• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ingame Single Rates/Single Movesets Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delcatty is, to be frank, a horrible Pokemon. If you still want to use it, any of these three sets are viable:

Delcatty @ Leftovers
Impish / Bold
Trait: Cute Charm
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpDef (or Speed)
~ Body Slam / Sing / Thunderbolt / Ice Beam
~ Substitute / Protect
~ Calm Mind / Wish
~ Baton Pass

Lol all these sets are copied and pasted from Smogon but how little the amount of thought that was put into those sets was baffling. On a Calm Mind or Charge Beam passer, do not use Attack EVs. Truth be told, you're not hurting much with 252 Atk either so that can be ditched. If you're using Calm Mind, you're better off pumping your Defence up. If you're going to focus solely on passing Substitutes, 252 Speed couldn't hurt but Defence will more than likely be the way to go. Speed EVs here are pretty much useless.

Delcatty @ Leftovers
Impish / Bold
Trait: Normalize
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Atk (or SpAtk or SpDef)
~ Thunder Wave
~ Sing
~ Heal Bell / Wish
~ Return / Protect / Fake Out / Sucker Punch [/b]/ Icy Wind[/b]

Delcatty @ Salac Berry
Jolly
Trait: Cute Charm
12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Assist
~ Substitute
~ Return / Body Slam
~ Payback / Faint Attack / Sucker Punch

No, that last one should not be used unless you're building an Assist team and in-game, that's foolishness.

I realise I criticised Smogon for "putting little thought into their EVs" and then used 252/252 spreads but you will need to pump up Delcatty's defensive stats (and Defence is better than its SpDef) so it can stay alive. Its support options are vastly better than its offensive options so focus on keeping it alive and taking the odd defensive hit with a Wish/Protect combo or paralysing Ground-types for fun.

Tenilius

What's a good alternative of Cross Chop for an Electivire?
So far I have this set:

Electivire (No Nature) @Expert Belt / Life Orb
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch
-???

I'm not re-breeding for a specific move but I have Platinum so I can tutor it something from there.

goldgolem

tell me when to go
i finished EV training my Porygon-Z and this is how i have it so far:

Porygon-Z@Wise Glasses
Adaptability
Modest nature
252 Sp. Att/252 Spd/6 hp

Psychic
Nasty Plot
Signal Beam
Tri Attack

im wondering if it can be better or not with the attacks

What's a good alternative of Cross Chop for an Electivire?
So far I have this set:

Electivire (No Nature) @Expert Belt / Life Orb
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch
-???

I'm not re-breeding for a specific move but I have Platinum so I can tutor it something from there.
Brick Break would be a good option. It can hit through Reflect too.

goldgolem said:
i finished EV training my Porygon-Z and this is how i have it so far:

Porygon-Z@Wise Glasses
Adaptability
Modest nature
252 Sp. Att/252 Spd/6 hp

Psychic
Nasty Plot
Signal Beam
Tri Attack

im wondering if it can be better or not with the attacks
Psychic doesn't offer the best coverage, to be honest.

Porygon-Z could go with Thunderbolt and Ice Beam over Psychic and Signal Beam. Electric/Ice is a good offensive combination. Dark Pulse could go over Thunderbolt or Ice Beam too... or over Nasty Plot instead with a Choice Specs/Scarf attached.

Tenilius

Thank You, now I have another moveset idea for my Meganium:

;154; @ Leftovers
-Energy Ball
-Earthquake
-Hidden Power[Ice]
-Synthesis

How's that?

Tadashi

kiss my greens
I currently have a lv.100 Swampert with a Naughty nature, but it's stats suggest it would be great as a Mixpert. (There are only about a handful of stat points between it's Attack and Special Attack). I got it in a GTS trade, and the set is as such:

- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm
- Mud Bomb

I myself was thinking of:

- Surf
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- and... something else >>;

Case and point, can anyone recommend a decent Mixpert?

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Is this a good set for the Battle Tower? This is my new awesome lead, but wanted some critism:

Togekiss @ Modest
Serene Grace @ Quick Claw (to pull off a Thunderwave)
252 SpA/252 SpD/6 HP
~Thunderwave
~Nasty Plot
~Air Slash
~Aura Sphere

I'm not exactly sure on the EV's, as I got it in a trade, but I will post them later...

^I don't really know much about Leafeon, so sorry I cant help^

Which is a better option as an Ice attack on a Weavile for Battle Tower, and maybe WiFi:

Weavile @ Jolly
Focus Sash @ Pressure
252 Attack/252 Speed/6 HP
~Ice Punch/Ice Shard
~Night Slash
~Brick Break
~Swords Dance

Focus Sash is there because I Swords Dance the first turn, and they (in Battle Tower) tend to attack. I survive, outspeed them, and KO them with Ice Punch or Night Slash.

What is the best Eeveelution for a Shiny Calm Eevee? I can't get egg moves, or change nature, but I can get Platinum move tutors.

Unanswered for a page, reposting.

I realise I criticised Smogon for "putting little thought into their EVs" and then used 252/252 spreads but you will need to pump up Delcatty's defensive stats (and Defence is better than its SpDef) so it can stay alive. Its support options are vastly better than its offensive options so focus on keeping it alive and taking the odd defensive hit with a Wish/Protect combo or paralysing Ground-types for fun.

Just so you know, I usually use my own EV Spreads. But when rating In-Game, I usually just suggest generic Smogon sets because that's usually what people want to see.

Can anyone give suggestions for movesets for shellos/gastrodon? (Im kinda new to pokemon...)

Well, Gastrodon is basically a worse Swampert, but it does have a few things that go for it over him. I would suggest using him to the things that he can do that Swampert can't.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Impish / Bold
~ Stockpile
~ Recover
~ Toxic
~ Earthquake / Surf

Recover and Stockpile combo good with Toxic, and this is something big brother 'Pert can't do.

I currently have a lv.100 Swampert with a Naughty nature, but it's stats suggest it would be great as a Mixpert. (There are only about a handful of stat points between it's Attack and Special Attack). I got it in a GTS trade, and the set is as such:

- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm
- Mud Bomb

I myself was thinking of:

- Surf
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- and... something else >>;

Case and point, can anyone recommend a decent Mixpert?

I would just go with the Standard MixPert:

~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Earthquake
~ Stone Edge

Roar and Stealth Rock can go over either of the non-STAB Moves, and I wouldn't suggest using Roar without Stealth Rock, unless you have another SR user on your team.

Last edited:

desyple

rank 10 ranger
i need peoples opinions on what i should do for a pokemon on my ingame team. should i evolve my lv 47 scyther, with 135,130,93,77,96,105 in hp,atk,def.,spatk,spdef.,speed respectively, to a scizor? what would be the pros and cons to doing so?? please pm me with responses or just post them here. thanks

desyple

rank 10 ranger
i need peoples opinions on what i should do for a pokemon on my ingame team. should i evolve my lv 47 scyther, with 135,130,93,77,96,105 in hp,atk,def.,spatk,spdef.,speed respectively, to a scizor? what would be the pros and cons to doing so?? please pm me with responses or just post them here. thanks

Torterra

I have a torterra that I may use for the battle frontier:
Torterra
Brave nature
Leftovers/Expert Belt/Lum Berry/choice band (somewhat undecided)
Seed Bomb
Earthquake
Leech Seed
Crunch/Stealth Rock/Stone Edge/Synthesis

As you can see, I'm undecided on the fourth move and item. I chose seed bomb over wood hammer because of the recoil, but the fourth move is up in the air. Stone Edge hits flying types, crunch hits psychics and ghosts, synthesis increases staying power, and stealth rock works well with leech seed (not that useful in-game but will be against battle frontier (as well as gym rematches.)

Hoppip

I have a Lickylicky planned out for the Battle Frontier but not sure what moves and item to give it.Can i have some help please?

Lickylicky@leftovers?
-Ice beam
-EQ
-
-

Tadashi

kiss my greens
foxyman: the set on Togekiss is great, but Quick Claw is generally considered a "hax" item, so I would suggest swapping it with another item, such as Lefties. Also, Weavile is just great.

As for the Calm Eevee, I'd choose Vaporeon or Glaceon as its evolution.

Glaceon:
Focus Sash
- Ice Shard / Hail
- Mirror Coat
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam / Blizzard

(Use Blizzard & Hail together for best results)

Vaporeon:
Leftovers
- Surf
- Toxic / Protect
- Acid Armor / Aqua Ring
- Baton Pass (Eevee learns at lv.36)

Since you have no egg moves, I worked with what I could.

Mime Senior:

Meganium (Bold / Modest)
Leftovers
- Toxic
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Energy Ball

desyple: we would need a nature and moveset if you want help.

PkmnTrainer5: Impish is usually the nature to go with Torterra. Give it Lefties, and Crunch.

Hoppip:

Lickilicky (Relaxed)
Ability: Own Tempo
Item: Lagging Tail / Lefties
- Gyro Ball
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm (egg move)
- Explosion

Hope that helps, everyone!

Arsel

What about this Gliscor?

Gliscor (Impish) @Leftovers
Trait: ??
EVs: 252 HP, 216 Speed, 40 Def
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Roost
-Swords Dance/Ice Fang/Stealth Rock

I need help with the last move (and coments in general). It shall be used in the Battle Tower, along with Ninjask (Baton passing Swords Dance + Speed Boosts) but it should be able to act on its own as well.

Scizor22

<< Rawr!!!
On this team
Piplup
Gliscor
Leafeon
Flygon
Magnezone

should I have houndoom or heracross as my last guy?

Icosahedron

レミオロメン♪
What about this Gliscor?

Gliscor (Impish) @Leftovers
Trait: ??
EVs: 252 HP, 216 Speed, 40 Def
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Roost
-Swords Dance/Ice Fang/Stealth Rock

I need help with the last move (and coments in general). It shall be used in the Battle Tower, along with Ninjask (Baton passing Swords Dance + Speed Boosts) but it should be able to act on its own as well.

The standard ingame Gliscor has Earthquake/Swords Dance/Roost/Ice Fang. It's the set that I would recommend, even though you are planning on using it in the Battle Tower. Don't bother with Stealth Rock ingame.

The reason for Ice Fang > Stone Edge is mainly accuracy; accuracy is extremely important in the Battle Tower. Also, the attacking combination of Ground/Ice gets more coverage than Ground/Rock (Bronzong is the only main Pokemon ingame who resists Ground/Ice, but there are a handful who resist Ground/Rock, such as Torterra, Breloom, Flygon, Bronzong, etc). Still, Stone Edge is more powerful, and is your best move against Pokemon like Abomasnow, Moltres, Yanmega, etc. Ice Fang is better overall, but it's ultimately up to personal preference (and perhaps the third member of your Battle Tower team).

Oh, and for the trait/ability, definitely go with Sand Veil. You don't want your attacks missing when there's a Sandstorm present (and trust me, there are a lot of Tyranitars and Hippowdons when you get further in the Battle Tower).

Scizor22 said:
should I have houndoom or heracross as my last guy?

Whoa there buddy, this thread is for moveset rates. Isn't there an "Ask a Question" thread somewhere?

But I would recommend Houndoom, since three of your other Pokemon are weak to Ice-type attacks (and Piplup's frailty also means that it's not quite the best Pokemon to stand up to them either). Heracross's pure power is nice to have, but you really need another Ice resist besides Magnezone, especially considering that there's an entire GYM devoted to the type.

Arsel

The standard ingame Gliscor has Earthquake/Swords Dance/Roost/Ice Fang. It's the set that I would recommend, even though you are planning on using it in the Battle Tower. Don't bother with Stealth Rock ingame.

The reason for Ice Fang > Stone Edge is mainly accuracy; accuracy is extremely important in the Battle Tower. Also, the attacking combination of Ground/Ice gets more coverage than Ground/Rock (Bronzong is the only main Pokemon ingame who resists Ground/Ice, but there are a handful who resist Ground/Rock, such as Torterra, Breloom, Flygon, Bronzong, etc). Still, Stone Edge is more powerful, and is your best move against Pokemon like Abomasnow, Moltres, Yanmega, etc. Ice Fang is better overall, but it's ultimately up to personal preference (and perhaps the third member of your Battle Tower team).

Oh, and for the trait/ability, definitely go with Sand Veil. You don't want your attacks missing when there's a Sandstorm present (and trust me, there are a lot of Tyranitars and Hippowdons when you get further in the Battle Tower).

My 3rd team member changes a bit, probably Zapdos, Starmie or Jolteon. Starmie has an Ice attack, Zapdos doesn't and I haven't bred for a Jolteon yet so I don't know the HP.
However, I thought that Sandstorm only lowered the accuracy of Pokémons which where not Ground, Steel or Rock?

Status
Not open for further replies.