• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
I'm trying to change my grass and water types for my team, so I came up with Milotic for water, and I'm still undecided about grass (I might stay with Roserade, but any other suggestions would be great).

Milotic @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
Ability: Marvel Scale
-Aqua Ring/Dragon Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Mirror Coat
Change in bold.

How about Breloom for your Grass -type? Does it have to be a special sweeper?

Breloom @ Toxic
Adamant Nature
Ability: Poison Heal
-Facade
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb

jumpluff.png

Jumpluff@Heat Rock
Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Atk)/Hasty ((+Spd, -Def)
Trait: Chlorophyll
252 HP, 252 Speed, 6 Def

Sleep Powder
Sunny Day/ Leech Seed/ U Turn
HP Fire/ HP Water
Solarbeam/ Grass Knot

Yes, I am obsessed with Sunny Day teams xD

HP Water and Grass Knot is walled by Shedinja and Grass and Dragons I think. With only the second common so you also have the choice between Leech Seed or U Turn, again Leech Seed walled by Grass but gives some sort of offense on Water-Flying Types while U Turn gives Grass Coverage but is walled by WaterFlying. If you go SunnyBeaming then HP Fire

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Milotic @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Marvel Scale
-Rest
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf
-Sleep Talk

The best set for Milo, the ResTalk set. Water + Dragon is walled only by Shedinja & Empoleon.

Changed Groudon:

Groudon @ Choice Band/Muscle Band
Adamant Nature
Ability: Drought
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Brick Break/Aerial Ace/Shadow Claw/Swords Dance/Fire Punch/Overheat

How about this then?

comments in bold, just so it gets something that benefits from Drought.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
HP Water and Grass Knot is walled by Shedinja and Grass and Dragons I think. With only the second common so you also have the choice between Leech Seed or U Turn, again Leech Seed walled by Grass but gives some sort of offense on Water-Flying Types while U Turn gives Grass Coverage but is walled by WaterFlying. If you go SunnyBeaming then HP Fire

1. HP Water is hindered by Sunny Day, so that is a no go.
2. The whole strategy behind this is Sleep-Sunny-U-Turn, so that the receiving pogey has the maximum number of turns to attack. Solar Beam is thing in case Jumpluff is the last pogey.

Scizito_92

koledge graduit!!!11
Change in bold.

How about Breloom for your Grass -type? Does it have to be a special sweeper?

Breloom @ Toxic
Adamant Nature
Ability: Poison Heal
-Facade
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb
Either that Breloom or this...

Shiftry @
Modest Nature
Ability: Early Bird/Chlorophyll
-Extrasensory
-Rest/Sunny Day (if chlorophyll)
-Energy Ball/SolarBeam (if chlorophyll)
-Nasty Plot/Agility

(I'm not too sure if using a Shiftry to fight would be a great idea, I just really like it.)
The best set for Milo, the ResTalk set. Water + Dragon is walled only by Shedinja & Empoleon.

I was actaully thinking of a set sort of like that. I'll probably try that and my original set to see which I like best.

Last edited:

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
dpmfb185.png

Sudowoodo@Leftovers
Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Rock Head
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Rock Polish
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Fire Punch

Just as fearsome as Choice Band Geodude.

dpmfb400.png

Bibarel@Leichi Berry/Leftovers
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Simple
252 Atk, 252 HP,6 Def

Curse
Quick Attack
Rest
Sleep Talk/Amnesia

El Panda

No Present For You!
One of these days i actualy will use one of those plentiful number of Bibarel Movesets Random has xD

Hmm this is random but I'll post it anyways, I used to use this Blissey set all the time when I first started out in Pokemon, so excuse the lameness

Blissey(Natures were nothing to me then)@Leftovers/Brightpowder
Natural Cure
EVs: Nope
-Minimize
-Toxic
-Sofboiled
-Protect/Seismic Toss

Completely walled by Gengar, but meh, I didn't care back then

If you wanna ignore Blissey, rate this:

Swampert(Quiet)@Life Orb/Leftovers
Torrent
EVs:252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 Atk or 176 Atk, 80 HP, 252 SpA (Still working on the EVs)
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Surf
-HP Electric

And woul anyone know if Batton Passed stats increasements are affected by Simple?

Last edited:

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
^You might as well use Ice Beam>Avalanche on Swampert, seeing as it will hit (most) Dragons harder and you're boosting your Special Attack anyways.

El Panda

No Present For You!
If I use the Latter EV Spread My Attack will be higher, and chances are that I'll always hit after Dragons, so I prefer Avalanche

Meh I'll test both out

Last edited:

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
I'm posting EV's more often now. Hmmm. I never used to before though.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
Ability: Serene Grace
EV's: 252 HP/252 sp.atk/6 spd
-Softboiled
-Seismic Toss
-Flamethrower/Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt/Psychic

It just couldn't go unignored.=) And if you think that's lame, check this out:

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Natural Cure
-Substitute
-Stealth Rock
-Light Screen
-Psychic

The amazing thing is, it actually works for me. Totally walled by Dark- and Steel-types, but hey, I don't use this baby against those. Ergo, I switch out. If it's the last one left, then I'm dead. I normally use this with my Steelix, and I don't know why.

Randomn00b, I put Grass Knot over Sunny Day if you happen to choose HP Water

Poke-friend, SR isnt necessary so maybe Seismic Toss though you're walled by Sableye and Spiritomb

EpicSeraph

seen regice lately?
whats a good moveset for a choice scarf, no-guard Machamp?

so far ive got:
Machamp, jolly@choice scarf
252atk/12hp/244spe

dynamic punch
ice punch
stone-edge
?

i thought about thunder punch, but dynamic punch deals just as much damage too waters and skarmory.

fire punch only hits scizor and forretress really...the confusion rate form dynamic punch helps against other bulky steels anyway.

bullet punch isnt that useful, since its already faster than pokemon like jolly garchomp, modest gengar etc...

so, what other useful moves is out there?

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪

so far ive got:
252atk/12hp/244spe

dynamic punch
ice punch
stone-edge
?

i thought about thunder punch, but dynamic punch deals just as much damage too waters and skarmory.

fire punch only hits scizor and forretress really...the confusion rate form dynamic punch helps against other bulky steels anyway.

bullet punch isnt that useful, since its already faster than pokemon like jolly garchomp, modest gengar etc...

Really the only other moves worthy of note (other than the ones you mentioned) on Scarfed Machamp are Payback and Sleep Talk. Payback hits Ghosts harder, and if by some fluke they hit you first (such as with Scarfed Gengar), absolutely destroys them. However, since you are running No Guard, neutral Stone Edge with 100% deals the same damage as super-effective Payback, so this might not be your best bet.

Sleep Talk lets you switch in on Sleep moves; that's about it. It's much better on a Guts Machamp for the attack boost, but it can still work with No Guard.

Really I would go with ThunderPunch though, to hit Gyarados and Slowbro hard.

EpicSeraph

seen regice lately?
Really the only other moves worthy of note (other than the ones you mentioned) on Scarfed Machamp are Payback and Sleep Talk. Payback hits Ghosts harder, and if by some fluke they hit you first (such as with Scarfed Gengar), absolutely destroys them. However, since you are running No Guard, neutral Stone Edge with 100% deals the same damage as super-effective Payback, so this might not be your best bet.

Sleep Talk lets you switch in on Sleep moves; that's about it. It's much better on a Guts Machamp for the attack boost, but it can still work with No Guard.

Really I would go with ThunderPunch though, to hit Gyarados and Slowbro hard.

ok, ill go with thunderpunch then i suppose. it will hit gyarados harder than stone edge i guess, and help conserve dynamic punch's low pp against other waters. would earthquake be useful or not really?

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
ok, ill go with thunderpunch then i suppose. it will hit gyarados harder than stone edge i guess, and help conserve dynamic punch's low pp against other waters. would earthquake be useful or not really?

It could be, since it hits Nidoqueen, Drapion, and Electivire harder than your other moves. However, none of those Pokemon are common ingame, and Dynamicpunch does a ton of damage to the last two, while Ice Punch hurts Nidoqueen. Additionally, none of them can threaten you with much. ThunderPunch hits the bulky Water-types that CAN pose a problem.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler

so far ive got:
252atk/12hp/244spe

dynamic punch
ice punch
stone-edge
?

You could go with Earthquake. QuakEdge is fun. But IcEdge does hit harder, and covers more types. I guess you could choose between Earthquake or, as Icosahedron has mentioned, Payback.

MMX

Reploid Trainer
My Houndoom:

houndoom [flash fire]
Timid @power herb/sun rock
EV: 252SATK/252SPD
-flamethrower
-dark pulse
-solarbeam
-nasty plot/sunny day

nasty plot boosts all three moves whilst sunny day boosts flamethrower and allows for continuous solarbeams as well as water damage reduction. which should i use?

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
^

Houndoom @ Life Orb/Power Herb
Timid Nature
Ability: Flash Fire
6 HP/252 2p.atk/252 spd
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Nasty Plot
-Thunder Fang/Solarbeam

Yours is fine, I guess.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I would go with Nasty Plot over Sunny Day and have Sunny Day support from another pokemon.

Houndoom @ Power Herb/Leftovers/Life Orb/Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Nature:Mild/Rash
Moves:
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Nasty Plot/Overheat
Dark Pulse
Will-O-Wisp/Solar Beam

The first three moves should be used with Power Herb/Leftovers/Life Orb,but the last two Items must NEVER be used with Nasty Plot for obvious reasons (Will-O-Wisp can be used with Choice Scarf ONLY,making him a hit-and-run Pokemon).Choose between accuracy v. power (Flamethrower vs Fire Blast).

I recommend Fire Blast/Nasty Plot/Dark Pulse/Will-O-Wisp (Will-O-Wisp is recommended as he really needs a Burned Physical Sweeper except for ones with Guts or Clefable with Magic Guard).Overheat is for hurting before you switch and Fire Blast/Flamethrower is if you are staying in (Fire Blast/Flamethrower and Overheat can go hand-in-hand).Solar Beam is for if you have Sunny Day support activated already by another Pokemon (he is too fragile to use Sunny Day,even though he has 80 SpD).I wouldn't go without NP,though,if I were you,in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.