• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
In case anyone has anything to say...

If i don't get any replies then I'll just use the 252/252/4 and Thunder Wave.

Well, even if you don't like mixed sets, a Blissey (and other random Special Walls, wasting Charge Beam's PP as you switch) could cause trouble, so Focus Punch was the first thing i thought of, actually.

Focus Punch works extremely well with Substitute, but i don't doubt you didn't notice that.

If you eventually think of using Focus Punch, i'd run a Quiet nature, 248 HP / 252 SpAtk / 8 Atk, doing 46.6% - 54.8% damage to a WishBlissey.

Now looking at the other options, the only thing i'd consider is Reflect so you can set up Charge Beam more easily.

I hope this was helpful. :)

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
YOOMTAH said:
Well, even if you don't like mixed sets, a Blissey (and other random Special Walls, wasting Charge Beam's PP as you switch) could cause trouble, so Focus Punch was the first thing i thought of, actually.
Yea, I knew that Blissey would give me trouble right from the start tbh. It always comes in at the most annoying time.
Focus Punch works extremely well with Substitute, but i don't doubt you didn't notice that.
I did notice that. SubPunch is a great strategy.
If you eventually think of using Focus Punch, i'd run a Quiet nature, 248 HP / 252 SpAtk / 8 Atk, doing 46.6% - 54.8% damage to a WishBlissey.
Actually, Focus Punch is looking a lot more optimistic. I'm not sure what EVs you used for this calc, but all of the Tower's Blissey run 255 HP / 0 Def spreads... And upon doing a calc for this, I found that with only a 4 EV investment, Focus Punch will do much more than I thought. 100% - 117.7%, to be exact. How very convenient. Now it's looking a lot nicer... Even though I hate mixed sets, I might make an exception this time. Running some more calcs, I found that I can also do 66.2% - 80% to 0 HP / 255 Def Aggron, 77.7% - 93.7% to 0 HP / 252 Def Tyranitar, and 81.2% - 96.6% to 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar... Not too shabby. The only real drawback is that a Quiet Nature is a necessity, but I suppose I can compromise. The only thing that I lose the jump on is Blissey, and she can't do much to me anyway... I'll consider this more.
Now looking at the other options, the only thing i'd consider is Reflect so you can set up Charge Beam more easily.
Having said that, Thunder Wave does the same when it comes to letting me set up. Although Hax may decide to work against me there.
I hope this was helpful.:)
It was very helpful. Thanks a lot.

So now, it's Focus Punch vs. Thunder Wave. Any more input?

Last edited:

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
Well I having some trouble choosing between which Slowpoke evo I should choose. After finishing the jhoto saga in SS I'll teach whichever one Trick Room. My question is which one is the best choice for this move.

Final Set up will be
Slow(Insert evo here), Jolly (sadly the Nature will mess with me) w/ Life Orb
Curse (Maybe replace this)
Trick Room
Zen Headbutt
Water Pulse? or any other good water move.

I never really pay attention to EV training or Natures but I'll starting to learn about that. So can I have some assistance with this moveset?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well I having some trouble choosing between which Slowpoke evo I should choose. After finishing the jhoto saga in SS I'll teach whichever one Trick Room. My question is which one is the best choice for this move.

Final Set up will be
Slow(Insert evo here), Jolly (sadly the Nature will mess with me) w/ Life Orb
Curse (Maybe replace this)
Trick Room
Zen Headbutt
Water Pulse? or any other good water move.

I never really pay attention to EV training or Natures but I'll starting to learn about that. So can I have some assistance with this moveset?

Don't train a Jolly Slowpoke. They have a much bigger Special movepool than a Physical movepool. Off the top of my head, the better option would be Slowking, only because of Nasty Plot.

Slowking @ Modest
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Psychic
-Nasty Plot

The Mighty Wurmple

CurseBro still works;

Slowbro@Leftovers
Nature: Careful (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Earthquake / Zen Headbutt
- Slack Off

Last edited:

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
No it doesn't. Slowbro has *** Attack, and a useable Special Attack. Why waste it?

Slowbro @ Leftovers / Wise Glasses
Modest / Calm
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Surf
- Ice Beam / Psychic / Flamethrower

tombux

can i ev train one of a pokemon stats and come back and ev agen when its stronger?

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
I made an epic Cleric.

• Latias @ Leftovers
• Timid nature
• 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Healing Wish
- Protect/Screen

Pure supporting Latias.
• Can switch in, use Wish and switch out for healing an other Pokémon.
• Can switch in, use Heal Bell en heal the party from statuses.
• Can sacrifice and completely heal an other Pokémon.
• AND can set up a screen or protect himself for Wish healing so it can heal other Pokémon longer.

Tadaaaah ♫

EDIT: For some reason this thread makes me bark.
LATIAS DOESN'T EVEN LEARN HEAL BELL?!
... meh.

• Latias @ Leftovers
• Timid nature
• 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- Wish
- Reflect
- Healing Wish
- Protect

Last edited:

X-ice654

Angry Dawn is Angry
What would be a good moveset for a Rotom (normal form)?

darksteel460

slice and dice
Venusaur@adamant,ev hp, defense
-anmesia/spore-earthquake- power whip- swords dance. Which move would be the best to take out I can't decide

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Your Venusaur should be running Atk > Def EVs as you are using an Adamant Nature. It can't learn Spore, but Sleep Powder is the move you need. Otherwise, it's alright. You are, however, walled by Flying so be aware of that. And please format correctly next time...

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
What would be a good moveset for a Rotom (normal form)?

Rotom
Timid Nature
~Shock Wave/Discharge/Thunderbolt/Charge Beam
~Shadow Ball
~Will-o-wisp
~Signal Beam

I personally prefer Charge Beam, as it's the only reliable way Rotom can power itself up (Shadow Ball's "reduce target's SDef" and Ominous Wind's "boost all stats by 1 stage" effect rarely occurs, not to mention Ominous Wind has a very limited PP)
Will-o-Wisp softens any incoming physical attacks, while inflicting burn damage at the same time.

You can also replace W-o-W or Signal Beam with Trick, and has Choice Specs as the hold item. But remember that Trick is good only in the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier, as in normal battles, any Tricked item is lost forever if your opponent's Pokemon (whom you use Trick against) is defeated before you Trick the item back to Rotom.

X-ice654

Angry Dawn is Angry
Rotom
Timid Nature
~Shock Wave/Discharge/Thunderbolt/Charge Beam
~Shadow Ball
~Will-o-wisp
~Signal Beam

I personally prefer Charge Beam, as it's the only reliable way Rotom can power itself up (Shadow Ball's "reduce target's SDef" and Ominous Wind's "boost all stats by 1 stage" effect rarely occurs, not to mention Ominous Wind has a very limited PP)
Will-o-Wisp softens any incoming physical attacks, while inflicting burn damage at the same time.

You can also replace W-o-W or Signal Beam with Trick, and has Choice Specs as the hold item. But remember that Trick is good only in the Battle Tower/Battle Frontier, as in normal battles, any Tricked item is lost forever if your opponent's Pokemon (whom you use Trick against) is defeated before you Trick the item back to Rotom.

Would that work with a Quiet natured Rotom or would I have to work out a new set?

darksteel460

slice and dice
^ Your Venusaur should be running Atk > Def EVs as you are using an Adamant Nature. It can't learn Spore, but Sleep Powder is the move you need. Otherwise, it's alright. You are, however, walled by Flying so be aware of that. And please format correctly next time...

I'm purposely not ev training in attack because I want him to get a boost in as many stats as possible so that's why I have swords dance and having the adamant so the attack will at least have that initial raise where swords dance can boost the rest of it and I knew it couldn't learn spore I got mixed up with parasects movepool for a second sorry and that defense would comein handy just a bit with air slash and fly

Status
Not open for further replies.