• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Insane Pokemon Captures

Caught Missingo with a PokeBall ಠ_ಠ

The Creator

I Rule All
Tornadus at full health with a quick ball.

Nesquik3D

<-- Want a DWF
Well I caught Zapdos in a Pokeball at full health in Leaf Green.

In Pokemon Blue, i got all the way to Mewtwo and i noticed i had only three pokeballs.

I catched him with full life in the first one if i remember correctly. Lol.

xDWarrior

Threw a Pokeball at full health Mewtwo. Caught it. LOLZ

mr.dragonite123

dragon master
Shiny metagross. Giant chasm. 1 pokemon. 1 HP (mine). 1 Pokeball. caught. Proceed to flip out

Ossus

Overseer
Abra appears after balls ammount of minutes spent chasing this thing down trying to catch it only to have it teleport away, long story short i caught it.... *Sigh* Pathetic...

SceptileFan

I AM RACCOON MAN
It was my 2nd try catching lugia on SoulSilver, and after him struggling to death the 1st time, I caught him with my first Dusk Ball...

Treecko's Awesomeness

Treecko is claimed!
Virizion. 1 hp. Asleep. Fifty something timer balls after fifty something moves. It took twenty freaking resets before I gave up and threw a great ball at full health out of spite. I caught it and proceeded to flick off my DS.

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
Mewtwo with my *last* Ultra Ball on Yellow. THe thing had torn through my team and I had only Pikachu left. Needless to say I was sweating bullets by the time that ball stopped shaking.

Rayquaza on Emerald - asleep but at full health - with only my 2nd ultra ball.

Lugia on SS burst out of 36 Ultra Balls...then proceeded to be caught by 1 Heavy Ball. Kurt, I will never insult your handiwork again.

Finally *drumroll* a shiny Machop, with my (again) *very last* safari ball on HG. I agonised over whether to throw mud or bait, and finally just went with luck. It was my lucky day :)

Lazy Shiny Hunter

(Insert witty line)
Although it was a while back, I once caught Regice with a Poke Ball in Emerald. A while after on my friend's Pearl I caught Regigigas with a Poke Ball... after about an hour or so and several Struggle KOs.

Dialga in Platinum, HP in red and no longer asleep. I had only my level 48 Bibarel left and was going to try again but decided to throw a Pokeball for the heck of it.

Mewtwo in HeartGold, HP in red and no status problems. Didn't want to risk fainting it so I threw a Pokeball and caught it.

Cresselia in Platinum was extremely pathetic. I could never attack her because she fled or the attack missed. I managed my Luxray to Thunderfang her causing her HP to be in red but after that she still managed to evade me. I finally caught her at night in a Quick Ball and named her Eclipse.

Caught Kyogre in emerald on the very first turn with a pokeball. I was shocked to say the least. And it had Modest nature with 29 Sp. Attack Iv's.

gunbomb90

NickR3ita
Always ready lots of pokeballs for capturing legendaries. I also had an experience where I tried to catch Lugia in SS, throwing almost 50 ultra and it didnt work. I soft reset and I threw 3 ultra and it was successful.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
Many years ago, back when Diamond and Pearl came out, I was playing Pearl and was attempting to capture Giratina. I was new to Pokemon at the time and I sucked at capturing legendaries. I brought Giratina to red health and proceeded to try many different Poke balls (you name it: Ultra balls, Great balls, Dusk balls, and even Timer balls. I was saving my Masterball in case it were necessary for other legends). Out of frustration, I then threw a Poke ball at it and said to myself, "If I catch this thing, I'll be so surprised."

One. Two. Three. Click!

"Oh my god! I caught Giratina in a Poke Ball!"

It had a great nature, too (jolly). Sadly, I got rid of it recently because I didn't train it properly. :C