bit of help from Ambipom. Taunt to keep SR away and keep them from Taunting Ambipom, EVs are allocated to HP, Defenses, and Speed for maximum durability. Focus Sash can be replaced by Leftovers if I wanted to. It takes about 2 Nasty Plots for Primeape to potentially sweep Scizor of all kinds if it comes in from a KO and even then just giving him two Nasty Plots makes him almost unstoppable attack-wise , and because 'ape's Speed is potentially higher than Scizor's, his Vacuum Wave can outrun Bullet Punch and potentially KO him. Once you give him one Agility, nothing short of a Neutral or Positive natured Aerodactyl (Speed Tier 0) specializing in Speed can outrun Primeape. Meaning he has the potential to OHKO all or most of the six of the OU Top Six.

Primeape deserves better than NU. Its the narrow-minded thinking it's stats bring that keeps it from being used for other roles, and thusly throwing the opponent off balance, which would be done enough by USING Primeape.

Last edited:
I'm working on a battle tower team. I'm planning on leading with dragonite. So far I have something like this:

Dragonite (Careful) @ Leftovers
Thunder Wave
Light Screen/Heal Bell
Roost/Flash/Dragon Claw
Roost/Flash/Dragon Claw

dhunter

Okay, so i need help with my Charizards Move Set

Charizard@ Wise Glasses

Flamethrower
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Focus Blast

It's Platinum In-game Charizard, he has high SPAtk. Thanks

I'm working on a battle tower team. I'm planning on leading with dragonite. So far I have something like this:

Dragonite (Careful) @ Leftovers
Thunder Wave
Light Screen/Heal Bell
Roost/Flash/Dragon Claw
Roost/Flash/Dragon Claw

You'll want at least one damaging move, so Dragon Claw is good. You'll definitely want Roost too, as she's supposed to be bulky and survive.

I would honestly find Light Screen slightly more helpful, especially if your team can't really handle Sp.attacks. However, if you're more worried about status... like Toxic from other foes, then Heal Bell is fine.

Okay, so i need help with my Charizards Move Set

Charizard@ Wise Glasses

Flamethrower
Sunny Day
Solarbeam
Focus Blast

It's Platinum In-game Charizard, he has high SPAtk. Thanks

It depends on your team, really. Sunny Day only works the best if the rest of your team can benefit from the sunlight. If not, go with something else.

Charizard (Modest/Timid Nature) @Choice Specs
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Air Slash
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast

dhunter

It depends on your team, really. Sunny Day only works the best if the rest of your team can benefit from the sunlight. If not, go with something else.

Charizard (Modest/Timid Nature) @Choice Specs
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Air Slash
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast

Sunny Day and Solarbeam are for Water and rock pokes, I'm thinking replace Focus Blast for Earthq for electric pokes what do you think?

Sunny Day and Solarbeam are for Water and rock pokes, I'm thinking replace Focus Blast for Earthq for electric pokes what do you think?

I understand that Sunny Day/Solar Beam can work, but you have to consider the rest of your team. Sunny Day makes Fire moves stronger and Water moves weaker. If you have any Water Pokemon on your team while Charizard is using Sunny Day, then your Pokemon's Water moves are weakened. Also, any Grass types without Chlorophyll are more at risk for taking stronger Fire moves. Same goes with Steel and Ice Pokemon. You have to be careful with weather moves.

On the Charizard set you currently have, keep Focus Blast.

If you do want to run EQ, us a mixed Charizard set.

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
Jirachi@Expert Belt
HaSTY
252 Atk 40 SpAtk 216 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Iron Head
-Ice Punch
-???

This will go to my competitive team later. I can't decide on the last move. And please, no SR. This will NOT be a lead.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
^ Fire Punch on the last moveslot, otherwise Steels will completely wall you.

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
^ Fire Punch on the last moveslot, otherwise Steels will completely wall you.

This is kind of semi-competitive. I was trying to pick between U-Turn to escape or Fire Punch and get walled by Heatran. Thanks for the advice.

whats a good moveset for a calm natured golduck?
You could go with an offensive/support set, since Calm isn't a bad Nature for Golduck. You're missing out with the Speed boost that Timid could give a sweeper, but Golduck's stats are overall pretty even, so Calm isn't that bad.

Golduck (Calm Nature) @Leftovers
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Calm Mind
-Hypnosis/Toxic

Would this work for the Battle Hall?

Charizard@Wise Glasses/?
Timid Nature
-Flamethrower
-Air Slash
-Focus Blast/Brick Break
-Dragon Pulse
I feel that if you're wanting to run Brick Break here, you might as well go for a mixed set. Otherwise, a Sp.Attacking set with Focus Blast is fine. You could add the Choice Specs for a bigger boost.

knobfire

I need movesets,NOW!
Ev spreads for:

;291;Ninjask@Leftovers
Jolly
[200Atk/56HP/252Spe]
-X-Scissor
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass

Any flaws... just tell me!

Terry. T.

One and Only...
Any good bulky Gliscor sets with only 1 attacking move for a tourney>

Ruby_Kun

I need a good nature for a Meganium like this:

Meganium
-Toxic
-Synthesis
-Earthquake
-Seed Bomb

Also since I'm only going to be using it as the only Pokemon to play through the game is there any recommended EVs possibly? An item would help too.

Last edited:

[GS]

Staring at my phone
@Ruby: ^
Meganium @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252 HP/144 Def/114 Atk
*Overgrow*
~ Leech Seed
~ Substitute
~ Seed Bomb
~ Body Slam/EQ

SubSeed is a good strategy with Meganium. You
can go with Synthesis in the last slot if you really
want it. Body Slam can paralyze and Seed Bomb
is a strong STAB.

Here's on of my own:

Battle Tower Lead
426.png

Drifblim @ Choice Scarf
choice-scarf.gif

Bold Nature
252 Def/252 SpD/6 Spe
*Aftermath*
~ Trick
~ Flash
~ Memento
~ Hypnosis

EV's are just to maximize defenses since he has
decent speed. After the Trick you can sleep the
foe or just Flash away, making them useless.
Memento helps make sure your other PKMN get
a free set-up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.