• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Initial Poll

Vote for the best entry here!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WSC_InitPoll_01.png

WSC_InitPoll_02.png
WSC_InitPoll_04.png

Another week, another poll!​

PLEASE READ THE VOTING RULES BEFORE YOU ACTUALLY ENTER YOUR VOTES IN THE POLLS​

Welcome visitors to the initial polls for Week 132!

Theme: Initial
Task: 750 x 200 pixel banner for the Initial Polls revamp of the WSC including rules of fame, resources and the rules!

Remember the voting rules!
* Voting lasts 7 days.
* Anyone can vote in these polls.
* You are unable to vote for yourself.
* You are also not allowed to gather people to vote for you or hold bias.
* Based on the number of entries, you can vote for 1 of them.
* You ONLY can have 3 votes altogether. This means you can't vote for 3 entries here and another 3 in the other poll threads. (well you can but then your other 3+ votes will not count)
* While voting, it is recommended that you explain why you chose that entry.
* You cannot bash anyone's entry but constructive criticism is allowed.

Now for the entries! Good luck to everyone!

Fused
wscinitialbanner.png

Bekidding
Polls%252520Banner.jpg

Nick Alert
zKgQO.png

Burakoru

Belly Slide
D: Not a single vote, wow.

I voted Nick Alert as, I like the use of Smeargle, plus, must admit, better than mine.

seriously, nota singlevote?

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Fused
I quite like the effect giving through use of the original starters, and the pixel overs look quite nice.
However, it looks a bit bright to me, what with the multiple use of pale colors.

Bekidding
It looks like a few sprites slapped on a generated background with some text, to me. Not to mention it looks .jpg (correct me if I'm wrong). It would've been nice to see some more sprite-y work, like "home-made" text and the like.

Nick Alert
I quite like this one. The general effect the multiple Smeargle create is a well applied one. I especially like that you used sprites from various games (correct me if I'm wrong) coupled with a pixel over.

My vote goes to Nick Alert

kamionero

Nick Alert's is sooo good... but fused is also good and so colorful and happy lol... I have to vote for Fuse.

Nick Alert

Helplessly Confused.
As all of you can probably tell, 31 people so far have voted in this poll, meaning at least 31 people actively visit the spriting forum. Now why don't we have at least 31 entries each time?

kamionero

As all of you can probably tell, 31 people so far have voted in this poll, meaning at least 31 people actively visit the spriting forum. Now why don't we have at least 31 entries each time?

Lol i made one but it sucked... besides i was late hahaha

Banner.png

Aquakip

Mud in my veins

I participate in the ones that interest me, or the ones that I have time to be able to participate in.

I'm sure that is what others do as well. But I am curious as to why there aren't as many entries as you'd think there would be with this many people voting.

-Raiga-

Perhaps because the VAST majority of people voting on this poll are just people who checked the forum once, seen that the poll was just about the ONLY recent thing in the forum going on, and voted it in it. It doesn't mean they actively check the forum, nor that they've done a sprite in their life.

And THEN, factor in how many people have enough free time to do a banner, one thats but a few weeks after a previous banner contest, and I'm sure you can do the math from there.

Cassiopeia

No more massacres.
Voting for Fused.
Also, I regularly lurk this forum (and I'm sure other people do too). I think that the reason that this week only got three entries was because of the amount of planning and effort it takes to make a banner.

I really can't do banners very well. I can't do pixel overs at all. I'm not concerned with making these skills better, so I don't enter the weeks. Or, I don't have the time.

I voted for you, Nick. Out of the two of you (Fused being the other) I felt on balance that I preferred it and it was a slightly better entry.

EzzPeon

just a passerby
I voted for Nick Alert. I always loved Smeargle, and on top of that I really like the pixel-over and the general layout of the banner.