• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
well my togepi just evolved and I noticed I caný get a shiny stone before getting the national dex, anyway this is my planned togetic for the E4 (at lvl 47 :p)

togetic@ Leftovers
Serene Grace
-fly (need a flyer :/)
-extrasensory
-magicall leaf
-flamethowher

any sugestions?

Should be fine ingame.

Hustle is no good for Togetic, you need Serene Grace.

7 tyranitars

I know but I don't want to replace it yet to much of a pain. if I had saved before it hatched I would have sred..

ty for your advice at item

Final

I Submit to No One
I know but I don't want to replace it yet to much of a pain. if I had saved before it hatched I would have sred..

ty for your advice at item

You can always rebreed it afterwards but keep in mind, Extrasensory and Magical Leaf aren't really good moves for Togekiss and should be replaced as soon as possible for Aura Sphere and Air Slash and Fly should go for Roost. You can always keep it around as a HM slave when needed.

Honchkrow moveset, please?

Physical

Honchkrow @ Life Orb / Choice Band / Muscle Band
Adamant / Jolly Nature
EVs (if applicable): 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Brave Bird / Drill Peck
~ Sucker Punch
~ Night Slash
~ Superpower

Mixed

Honchkrow @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
Mild / Rash / Hasty / Naive Nature
EVs (if applicable): 252 Atk / 8 Sp. Atk / 248 Spe
~ Brave Bird / Drill Peck
~ Sucker Punch / Night Slash
~ Heat Wave
~ Superpower

If running a Choice Scarf, the priority of Sucker Punch is uneeded due to the extra Speed provided.

Nasty Plot

Honchkrow @ Life Orb / Wise Glasses
Mild / Rash / Hasty / Naive Nature
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spe
~ Nasty Plot
~ Dark Pulse
~ Heat Wave
~ Superpower

Superpower's main purpose is to destroy the Special Walls and Tyranitar that can take Nasty Plotted Dark Pulses and Heat Waves.

Roost can be used on any non-Choice set but Honchkrow has poor Defenses that not even its good base 100 HP won't save it from and losing a single Attack on any set except for the first set (Sucker Punch or Night Slash can be dropped) means Honchkrow loses Type coverage so it isn't worth it.

Aside from that, take your pick.

Last edited:

Grassmen

Novice Breeder
I'm looking for an ingame HGSS Tropius moveset. Because this is ingame play, it's going to need to know Fly for my team, which then leads it towards a physical orientation.

I was thinking that this set could work.

Tropius @ ?
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4Spe
~ Fly
~ Leaf Blade
~ Earthquake/Headbutt/Body Slam
~ Roost/Swords Dance

Earthquake will give me better type-coverage, and currently my team doesn't have any ground type moves. Headbutt has ingame benefits, whilst Body Slam has that chance of paralysis that could potentially make up for Tropius's poor speed.

Swords Dance would be better than Roost, but I've got Ninjask who can Baton Pass Swords Dance and Speed Boosts, so Roosts could be a good option.

I'm not really sure though, so any help will be greatly appreciated :)

7 tyranitars

You can always rebreed it afterwards but keep in mind, Extrasensory and Magical Leaf aren't really good moves for Togekiss and should be replaced as soon as possible for Aura Sphere and Air Slash and Fly should go for Roost. You can always keep it around as a HM slave when needed.

that is true I was atleast going to change magicall leaf for aura sphere anyway and I'm not really fond of hmslaves considdering I usely have 6 cell teams, and Im to lazy to dep/widraw from box so much XD

that is true *starts up HG fly to goldenrod* alright first I need a ditto :p
*fingeres cross for quickly a serene grace*

Tropius @ ?
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4Spe
~ Fly
~ Leaf Blade
~ Earthquake/Headbutt/Body Slamjust don't do headbutt give it to a pokemon you don't use anyway
~ Roost/Swords Dance

comends in bold ^

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Poliwrath (Adamant)
w/ Leftovers
-Rock Slide/Ice Punch
-Focus Punch
-Substitute
-Waterfall

like this? or what..

Substitute is a better idea for Focus Punch as if you're on wifi you're limited by the sleep clause. Besides, Sub protects it from status and whatnot, helps it scout. Ice Punch could be used over Rock Slide, better accuracy and hits Altaria harder. He isn't really that fast to abuse the Rock Slide flinch rate.

Hawkflight

Psychic Cyndaquil
302.png

Sableye (Nature Unknown) @Spell Tag
Keen Eye
-Poison Jab
-Shadow Claw
-Embargo (versus those annoying gym leader/E4 item users >_>)
-Faint Attack

I'm thinking of replacing Embargo with Will-O-Wisp, but Embargo can be useful, especially against Gym Leaders and the Elite 4.

Irisfatum

The Sleepy Trainer
Thinking about making a Honchkrow before I take on the second incarnation of the Elite 4 in Soul Silver.

Moveset-wise, I'm thinking...

-Sucker Punch
-Brave Bird
-Heat Wave
-Night Slash

Since I intend to (eventually) incorporate Heat Wave into the set, what's the best nature? Lonely or Naive? I was thinking Lonely, since Sucker Punch makes up for the bleh speed...

302.png

Sableye (Nature Unknown) @Spell Tag
Keen Eye
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Claw Or Night Shade
-Recover
-Icy Wind

I'm thinking of replacing Embargo with Will-O-Wisp, but Embargo can be useful, especially against Gym Leaders and the Elite 4.

Sableye isn't much of an attacking Pokemon, so she's better used for support. Will-O-Wisp does extra damage, but is mainly used for softening up physical attackers.

Recover is obvious.

Night Shade can work if you want to deal consistent damage against the foe.

I listed Icy Wind as a support option as well. Icy Wind can lower the foe's Speed, which can help your teammates.

If you did want an attacking Sableye...

Sableye (Modest Nature) @Wise Glasses
~Ability: Keen Eye~
-Nasty Plot
-Shadow Ball
-Psychic
-Signal Beam/Will-O-Wisp

So many Pokemon are better at that role, specifically Spiritomb. Go with the first set instead.

Final

I Submit to No One
Thinking about making a Honchkrow before I take on the second incarnation of the Elite 4 in Soul Silver.

Moveset-wise, I'm thinking...

-Sucker Punch
-Brave Bird
-Heat Wave
-Night Slash

Since I intend to (eventually) incorporate Heat Wave into the set, what's the best nature? Lonely or Naive? I was thinking Lonely, since Sucker Punch makes up for the bleh speed...

Probably Naughty since it'll sort of soften the blow of priority attacks not that Honchkrow can really take a hit or anything since all priority Attacks except Vacuum Wave are Physical. Also, even with a Naive Nature, Honchkrow isn't super fast so the extra power is certainly worth considering.

Last edited:
This is a In-game typhlosion, so nothing major. She's currently lv. 56. I need some suggestions to get replacements of a couple moves. No egg moves or hard to get TMs, please. Also, I don't want to breed for another nature.

;157; Karin/Typhlosion [F]
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- Dig
- Lava Plume
- Double-Edge

Personally I like Lava Plume better then Flamethrower, so no changing it.
I want suggestions for replacements of Double-Edge and Flamethrower and possibly Dig.

This is a In-game typhlosion, so nothing major. She's currently lv. 56. I need some suggestions to get replacements of a couple moves. No egg moves or hard to get TMs, please. Also, I don't want to breed for another nature.

Hasty Nature
- Focus Blast
- EQ

- Lava Plume
- Thunder Punch

I want suggestions for replacements of Double-Edge and Flamethrower and possibly Dig.

This would be a mixed Typhlosion for ingame, with the easy TMs in mind (with the possible exception of EQ.) Focus Blast is for another strong Sp.Attack, hits Normal/Dark/Rock, etc types. EQ can work against other Rock types, as well as opposing Electric, Fire, Poison, etc. Thunder Punch for Water types.

Hawkflight

Psychic Cyndaquil

Hasty Nature
- Eruption
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Thunderpunch

Suggestions in bold, since that seems to be the hip thing to do. Eruption is a very powerful early-game move when Typhlosion is at full health, and thanks to his Hasty nature, there's a great chance you'll fire it off before your opponent has a chance to react. Earthquake provides great coverage, especially against some of Typhlosion's weaknesses. And Thunderpunch provides decent coverage against water-type pokemon. You could also give it a Choice Scarf to make sure it keeps striking first with Eruption, providing a powerful sweeper. Or, if you're convinced your opponent is slower than you, Choice Specs will boost its power even more.

Last edited:

Hawkflight

Psychic Cyndaquil
Speaking of Typhlosion, I could use some opinions on mine.

157.png

Typhlosion (Modest/Quick To Flee) @Unknown
Ability: Blaze
EVs: Undetermined
-Flamethrower
-Flare Blitz (later becomes Eruption)
-Focus Blast
-Extrasensory (I will not get rid of this one as my BFF worked hard to get it for my birthday <3)

Here's what I'm wondering. I like the look of using a Choice item with Eruption, but I can't decide which one. Choice Scarf would ensure I go first. But I get a speed boost thanks to his secondary nature, and Typhlosion's speed is already fairly impressive, so would it be better to go for Choice Specs to ensure a 1-hit KO?

Hawkflight

Psychic Cyndaquil
Okay, how about this? I'm kinda hesitant to suggest it, as it lacks a spammable fire move, but it does pack a bit more power.

Typhlosion (Modest/Quick To Flee) @Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: Undetermined
-Overheat
-Eruption
-Focus Blast
-Extrasensory (I will not get rid of this one as my BFF worked hard to get it for my birthday <3)

I start off running Eruption + Choice Scar at full HP. If the enemy gets a couple hits in, I can switch out, switch back in after a KO (or, as I call it, a free switch), and run Overheat under 1/3rd HP for massive damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.