• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
^ Eruption is a good move, but it's most viable on sets that use the Choice Scarf because of how it relies on you maintaining a high HP by moving first. If you aren't Scafed, then it has its risks unless you invest extremely heavily in Speed. And even then, it's not great.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Castform @ Wise Glasses
- Weather Ball
- Sunny Day / Hail / Rain Dance
- Flamethrower / Blizzard / Thunder (depending on weather move)
- Solarbeam / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam (depending on weather move)

Hawkflight

Psychic Cyndaquil
I need a good moveset for a Tyranitar. I've already got three moves, but I'm stumped as to what his last move should be.

Tyranitar
-Crunch
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-???
-Profit? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

I'm thinking maybe Payback, for a good surprise move (combined with his low Speed), what do you think?

Last edited:

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Curse, Dragon Dance or one of the elemental punches is probably your best bet.

AlCario

Banned
Payback is possible on Tyranitar, though it's redunant alongside and is less reliable than Crunch. Pretty much what ungulateman said.

@Hawkflight: You got the 4,000th post in the thread and you failed to acknowledge it in your post! ARRRRGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

knobfire

I need movesets,NOW!
Ummm... I need help on a blaziken set...
I have two options open:
I can run either:
Blaziken@Life Orb
Mild
56Atk 252SpAtk 200Sp
-Superpower
-Thunderpunch
-Vacuum Wave
-Fire Blast/Heat Wave/ Flamethrower

Or

Blaziken@White Herb
Lonely
252Atk 56SpA 200Sp
-Superpower
-Vacuum Wave
-Overheat
-Thunderpunch

Which one is the better set here and if there is anything you would change, please don't hesitate to tell me!

darksteel460

slice and dice
@knobfire
Blaziken@choice band
adamant@ ev attack and hp/speed*
-swords dance
-sky uppercut
-brave bird
-blaze kick/ flare blitz

AlCario

Banned
@knobfire
Blaziken@choice band
adamant@ ev attack and hp/speed*
-swords dance
-sky uppercut
-brave bird
-blaze kick/ flare blitz

Why would you run Choice Band and Swords Dance on the same set? Lern to raet pl0x

@knobfire (epic username btw): Use your first set. Flamethrower or Fire Blast in the last slot for a reliable STAB move. Move those Atk EVs into Spe; he needs all the speed he can get.

knobfire

I need movesets,NOW!
Wow still lolling over that darksteel post...but thanks, alcario...!

Last edited:

Hawkflight

Psychic Cyndaquil
Okay, I'm having an interesting time with Scizor. Here's what I have so far:

Scizor @Shell Bell
Nature: Impish
Ability: Technician
-Bug Bite
-Bullet Punch
-Superpower
-Swords Dance

Bug Bite is there for the boost from Technician, same with Bullet Punch (which is also a priority attack). Superpower is there to cover fellow steel types, and if I'm facing a fire type ... I'm getting the hell out of Dodge.

Thing is, I'm a little iffy on his speed, or lack of it. I'm wondering if I should replace one of these moves with Agility. Problem is, I'm not sure which of these moves I can give up.

Should I just not evolve Scyther, and leave him as is? I lose a little defense and a smidge of attack, but I gain a lot of speed, which is good for a sweeper. In this case, I would replace Bullet Punch with Aerial Ace, and Superpower with either Brick Break or Rock Smash. I'm not sure which, here: Brick Break is 15 BP more powerful, but Rock Smash has a very good chance to lower the foe's Defense. Thoughts on this?

Last edited:

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Leftovers or Muscle Band > Shell Bell.

Brick Break or Roost over Supoerpower. Lowering your attack and defence defeats the point of this set.

Stick with Scizor, the Steel typing is well worth it.

Hawkflight

Psychic Cyndaquil
If that's the case, then should I have Agility in there somewhere?

With all due respect, how the heck is Leftovers better than Shell Bell?

Last edited:

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
You have Bullet Punch. You don't need to boost your speed.

Leftovers will always heal you. Shell Bell will give you the same amount if you KO a Pokemon every single turn, but if you don't, you heal less. 'Lack of reliability', I guess.

What's a good EV spread for a sweeping Kingler? Is putting EVs into speed useless if I want to use a choice scarf?

gamerdude123

my first shiny
i have got an altaria

altaria@leftovers
evs 252 hp 252 atk 6 speed

moves
dd
eq
outrage
aerial ace

for use in the uu category, its a twist on the dd set on smogon i used ace for shedija so i can hit all uu for neutral damage

Arsel

I want to know your opinions on this Blastoise set:

Blastoise@Leftovers/Wise Glasses
Modest
176 HP, 252 SAtt, 80 Spe
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-HP [Grass]
-Toxic/??

Basically a bulky Special Attacker. What I'm most unsure about is the last attack and the EP-spread. 80 Speed with my IV's gets me past 0-4 speed neutral nature base 80, such as Altaria, Venusaur and Togekiss. Maximum special attack is obvious and the rest were dumped into HP.
Surf and Ice Beam doesn't need to be explained. HP [Grass] gives almost the same coverage as HP [Electric]. Toxic is there since I don't really know what to use instead.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Hawkflight

Psychic Cyndaquil
How's this set for a Leafeon?

Leafeon @NotAClue
Adamant Nature
-Leaf Blade
-Return
-Swords Dance
-Dig

I know Dig's not the best move, but it seemed like the best option. (It's the only move that can ward off Steel types that it can learn as far as I can see.)

P.S.: Please no egg moves or HP moves. They're a pain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.