• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Input on rarest/most desirable Pokeball/Pokémon combo to acquire?

keithpetrosky

I stopped playing Pokémon after gold/silver, and began again once ultra sun and moon came out, so I’ve missed a lot on breeding and what Pokeballs and Pokémon combo are most sought after or hardest to get so you’ll have to excuse my novice knowledge on this, I have been reading up on it trying to understand.

My goal with US/UM is to get the rarest and most sought after Pokémon/Pokeball combos to breed more of, and find over GTS.

From reading, I see Safari, Bug catching ball, and dream ball Pokémon are highly sought after, as well as starters and fossil in anything but Pokeball, but with island scan bringing starters back I am not sure if starters are rare in apricorn balls anymore. I also remember reading in HG/SS many safari Pokémon were sought after because of the lengthy days they took to find, again I don’t know if they are still rare or sought after since then or which ones are the most sought after. I also read snorlax and sudowoodo used to be rare in apricorn balls but now that their in US/UM I imagine they are easy to get in those balls.

I heard a debate ditto can be in safari ball but can’t find proof of it?

I’ve been looking at the Pokeball database here and it’s been helpful, but there’s so much information and I’ve missed a huge breeding gap and through the generations I realize rarity might have Changed for breeding availability’s, so any help is appreciated! I’d definitely like to focus on rarest safari, dream, sought after non Pokeball Pokémon and bug catching Pokémon I can catch/trade for in US/UM

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Cherish Balls could also be desirable due to them always containing event Pokémon.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I think Dream Balls are very rare since the method to get them now apart from breeding the Pokemon, isn't around anymore.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Ditto can be in Safari Balls since they can appear in the Wetland area of the HGSS Safari Zone. Fossil Pokemon in anything other than regular Poke Balls are also very rare as the Gen 5 Dream World is no longer active (even more so if they have a HA). Just be aware Fossil Pokemon in Apricorn, Safari, Sport and Beast Balls are illegitimate.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member

Saberu

Here's a list via Smogon: https://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/special_ball

Dream Radar Pokemon: Drifloon, Hoothoot, Igglybuff, Munna, Porygon, Ralts, Riolu, Shuckle, Sigilyph, Slowpoke, Smoochum, Spiritomb, Swablu, Togepi

If you see any Pokemon not on this list in a Dream Ball, most likely they're not legal ones.

What do you mean? Any Pokémon you could get from the dream world or from dream world events can be found in a dream ball. Nidoran, Eevee, lots of others. I even have Arceus in a dream ball!

Or did you mean the whole list on the site with all the dream world Pokémon? Sorry for assuming, then!

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
What do you mean? Any Pokémon you could get from the dream world or from dream world events can be found in a dream ball. Nidoran, Eevee, lots of others. I even have Arceus in a dream ball!

Or did you mean the whole list on the site with all the dream world Pokémon? Sorry for assuming, then!
Fair enough.

I meant in terms of the Dream World Pokemon in general. Forgot what you mentioned, since it's been a long time since the Dream World was around.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army

I’m guessing Manafi meant Pokémon you could only get through the web browser Dreamworld. Several Pokémon currently can’t be found having their HA when found in the wild. Furret is one example. Dream Radar is the only way other than Grottoes to find HA Pokémon other than the few that are guaranteed to have their HA like the Darmanitan outside Relic Castle or the Musharna in the Dreamyard.

Legitametly anything other that an ultra beast in a beast ball (The percentage is so low, even on some non-legendaries, that it's a guarantee not to capture). Plus, any non-legendary in a master ball is pretty rare.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I think Dream Balls are very rare since the method to get them now apart from breeding the Pokemon, isn't around anymore.
You can still get Pokemon in Dream Balls through the Dream Radar game, it's still available to download though unless you already got one when it was out a BW2 game is hard to get nowadays

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Isn't the combo sort of muddy at this point in gen7? Apart from cherish balls, fossil Pokemon and apricorn exclusive species, you can add any ball to the offspring for the most part thru the father side heritage. The majority of any combo is available apart from strictly event Pokemon and gen7 not having gen5 counterparts to pass on balls.

Getting them prior to gen7 is another story but the gen7 functions make it all more easy to pass the balls on. I got a legit ha furret in normal pokeball and a normal legit dream ball one in gen 7. The 50/50 odds pretty much made it a ha dream individual.

While still on topic, i do have a sport ball scythe line, how does that not revert to regular pokeball in getting sent forward to the next gen?

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Would genderless Pokemon get around that?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I'm referring more to gen4 to 5 transfer. Gen7 is easy to figure out.

keithpetrosky

I was looking into dream ball Pokémon and noticed Serebii has the Johto starters not able to be in dream balls, but previous and following gen starters able to; is this a mistake?