• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Insect Team

KnightofRawr

Don't underestimate
At a glance:
291.png
637.png
205.png
348.png
542.png
469.png

This is my first team in my goal to make competitive teams out of all 17 types, I thought I would start out with my favorite type! I'm basing my team around speed and strength, so most of my team of offensively built with only Foretress offering good defense. I originally had in Heracross but I replaced him with Yanmega after realizing how many Physical Sweepers I had. Here is my team in detail:​

291.png

Ninjask @Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Speed Boost
EV's: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Attacks: Swords Dance
Substitute
X-Scissor
Baton Pass

Ninjask is my leading Pokemon. His Speed Boost and Swords Dance will help raise his stats while his Substitute buys him time. He will then pass his stats to either Armaldo or Hahakomori depending on the opponent. If need be he can X-Scissor the Pokemon he is against, but his main job is support.

637.png

Urgamoth @Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Flame Body
EV's: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Attacks: Hidden Power (Ground)
Bug Buzz
Butterfly Dance
Fire Dance

Urgamoth is one of my two special sweepers, it can power it's self up with Butterfly Dance before attacking. The Life Orb will power up it's already super strong special attacks, which are now powered up by STAB, high special attack stat and EV's.

205.png

Foretress @Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Sturdy
EV's: 252 HP/112 Atk/144 Def
Attacks: Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball
Earth Quake

Foretress works as both my Toxic Spiker and my Rapid Spinner, he will knock away any Stealth Rock set up to hurt the bugs. He has Earthquake as an attack to knock away the fire offenses aimed at him, and has a strong Gyro Ball thanks to STAB

348.png

Armaldo @Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Battle Armor
EV's: 128 HP/252 Atk/128 Spe
Attacks: X-Scissor
Stone Edge
Earth Quake
Swords Dance

Armaldo is one of my two Physical Sweepers, He is here to also get away Fire offenses.

542.png

Hahakomori @Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Chlorophyll
EV's: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Attacks: X-Scissor
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance
Shadow Claw

Hahakomori is the second of my Physical Sweepers. His Leaf Blade is a good move for knocking away any rock types that might threaten the bug type team and his Shadow Claw was thrown in just as an exta offensive attack.

469.png

Yanmega @Choice Specs
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Tinted Lens
EV's: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Attacks: Bug Buzz
Hidden Power (Fire)
Air Slash
Psychic

Yanmega was a Pokemon who was just put in, he can easily be replaced. He is my second Special Sweeper. He has Hidden Power Fire to knock away any steal types aimed at him, and Bug Buzz and Air Slash are there for STAB type moves. Phychic was added to fend off Poison types that my threaten my team.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
I think Denchura should be considered...

Denchura@Life Orb
Nature: Timid
Ability: Compound Eyes
Ev's 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Attacks:
Thunder
Energy Ball
Bug Buzz
Some Hidden Power

Denchura's faster than Yanmega... Just a suggestion.

Good luck.

Aurath8

I second that Denchura. It'd do a good job of removing Gyrados and Dragons if you gave it Hidden Power Ice, both of which trouble most of your team.
The only problem I see arising is if Forretress' gets Spinblocked. The rest of your team is SR weak so you might want to find a place for Scizor or another Rock neutral bug that can still safely sweep.