• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalaka

Assassin/Trainer
Really?....How come Ev's can't go over 510?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Because that's where the game limits it. You will find that many game mechanics revolve around the numbers 128, 255, and 510 because these are important hexadecimal values or something like that. I don't know exactly how it works, or what the correct terminology or w/e is but you get the point. But that's beside the point. If you were to get too many EVs, then you could easily become overpowered and all EV Spreads would just become the same.

Last edited:

Chalaka

Assassin/Trainer
Here's a setup I thought up while playing LoZ:TP

Umbreon@Focus Sash
Bold Nature
252Def/252SpDef/6 Spe
-Baton Pass
-Swagger
-Psych Up
-Substitute

Originally I had this set up in mind with an Espeon, but I figured Umbreon is better for this due to higher defenses. Anyway, first I'd set up swagger, then sub and hope for hope that the opponent hits themself, then psych up and baton pass to an attack sweeper. So how is it? Oh please, don't go super technical because I'm still new to most terms and everything. Thx ^^

Okay there I fixed it so it now equals 510 Ev's

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ When EVing defensively, you should almost always invest in HP first, with the exception of Pokémon with exceptional HP in the first place (I would go with 150+ for that). So, you have 252 HP EVs. Now, you will want to balance your defences out to be able to take hits from both sides of the attacking spectrum unless you want to EV to survive something in particular, which I feel is unnessecary outside of competitive in most cases. So, with a Bold nature, in order to equal out your Defences you will need 152 Def / 104 SpDef. Your final spread is
252 HP / 154 Def / 104 SpDef, with a Bold Nature. However, since you know Swagger, I would recommend you just use a Physical Wall set, i.e. 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef.

Chalaka

Assassin/Trainer
Ok because I'm want to make a competitive team to play against my friends....so I'm getting help with my pokemon one at a time, then I'll see how they all work together in the end. This really helps me ^^

So am I going with the phys wall set?....or the 154Def/104SpDef?

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ I'd run Physical Wall because if you get a Physical Attacker that you need to Swagger, but you don't have adequate defences, then you're in trouble.

Chalaka

Assassin/Trainer
Ok thx so much^^

So other than the Ev's, everything else is perfect? For this set anyway

Z.I.

Just got a modest shiny Drifloon. Thinking about using it in the frontier. Could use an ev spread and feedback on moveset. Also is modest the best nature or should I SR for a different one next week?
Edit: Its hidden power type is fire, but I'm not sure on the power.

Drifblim @Leftovers
Ability: Aftermath
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Substitute
Calm Mind

Last edited:

Drifblim25

Pokemon Petter
What would be a good moveset for:
Heatran (Brave Nature)
Giratina (Careful Nature) NOT ORIGIN FORME
Dialga (Brave Nature)
Do not reccomend different natures please, I just want movesets/ items
I have Diamond so do not suggest Griseous Orb

Final

I Submit to No One
What would be a good moveset for:
Heatran (Brave Nature)
Giratina (Careful Nature) NOT ORIGIN FORME
Dialga (Brave Nature)
Do not reccomend different natures please, I just want movesets/ items
I have Diamond so do not suggest Griseous Orb

Not the best Natures but not the worst either.

Heatran @ Life Orb
Brave Nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk / 4 Sp. Def
~ Explosion
~ Earth Power
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Flamethrower / Fire Blast

Kinda works best on a Trick Room team though. Explosion is powerful coming from pretty much anything and Heatran is no exception. With max Attack, it'll hurt stuff badly. Flamethrower / Fire Blast will be Heatran's STAB move, Dragon Pulse provides exellent Type coverage with Heatran's STAB and Earth Power covers opposing Heatran. You could also move some Attack EVs into HP to give Heatran some bulk.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Def / 248 Sp. Def
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Outrage / Dragon Claw

Basically the Specially Defensive equivalent of the standard Physical Wall set. Will-O-Wisp shuts down Physical Attackers while easily taking almost any Special Attack. Outrage is perfectly viable when using Sleep Talk as you don't get trapped in battle if Sleep Talk chooses it. Otherwise Dragon Claw is perfectly useable.

Dialga @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Sp. Atk
~ Trick Room
~ Overheat
~ Earthquake
~ Outrage / Dragon Claw

Dialga is a reasonable Trick Roomer with great Defenses on both sides, great defensive typing and power on both sides of the spectrum only hindered by its mediocre Speed so a Physically-based mixed set with Trick Room can work. Trick Room is self explanatory, Outrage / Dragon Claw will be the STAB attack of choice since Steel isn't the greatest offensive typing and because Dialga has much better options available. Earthquake covers most of the Steel Types that resist Outrage and Overheat hammers floating Steel Types attempting to ruin Dialga's fun. Even with minimal Special Attack investment, it will still hit pretty hard.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
Drifblim help? Anyone?

Drifblim @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
252 SpA/184 Spe/72 Def
*Aftermath*
~ Substitute
~ Calm Mind
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball

The Spe EV's put you at 242, which is 1 point
above neutral max Spe Honchkrow so you can
KO it with Thunderbolt, max SpA is obvious and
the rest are thrown into Def since you're already
boosting your SpD. Investing them in HP isn't
necessary since it's far higher than his Def.
Other than that, the rest is pretty self explanatory.
Hope this helps. ^^,

SterlingEnigma

I just caught a shiny Hoppip and need some help with a good EV spread for her. Moves can be changed if there's anything major that I need to add.

Hoppip @ (nothing atm)
Sassy nature
IVs: HP 5, atk 29, def 3, SpA 7, SpD 11, Speed 30
Leaf Guard
Aerial Ace
Hidden Power [ice 68]
Solar Beam
Splash (will be replaced with Sleep Powder)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Kinda ironic that it's Sassy with 30 Speed IV :p
Solarbeam is a definite no there if you are not playing a SunnyDay team.
But I'm not sure for its other moves.....

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
I just caught a shiny Hoppip and need some help with a good EV spread for her. Moves can be changed if there's anything major that I need to add.

Jumpluff @ Heat Rock
Timid nature
Chlorophyll
- Sunny Day
- HP [Fire] / [Ice]
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Regardless of how shiny it is, a Sassy Hoppip / Jumpluff is worth absolutely nothing. HP [Ice 68] is pretty cool though, I must say. Just rebreed for a Timid one.

Electric

I have a Jolteon here:

Jolteon @ ???
Timid Nature
252 Speed/252 Sp. Atk/4 Def?
1. Thunderbolt
2. Signal Beam
3. Fake Tears
4. HP Water

With the 3 attacks above, Jolteon has an advantage over:
1. Water
2. Flying
3. Electric
4. Grass
5. Rock
6. Ground
7. Psychic
8. Dark

The only problem would be dragon and steel types.

I want a Jolteon that can take almost anything. I thought by having Fake Tears, I would have a serious advantage. If I used Fake Tears just once, the opponents Sp. Def will be halved which is a bonus, but I was also considering Wish just incase, but I might not need it.

I see that Shadow Ball is a possible move. Will it really help me?

Last edited:

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ I'm no expert on Jolteon, but it's looking alright to me. Just a nitpick, HP[ICE] > HP[WATER] for better coverage. IMO, Jolteon is not bulky enough for Wish. You could consider Shadow Ball > Signal Beam, but I'm not sure about that. Again, I don't really know too much about the Eons.

Status
Not open for further replies.