• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
I guess a mixed set could sort of work.

Meganium @ Life Orb
Rash / Overgrow
- Energy Ball
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Return

LordFeraligatr

Would this work ?

Meganium @ Life Orb
Rash / Overgrow
EV's 80 Atk / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
- Energy Ball
- Earthquake
- ancient power
- substitute

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
OMGimmick.

181.png

Ampharos @ Leftovers
• Modest Nature
• 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpAtk or 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpAtk or 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpDef (With a Bold Nature)
~ Charge Beam
~ Hidden Power [Ice]
~ Substitute
~ Something.

SubCharge Ampharos. It seems outclassed by SubCMKou, and it probably is, although being able to attack while setting up and no necessity to invest in Spe, increasing bulk, are both advantages. I'm pretty set on the first three moves, but the EVs and last slot are giving me trouble. For the EVs, here are my spreads explained. I think the first one's the only usable one, though;

• 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpAtk gives the best HP and SpAtk possible, while keeping the HP odd.
• 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpAtk gives the best odd HP, equals Def and SpDef at the lowest possible point while giving Porygon & Co. the Atk Boost rather than SpAtk, then dumps into SpAtk.
• 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpDef, Bold gives me the best possible Defences while maintaining an odd HP and Pory Atk Boost.

Here are some things I've been considering for my last move;

• Toxic, to help kill the opponent while your SpAtk is still low.
• Power Gem / Signal beam / Focus Blast, for more offence.
• A Screen, for support.
• Thunder Wave or Flash to stop the opponent hitting you.

I'd rather not use Focus Punch, btw. I can't stand Mixed sets.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

tombux

umbronmove set / evs this is what i plan / got so far, no egg moves he is all most lv 70 and is careful n capeable of ttakeing hits

~moonlight
~guard swap
~......
~......

EVs

100 Sp Def
hp?
?????

Last edited:
How's this set?

Venasaur@Leftovers
Bold Nature
-Sleep Powder
-Energy Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Leech Seed
That's fine. Black Sludge could work over Leftovers too, especially if Item Clause is in effect. Calm is handy for a Nature, since Venusaur has great Sp.Def, but Bold can work.

umbronmove set / evs this is what i plan / got so far, no egg moves he is all most lv 70 and is careful n capeable of ttakeing hits

~moonlight
~Payback
~Toxic
~Protect

EVs

100 Sp Def
hp? 252. I'm not sure about the rest, though...
?????

What are good movesets for Delcatty (cute charm or normalize, does not matter) and Beautifly?

Delcatty (Adamant/Jolly Nature) @Leftovers/Muscle Band
~Ability: Cute Charm~
-Fake Out
-Assist
-Body Slam
-Sucker Punch/Faint Attack/Zen Headbutt

Assist is novelty, but this set is the only one I can think of having more usage ingame. She gets a lot of support moves too...

Delcatty (Jolly Nature) @Leftovers
-Thunder Wave
-Heal Bell/Wish
-Return
-Sucker Punch/Sing/Charm

There's also a Sp.Attacking set, if you wanted...

Delcatty (Timid Nature) @Wise Glasses
-Calm Mind/Fake Tears
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Wish

I guess. So many Pokemon use that set or variants of it so much better. Like Blissey, Clefable, etc.

Beautifly (Modest/Timid Nature) @Focus Sash/Leftovers/Choice Specs
-Bug Buzz
-Stun Spore/Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic

I'm level grinding to be able to reface the Elite Four in HeartGold and my Houndoom will soon be wanting to chew on things. ( crunch lv 53)

Akainu the Houndoom
Serious
Flash Fire
-Flamethrower
-Faint Attack
-Howl (thinking nasty plot will go here)
-Embargo (I'm thinking a must against the Elite but maybe there's a better move in general)

Should I pass on crunch or not. Also ideas for a hold item would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Final

I Submit to No One
I'm level grinding to be able to reface the Elite Four in HeartGold and my Houndoom will soon be wanting to chew on things. ( crunch lv 53)

Akainu the Houndoom
Serious
Flash Fire
-Flamethrower
-Faint Attack
-Howl (thinking nasty plot will go here)
-Embargo (I'm thinking a must against the Elite but maybe there's a better move in general)

Should I pass on crunch or not. Also ideas for a hold item would be appreciated.

Dark Pulse should go over Faint Attack and not Crunch since it works off Houndoom's superior Special Attack stat and is just better with Nasty Plot in general. Speaking of Nasty Plot, I would use it over Howl since Houndoom doesn't really have the Physical power to really use it effectively. Not too sure about Embargo though. Might work in theory since the Elite Four have a tendancy to use Full Restores when you barely miss the KO on something but I'm not too sure about it in practice.

Thanks, I manage to get embargo out there but most of the time I'm essentially forfeiting Houndoom to make the fight easier for whoever takes his place. Plus going with Wise glasses as a hold item.

Last edited:
hey just wondering which move is best for arcanine hyper beam or body slam does it depend on which attack is highest special attack for hyper beam and physical attack for body slam any suggestions.I dont know if this is true but is arcanine more likely 2 K.o a opponent with extremespeed than the other 2.

p.s ill be breeding 2 growlithes incase some one says you cant get growlithe in soul silver the 2 growlithes will be off my platinum.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Re-posting from your thread.
Hyper Beam sucks in general because of the Recharge Turn. Extremespeed isn't more likely to 2HKO anything as its Base Power is slightly lower than Body Slam's, but 80 Base Power non-fail Priority is something too useful to pass up on with anything that can use it well, imo.
So yea, I'd run Extremespeed unless you have a very specific reason to use something else.

Run_jump_destroy

How about this for a Meganium?

Meganium@ Big Root

-Giga Drain
-Substitute
-Swords Dance
-Body Slam

Giga Drain for STAB+ Big Root for moar power. Sub Up, Sd, then body slam at will.

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
Hmm I made a kind of defensive Jirachi set for competitive play, and if not banned from it, for the Battle Tower.

• Jirachi @ Leftovers
• Serene Grace
• Bold nature, 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- Calm Mind
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch
- Zen Headbutt / Thunder Wave

Going to be a late-game sweeper...
Calm Mind to power up, Iron Head for the Flinch and Drain Punch for coverage and healing. Zen Headbutt for extra coverage, or Thunder Wave for crippling and more advantage of Iron Head.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ It's banned from the Tower.

I really don't see why you're running Calm Mind on a set that has only Physical attacks. You might want to fix that...

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
^ It's banned from the Tower.

I really don't see why you're running Calm Mind on a set that has only Physical attacks. You might want to fix that...

O LOL FAIL
sorry i'm not really awake atm. i'll edit this post in a few minutes...
Ehm...

• Jirachi @ Leftovers
• Serene Grace
• Bold nature, 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- Cosmic Power
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
^ Bold + physical attacks don't work well. You may need some more sleep. xD

Someone slap me pleas... TT - TT
I meant Impish didn't I? xD

Anyway, how's the set INCLUDING Impish? xD

• Jirachi @ Leftovers
• Serene Grace
• Impish (+def -spatk xD) nature, 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- Cosmic Power
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
In case anyone has anything to say...
OMGimmick.

181.png

Ampharos @ Leftovers
• Modest Nature
• 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpAtk or 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpAtk or 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpDef (With a Bold Nature)
~ Charge Beam
~ Hidden Power [Ice]
~ Substitute
~ Something.

SubCharge Ampharos. It seems outclassed by SubCMKou, and it probably is, although being able to attack while setting up and no necessity to invest in Spe, increasing bulk, are both advantages. I'm pretty set on the first three moves, but the EVs and last slot are giving me trouble. For the EVs, here are my spreads explained. I think the first one's the only usable one, though;

• 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpAtk gives the best HP and SpAtk possible, while keeping the HP odd.
• 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpAtk gives the best odd HP, equals Def and SpDef at the lowest possible point while giving Porygon & Co. the Atk Boost rather than SpAtk, then dumps into SpAtk.
• 248 HP / 144 Def / 116 SpDef, Bold gives me the best possible Defences while maintaining an odd HP and Pory Atk Boost.

Here are some things I've been considering for my last move;

• Toxic, to help kill the opponent while your SpAtk is still low.
• Power Gem / Signal beam / Focus Blast, for more offence.
• A Screen, for support.
• Thunder Wave or Flash to stop the opponent hitting you.

I'd rather not use Focus Punch, btw. I can't stand Mixed sets.

Thoughts?
If i don't get any replies then I'll just use the 252/252/4 and Thunder Wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.