• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Initial D

Haunter ゴースト

So i only just watched this series recently (all 6 stages) and man for somebody who likes racing, it was great. Surprisingly, it had more than just racing though and had quite a lot of cool interesting characters with some development along the side granted it wasn't the best by far, it was still nice to be there. The music for the anime was phenomenal and suited the show perfectly and the animation, it's amazing how far it improved from the First stage through to the Final.

I did have one thing that annoyed me a lot:

I really disliked the lack of closure for almost every character apart from Takami, despite his also being rushed. A lot of pointless dialogue was included in the Final Stage which could have been removed to make the race end sooner - the entire final episode should have been dedicated to closure if you ask me.

I dislike how Takami suddenly decided to retire racing, that should have been fleshed out more. Some kind of resolution with Takami and Keisuke would have been nice whether it was both of them racing into the distance with no answer as to who won.

I thought Shinji's future would have been revealed considering the final four episodes fleshed out his character but alas as soon as the race was over he's gone for good.

I also wanted Iketani to meet with Mako again and for Itski to meet a different female interest, it just seemed weird how the female interests were introduced only to disappear after a few episodes.

Lastly, i always felt like Bunta was going to have some kind of important role... unfortunately not though.

Anyhow regardless of all this and the rushed ending, i did feel it still concluded things - it just could have been a LOT better.

Overall, i'd give the entire series a 7/10. I found it really enjoyable and addicting - this may be because i was expecting things to happen/resolve at the end though.

Let me know what you think about the series.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i can say this series literally influenced my music and preference in cars. ive always liked dance music 80s-2005ish. super eurobeat is very good imo and still is. personally i dont see any ties to modern pop dance music, atleast not any current style i like to listen to.

this series is one of my favorite series of all anime. its 1st racing series imo. despite Takumi's luck in many battles, its kept my interest very well. still would've liked to see an ofiicial defeat to fight back from though. ive seen the first 5 seasons completely 3x BC its so good. its atleast 8/10 for me. still a bit annoyed with the female interests in the series but cant do much a bout that.

regarding yopur spoilers: was that from the last stage movie or the last levin/trueno battle?

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

i can say this series erally influenced my music and preference in cars. ive always liked dance music 80s-2005ish. super eurobeat is very good imo and still is. personally i dont see any ties to modern pop dance music, atleast not any current style i like to listen to.

this series is one of my favorite series of all anime. its 1st racing series imo. despite Takumi's luck in many battles, its kept my interest very well. still would've liked to see an ofiicial defeat to fight back from though. ive seen the first 5 seasons completely 3x BC its so good. its atleast 8/10 for me. still a bit annoyed with the female interests in the series but cant do much a bout that.

Ah i must agree Takumi did get very lucky at times but he was still a phenomenal driver regardless. I always counted his loss in stage two as an official one since he blew the engine. But yeah i did expect to see at least one more. As for the female interests, i really disliked Takumi's first one (forgot her name). I'm so glad he ended up with the other one instead. And yeah as i said above, Itski and Ikitane could have had some closure.

regarding yopur spoilers: was that from the last stage movie or the last levin/trueno battle?

It's about the series ending so the levin/trueno battle, not the new movie which i have yet to watch :)

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Ah i must agree Takumi did get very lucky at times but he was still a phenomenal driver regardless. I always counted his loss in stage two as an official one since he blew the engine. But yeah i did expect to see at least one more. As for the female interests, i really disliked Takumi's first one (forgot her name). I'm so glad he ended up with the other one instead. And yeah as i said above, Itski and Ikitane could have had some closure.

It's about the series ending so the levin/trueno battle, not the new movie which i have yet to watch :)

ty for the reply. i can understand Mogi as she had her own separate path in life and his second was a bit questionable (despite her passion for a green hobby) for her age. Iketani did have his closesure, Itsuki, not so much. Mako had a great goal to go accomplish and would do well imo. Iketani could support her but wont be close to her. its Kyoko and Keisiuke which disappointed me the most how he harshly ended it. then again Keisuke was a 1 track mind so it did make some sense in it.

as for the new movie im watchin P1 of it now. no eurobeat music in it bet there is the rock music in it. god forbid they ever put back that "tricked up" rap music that can wake up an entire graveyard with the music alone.

watching se1 just for the first Keisuke/Takumi is a very bad idea for me in general. as soon as the arc ends, i want to see the other battles that follow. before i know it, i end up marathoning all seasons.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

ty for the reply. i can understand Mogi as she had her own separate path in life

Honestly yeah Mogi's story was wrapped up, althought personally i didn't like how she messed Takumi about so i was happy to see her go. His second love interest was much nicer haha.

Iketani did have his closesure, Itsuki, not so much. Mako had a great goal to go accomplish and would do well imo. Iketani could support her but wont be close to her.

I literally just watched the extra stage now - i take it back, after watching Iketani and Mako got the closure they needed - i'm surprised they left it out of the main show really since it was quite an important plot point. Itsuki, i don't know i feel he did get closure especially after the other girl ditched him, i'm just surprised he didn't end up with anybody but i suppose that fit his 'lonely driver' phrase.

its Kyoko and Keisiuke which disappointed me the most how he harshly ended it. then again Keisuke was a 1 track mind so it did make some sense in it.

Yeah i was gutted about this, i was hoping he'd eventually equal both his racing and relationship out though once Project D ended.

as for the new movie im watchin P1 of it now. no eurobeat music in it bet there is the rock music in it. god forbid they ever put back that "tricked up" rap music that can wake up an entire graveyard with the music alone.

watching se1 just for the first Keisuke/Takumi is a very bad idea for me in general. as soon as the arc ends, i want to see the other battles that follow. before i know it, i end up marathoning all seasons.

After the extra stage, i just watched the new movie and ahhhhhh so good. The animation and pacing was beautiful. Shame about the music being replaced but i still found it quite entertaining and pumped up.

Good luck, i hope i influenced you to marathon it haha.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Honestly yeah Mogi's story was wrapped up, althought personally i didn't like how she messed Takumi about so i was happy to see her go. His second love interest was much nicer haha.

I literally just watched the extra stage now - i take it back, after watching Iketani and Mako got the closure they needed - i'm surprised they left it out of the main show really since it was quite an important plot point. Itsuki, i don't know i feel he did get closure especially after the other girl ditched him, i'm just surprised he didn't end up with anybody but i suppose that fit his 'lonely driver' phrase.

Yeah i was gutted about this, i was hoping he'd eventually equal both his racing and relationship out though once Project D ended.

After the extra stage, i just watched the new movie and ahhhhhh so good. The animation and pacing was beautiful. Shame about the music being replaced but i still found it quite entertaining and pumped up.

Good luck, i hope i influenced you to marathon it haha.

id have hoped Mogi would've worked out somehow though she got written out. Itsuki is a bit of a running joke to begin with despite his good chances to get a girl.

id have rather him sidelined Kyoko until his schedule could handle the distraction too. she even saved his butt when the evo team put that oil trap for his FD. id think he'd consider to stay as friends rather than telling her to keep away.

the movie music did fit the scenes but it didnt have the presence the eurobeat had like in stage 3 movie. i can safely say that my desire to rewtch the series has passed over. got a long list of current series and i might get along to catch up to Naruto shipuden sometime in the next 20 years.

Haunter ゴースト

id have hoped Mogi would've worked out somehow though she got written out.

Fair enough, i really didn't like her - she just seemed like the sort of girl who would mess the main character around and she did just that. The new girl was really cool and new she liked Takumi from the start.

id have rather him sidelined Kyoko until his schedule could handle the distraction too. she even saved his butt when the evo team put that oil trap for his FD. id think he'd consider to stay as friends rather than telling her to keep away.

Yeah i agree, even just a little 5/10 second clip during the ending of them together talking would have been fine.

the movie music did fit the scenes but it didnt have the presence the eurobeat had like in stage 3 movie. i can safely say that my desire to rewtch the series has passed over. got a long list of current series and i might get along to catch up to Naruto shipuden sometime in the next 20 years.

Again, i agree haha. Ah, i'm gonna lay off the longer anime's for a while i think. I did plow through Initial D but it was time consuming.

-

Here's to Inital D Movie 2 next week!

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I understood both of takumis interests. Both had thongs they were good at though I found the 2nd girl was a bit young, a few years older and its fits better.

thats one reason reason why I dont plan to marathon the series, takes some time to reach se4 to begin with.