• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Arbok @ Leftovers
Shed Skin / Impish
- Rest
- Toxic
- Protect
- Fire Fang / Earthquake

Toxistall CroBok. Fire Fang / EQ hit Steel and Poison-types respectively. I'd lean towards EQ myself.

AlCario

Banned
Is there any good in-game movesets for an Arbok? (Prefered HG/SS in-game.)

Arbok@Choice Band/Muscle Band
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Poison Jab
-Earthquake
-Seed Bomb
-Rock Slide/Crunch

Ungulateman's set works too.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Persian @ Muscle Band
Naive / Technician
- Fake Out / Swift
- Thunderbolt
- Bite / Dark Pulse / Aerial Ace
- Return

Persian has nearly equally terrible Atk / SpA, so a mixed set is hilariously interesting to use.

Halle

Im planning on making a Shiny Umbreon as my main in heart gold, and as such i want to go a little unconvetional and not making it some pokemon who has to toxic everything and just evade and heal until the opponent dies.

So.. my idea is as follows:
Umbreon (modest)
Intended attacks:
Dark Pulse
toxic/double team/attract (or any advice would be appreciated)
Psychic
Moonlight
EV stats:
special attack: 250
hp: 60
speed: 0
attack: 0
defence: 100
Spc. def: 100

I do want to be able to use umbreon for the bf, so it has to be somewhat capable, therefor im worried about both the nature and the ev spread. Seing as dark pulse can make enemys flinch, should i have a +speed -attack nature instead? and as such, move most ivs from hp/def/sdef to speed or is this just futile since umbreon isn't one of the faster pokemons...

Also, if going for more speed, maby Moonlight wont do any good anymore and should be changed for something more appropriate?

Any advice would be appreciated, but do bare in mind that i am aware of the fact that i know this is not an ideal build for an umbreon, but something i want to try.

Final

I Submit to No One
Im planning on making a Shiny Umbreon as my main in heart gold, and as such i want to go a little unconvetional and not making it some pokemon who has to toxic everything and just evade and heal until the opponent dies.

So.. my idea is as follows:
Umbreon (modest)
Intended attacks:
Dark Pulse
toxic/double team/attract (or any advice would be appreciated)
Psychic
Moonlight
EV stats:
special attack: 250
hp: 60
speed: 0
attack: 0
defence: 100
Spc. def: 100

I do want to be able to use umbreon for the bf, so it has to be somewhat capable, therefor im worried about both the nature and the ev spread. Seing as dark pulse can make enemys flinch, should i have a +speed -attack nature instead? and as such, move most ivs from hp/def/sdef to speed or is this just futile since umbreon isn't one of the faster pokemons...

Also, if going for more speed, maby Moonlight wont do any good anymore and should be changed for something more appropriate?

Any advice would be appreciated, but do bare in mind that i am aware of the fact that i know this is not an ideal build for an umbreon, but something i want to try.

The problem with Umbreon offensively is that it is simply bad offensively since it is a Defensive Pokemon and should really be used as such. CurseBreon is really the best means of offense for it since without a boosting move, Umbreon just doesn't hit hard enough except against more frail or Dark weak opponents.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 Sp. Def
~ Curse ~
~ Payback ~
~ Wish / Moonlight ~
~ Protect / Sucker Punch ~

Not really the greatest but it does have a few things going for it. It is a pretty good Special Wall if used properly and this set aims to make it a mixed Wall of sorts while boosting its decent Defense and less than spectacular Attack. Curse boosts Umbreon's Attack and Defense while lowering its rather useless Speed. Payback is Umbreon's best STAB move and Umbreon will usually move last meaning it hits at full power. Wish or Moonlight are Umbreon's means of healing. The former isn't dependent on the weather but it takes a turn for it to work although it can be used to heal a team mate switching in while the latter is instant recovery. The last spot largely depends on what you use for your healing move. Protect is probably better if you're using Wish since it lets Umbreon take the Wish for itself on turn 2 without fail and helps scout out your opponent's move. Sucker Punch however works for a priority move and will hit hard after a few Curses although it fails if your opponent doesn't use an Attack. Quick Attack is another priority move it can use but the low base power is really a letdown. Especially for Umbreon. Max HP is a given to increase Umbreon's overall bulk and hit taking ability, the Special Defense lets Umbreon take most Special Attacks quite well (even a Nasty Plotted HP Fighting from Mismagius won't 2HKO thanks to Leftovers gain unless Stealth Rock is down and even then it isn't guaranteed) and Payback will always OHKO back regardless of Curse boosts.

Halle

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I am aware that umbreon is a weak attacker, but i still want to try it (spatt to be specific).

My main concern is whether trying to boost its speed will make it possible to outrun "normal speed" pokemon or if i simply should focus on letting it take the punch. Since you said Umbreon will usually hit last, i will take that as going speed will only make it attack first if the oponent is slow aswell.

If you had to use the umbreon i posted, what attack would you use besides dark pulse, psychic and moonlight? I do plan on using leftovers as its item, maby protect could be a good way of increasing hp a turn?

ps. lulz on me for typing "but do bare in mind that i am aware of the fact that i know" :D

Last edited:

TheNorthWind

Master of Puppets
Does anybody know a good moveset for a Crawdaunt?

Sy123456789

Im a pro
Here we are:

Competitive:

Crawdaunt@ Life Orb
Adamant 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Def
~Swords Dance
~Waterfall/Crabhammer.
~Crunch
~Return

Normal+Water is only resisted by Shedninja in UU and both it and Empoleon in OU
Crunch is for your STAB. Dark is actually a pretty good offensive type, but defensively even better, which is why HP is maxed out to help your bulk

BTower
Crawdaunt@ Choice Band
Adamant 252 Atk/100 HP/158 Spe
~Waterfall
~Crunch/Night Slash/Superpower
~Return
~Aerial Ace/ X-Scissor

battle Tower, Choice band becuase you wont be able to set up on the swtich, Water+Normal for good neutral coverage, you can add, Superpower instead if you want a hit and run move, Aerial Ace is for Fighting Tpyes, and DTeamers

~

AlCario

Banned
battle Tower, Choice band becuase you wont be able to set up on the swtich

On the contrary, using the TrickScarf strategy, set up is a breeze. Many non-TrickScarf strategies require set up, as well. I'm not saying your set isn't viable in the tower (although it has its limitations), I'm simply disagreeing with the bold.

pikachuaipom

Aipom

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont know if this is the right place to post this but i'm struggling with a moveset for my aipom/ambipom i'm up to maylene on platinum getting heart gold when its relesed in the uk and will likely breed a new aipom i had one on most games since my gold playthrough and i want to use it competivly with pbr but i really dont want to evove it but its not out of the question

currently i have a set up of
LV 31
Adamant/nature
run Away/Abllity for amipom
fake out
return
double team or agility when i level up
Baton pass

i wouldn't mind a more offencive set but i have a staraptor on my team which also has return so its not like i really need a normal type although i like aipom and i'm wondering if there's a better moveset to go for or trial on my team before hg is here or should i ditch aipom for another type like ground or fighting

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
Would this Empoleon set work?

Okay i'm planning to make a new non-trickscarf battle tower team.
I've thought about an Empoleon set, and well here it is:

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Careful nature, 252 HP / 126 Def / 126 SpDef / 4 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Aqua Jet
- Aqua Ring/Substitute
- Roar

The plan is to set up Stealth Rock(or attack a frail Pokémon), then use Aqua Ring/Substitute and Roar/Aqua Jet away. This way i hurt the others with SR, i can look through their teams, and attack some Pokémon with Aqua Jet.
The problem is that it needs to be as bulky as possible, but i don't know what'll work better: Aqua Ring or Substitute, plus i don't know if Empoleon will survive every first attack(so if i need Focus Sash in stead of Leftovers, but if that happens, i'll instantly run Aqua Ring over Substitute).

Zalent

Heya, I got a swampert apprentally ev trained, I wanna use him as a mixed sweeper!

This is his stats:

Atk:314 Def:282 Sp.atk:268 Sp.def:255 Spd: 185

these stats are a little out there so firstly I am wonder if its legit and if so what move set for mixed would you reccomend?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
What's the best moveset for my Cacturne?
Here are some options;
332.png

Cacturne @ Life Orb / Wise Glasses
• Timid Nature
• 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
~ Energy Ball
~ Dark Pulse
~ Nasty Plot
~ Focus Blast

Special Sweeper. Nasty Plot + Double STAB + Coverage. Very little explanation needed, Imo.

Cacturne @ Life Orb / Muscle Band
• Jolly Nature
• 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Seed Bomb
~ Sucker Punch
~ Swords Dance
~ Brick Break

The previous set's physical counterpart.

Cacturne @ Leftovers
• Adamant Nature
~ Leech Seed
~ Substitute
~ Sucker Punch
~ Focus Punch

A SubSeeder. Be aware that this set will only work well when a Sandstorm is in play, so it pairs up well with Pokémon like Hippowdon and Tyranitar. Max. Attack so that you can hit really hard with your two attacks, but you may want to consider investing in HP instead. Your choice.

i'm struggling with a moveset for my aipom/ambipom
424.png

Ambipom @ Life Orb
• Technician
• Jolly Nature
~ Fake Out
~ Return
~ U-Turn
~ Low Kick

The standard for both In-Game and competitive, really. Fake Out is a great move, especially if leading with Ambipom, as it makes the opponent miss a turn while causing considerable damage. Return for its great Base Power and reliability. Ambipom is a hit-and-run Pokémon, so U-Turn fits in well here. Finally, Low Kick is to kill off those Rocks and Steels that can give this set big problems. Low Kick is a more suitable move than Brick Break because these opponents are often heavy, and even if they aren't, then Low Kick can still be Technician Boosted.

Hope it helps both of you. YOOMTAH, I'm sorry that I couldn't do your Empoleon too, but I don't know how to make it defensive.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Hmm.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Bold / Torrent
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Surf
- Aqua Ring

Pair with a specially defensive Pokemon, I guess. Sort of gimmicky, but have a go anyway.

Phinocio

I want some more opinions on a good Ursaring set. I currently thought of.

Ursaring (Adamant) @ ----------
Ability: Guts
EVs: I don't EV train
-Superpower
-Slash
-Ice Punch
-Shadow Claw

Any changes/opinions?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ I'd run one of these following sets;
217.png

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
• Adamant
~ Facade
~ Earthquake / Close Combat
~ Crunch
~ Ice Punch / Thunderpunch / Seed Bomb / Protect / Whatever

This set lets you unleash Ursaring's full power through use of Guts + Facade + STAB. Just come in, take the first hit, then pummel everything with insanely powerful Facades. Earthquake, which can be replaced with Close Combat is you prefer, is for coverage, and Crunch is for more coverage, mainly against Ghosts. The last slot is basically complete filler. Put what you want in there. I just listed a few options.

Ursaring @ Leftovers / Life Orb
• Adamant
~ Swords Dance
~ Return
~ Earthquake / Close Combat
~ Crunch

The attacks are pretty much the same as last time, so I'll leave them out. Just come in, Swords Dance up, and destroy what you can. The choice of item is yours. Chose whatever matches your playstyle best.

There are a few more sets, like Belly Drum and SubPunch, but they are generally harder to use and less effective Imo. I'll give you them if you don't like either of these. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.