• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel4u185

M'aimes-tu? :3
I'm going to be using a Parasect in my upcoming SS playthrough...and I honestly don't know what I can do with it. Should I use it as a catcher, or simply attempt a sweep with Swords Dance? No EVs/egg moves/etc because it's ingame, but I will be able to use move tutors and TMs and things from Plat.
Parasect@Quick Claw/Leftovers/?
Spore
False Swipe/Swords Dance
Seed Bomb
Brick Break

AlCario

Banned
I'm going to be using a Parasect in my upcoming SS playthrough...and I honestly don't know what I can do with it. Should I use it as a catcher, or simply attempt a sweep with Swords Dance? No EVs/egg moves/etc because it's ingame, but I will be able to use move tutors and TMs and things from Plat.
Parasect@Leftovers
Spore
Swords Dance
Seed Bomb
Brick Break

Changes in gold

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I was thinking about using Forretress for SoulSilver, and seeing as he's got a respectable Attack stat, whats a good physical moveset? I'd like to stray away from Spikes and stuff, although I may use Toxic Spikes for status.

Forretress @ Adamant
-Bug Bite
-Payback
-Gyro Ball
-????

Any good?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I was thinking about using Forretress for SoulSilver, and seeing as he's got a respectable Attack stat, whats a good physical moveset? I'd like to stray away from Spikes and stuff, although I may use Toxic Spikes for status.

Forretress @ Adamant
-Bug Bite
-Payback
-Gyro Ball
-????

Any good?

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Try Revenge, Counter or Explosion in the last slot.

darksteel460

slice and dice

Forretress @ Adamant
-Bug Bite
-Payback
-Gyro Ball
-????

Any good?

A good move for it to learn would be revenge but you could also check smogon.com that site helps a lot.

Final

I Submit to No One

Forretress @ Brave
-Earthquake / Revenge
-Payback / Rock Slide / Bug Bite
-Gyro Ball
-Explosion

Any good?

Suggestions in bold.

Last edited:

James 101296

Gotta Catch 'em All!
Has anyone got any ideas for a starmie?

it is going to be either timid/modest
252 sp. atk ev and 252 speed ev and 6 hp ev

i dont know about moves or items.....

could anyone help me?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^

121.png

Starmie @ Life Orb
• Timid
• 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
~ Surf
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Recover / Rapid Spin / Grass Knot

That's a pretty standard Stamie. If you're staying in-game, then use Recover. If you're going competitive, then Rapid Spin or Grass Knot, depending on the rest of your team.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
What's a good ingame moveset for Xatu and Sunflora?

Xatu @ Modest
Synchronize
-Psychic
-HP Ground
-Shadow Ball
-Fly

I may use Wish in the last slot, but I really need Fly.

Sunflora @ Modest
Solar Power
-Solarbeam/Energy Ball
-HP Fire
-Leech Seed
-Sunny Day/Toxic

What other special moves does Sunflora learn anyway?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
What's a good ingame moveset for Xatu and Sunflora?

Xatu @ Timid
Synchronize
-Psychic
-Signal Beam
-Heat Wave
-Wish

I may use Wish in the last slot, but I really need Fly.

Sunflora @ Modest
Solar Power
-Solarbeam
-HP Fire
-Leech Seed
-Sunny Day

What other special moves does Sunflora learn anyway?
I suggest you just get an HM Slave instead of wasting a moveslot on Xatu. Heat Wave is for good coverage, especially against Ice, and Signal Beam handles Dark. Wish is a really good move In-Game and Competitively, so yeah.

Sunflora is fine.

oh..... and when is the best time to evolve it?

As soon as you get a good Staryu.

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Tyranitar @ Impish
Sandstream @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 Def/6 Attack
-Crunch
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

Max HP and Defense gets about 400 HP and 350 Defense. With Sandstorm activated, his SpDef gets a 1.5x boost, so thats about 350. Then sweep with DD boosted Crunches, Stone Edges, and Earthquakes.

Any good?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ I'd run 252 HP / 136 Def / 4 SpDef / 116 Spe for the EV Spread, so that you can get past all Neutral Lucario and other Base 90s after a single Dragon Dance.

Im trying to get a decent nature/moveset/ev spread down for a Jirachi that I will Probably never use but I like him so I'll train him up.

I was thinking.

Jirachi@Leftovers
Impish 240Hp/76Def/160SpD/32Spe Or Careful just switch Def and SpD Evs
~Serene Grace
-Wish
-Iron head
-Ice Punch/Toxic/U-Turn
-Cosmic Power

A simple tank, he boosts with Cosmic Power, heals with Wish and lefties and Iron Head is for Flinch Hax with Ice punch covering dragons and ground types, toxic just for damage, or U-turn if I need a quick switch.

For a special variant if Draco Meteor is worth keeping

Jirachi@lefties
Bold 240Hp/76Def/160SpD/32Spe Or Calm just switch Def and SpD Evs
~Serene Grace
-Draco Meteor
-Calm Mind
-U-turn (to switch after CM boosted Draco)
-Ice Beam/Signal beam/Psychic/some other special move
-

Last edited:

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Just use the first one. DM isn't really worth it on Jirachi.

Status
Not open for further replies.