• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-ice654

Angry Dawn is Angry
Does anyone have any ideas for my Dusclops?

Dusclops
Modest Nature
HP 95 Atk 68
Def 131 Sp. Atk 83
Sp. Def 131 Speed 43

Curse
Will-o-wisp
Shadow Ball
Mean Look

xdragonx

I'm baaaack. >:]
While I wait to get a used version of Platnium to move-tutor Fire Punch to my Cranidos, I thought of breeding an Aerodactyl. I'd like to use him as a Lead--so Jolly nature and 252 EVs into Attack, 252 into Spd, and remaining 4 into HP.
I like the Smogon example given that sets up Stealth Rock, but was wondering if I could switch Earthquake with Whirlwind and still have it be effective. Like this:

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
4 HP. 252 Atk. 252 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Rock Slide
- Whirlwind

^ If I only have one attack on him, Rock Slide for STAB, and that it has a chance of making the foe cringe (though I will not be relying on this, but it's a nice added effect, yes?) I was thinking I could Whirlwind away anything that resists Rock Slide and then have it forced to switch in and take damage from Stealth Rock. Or should I stick with Earthquake over Whirlwind?

Suggestions, please?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ To be honest, Aerodactly isn't bulky enough to be moving last every turn for Whirlwind. It's a nice idea, but without a very heavy investment into Defences, it won't work out. You're better off with EQ, IMO.

xdragonx

I'm baaaack. >:]
^ To be honest, Aerodactly isn't bulky enough to be moving last every turn for Whirlwind. It's a nice idea, but without a very heavy investment into Defences, it won't work out. You're better off with EQ, IMO.

Ahh... I completely overlooked that bit. You're right--Aerodactyl isn't sturdy enough to resist that many hits, especially if I give all the EV points into his Attack and Speed stats. I'll go with Earthquake instead.

Thank you so much!

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Is HP Ice good for a Timid Alakazam, or should I keep breeding for HP Fire to kill Steels?

AlCario

Banned
Is HP Ice good for a Timid Alakazam, or should I keep breeding for HP Fire to kill Steels?

A pseudo bolt beam set is plausible, but Dragon and Flying types don't really give him issues. Steels are much more dangerous, so I suggest you keep on breeding.

Sy123456789

Im a pro
I have an Infernape with HP Electric is it good enough?

Infernape@Focus Sash "NastyApe"
Naive 252 Speed/192 Sp.Att/64 Att
~Nasty Plot
~Flamethrower
~Close Combat
~Hidden Power ELECTRIC

Is it good enough for the Battle Tower

Final

I Submit to No One
I have an Infernape with HP Electric is it good enough?

Infernape@Focus Sash "NastyApe"
Naive 252 Speed/192 Sp.Att/64 Att
~Nasty Plot
~Flamethrower
~Close Combat
~Hidden Power ELECTRIC

Is it good enough for the Battle Tower

Infernape has access to Grass Knot for Water Types. Hidden Power [Electric]'s only notable targets hit harder than Grass Knot are Gyarados and Vaporeon. After a Nasty Plot, Gyarados will not be a problem and Vaporeon takes high damage from a +2 Grass Knot. If you want a Hidden Power, Ice is the one you'll want so you can cover Latias who resists everything on this set.

James 101296

Gotta Catch 'em All!
Has any one got any ideas for my gengar?

lvl. 45
HP. 117
Attack. 72
Defense. 72
Special Attack. 162
Special Defense. 72
speed. 145

252 special attack EVs, 252 speed EVs, 6 HP EVs

Nature. Lax
Quick to flee

Its moves are.....
Shadow Ball
Dark Pulse
Hypnosis
Dream eater

I dont know which item to give it.....

Fossil Man

CRAGLY-HO!
^ Here's a basic Gengar;

Modest Nature w/ leftovers or Wise Glasses (or if you want, Choice Specs or Life Orb, but I don't use them because of their risks.)

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Hypnosis
Focus Blast

Your Ev's are fine.

AlCario

Banned
^ Here's a basic Gengar;

Modest Nature w/ leftovers or Wise Glasses (or if you want, Choice Specs or Life Orb, but I don't use them because of their risks.)

Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Hypnosis
Focus Blast

Your Ev's are fine.

Timid Life Orb is actually the best. Energy Ball or HP Fire is a more viable choice than Hypnosis; Gengar can't afford more than one move with a high chance of missing.

Leyniar

Can someone rate my Drifblim, please.

426-m.png

Drifblim @ Leftovers
Unburden | Mild Nature
~ Fly
~ Thunder Wave
~ Shadow Ball
~ Silver Wind

This the Drifblim I use in my Platinum. Shadow Ball > Psychic for the added effect and coverage. Silver Wand to deal with Dark types, and Thunder Wave to slow down Pokémon. Fly, well, to fly indeed. xD

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Can someone rate my Drifblim, please.

426-m.png

Drifblim @ Leftovers
Unburden | Mild Nature
~ Fly
~ Thunder Wave
~ Shadow Ball
~ Silver Wind

This the Drifblim I use in my Platinum. Shadow Ball > Psychic for the added effect and coverage. Silver Wand to deal with Dark types, and Thunder Wave to slow down Pokémon. Fly, well, to fly indeed. xD

Completely walled by Steels. Silver Wind should be replaced with either HP Water/Fire/Ground or Thunderbolt. Thunderwave could be replaced by Will-O-Wisp to weaken Physical attackers.

Rentlix

I Lost The Game
(First post on Serebii, FYI)

What do you think about my ;130;? What would you suggest?

Gyarados Lv 62
Attack- 178
Defense- 140
SAttack- 98
SDefense- 145
Speed- 124

Earthquake
Thunderbolt
Surf
Blizzard

I plan on EVing it (late, I know) for all the rest of its EVs n SAttack seeing as only Earthquake is a physical attack. However I'd like an opinion or two to see if I want to change the moveset around first.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Tbh, Gyrados is a horrible mixed attacker. I'd just run a DD set or a CB set if you're feeling a little different. I'll give you the EVs when I'm not on my iPod and I can actually work them out =/

Btw, for future reference, raters don't care about stats or levels. We rate assuming perfect IVs in any relevant stats and Lv. 100. We only need EVs and Natures.

Last edited:

G.i.Я

Hi! i just finished IV training on my salamence:

Salamence @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature

lvl84
HP 328
AT 252
DF 176
SA 176
SD 179
SP 201

EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Sp. Def
~ Dragon Dance
~ Fire Blast
~ Dragon Claw
~ Earthquake

Now, here is the problem, i dont want to teach it roost cuz i really need something to stop skarmory and ice some ice pkm but fire blast its just not working out... what do you recommend? should i change it to fire fang, heat wave or flamethrower? can anyone please calculate the damage done by each move ? (notice that with DD I can raise up fire fang hit at least one stage as Salamance endures at least one super efective move such as ice beam or ice punch)

can someone give me a a good set for a mixed attacker lucario set please. thank you

Lucario (Rash/Mild Nature) @Life Orb
~Ability: Inner Focus~
-Close Combat
-Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
-HP Ice/Dragon Pulse
-Stone Edge/Agility

Something like that, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.