• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*insert catchy title here*

I think that I will identify each one seperately and how it may need improvements if that's okay with you

1st gen starters
Charizard's arms seem a bit too short and Bulbasaur looks somewhat chubby. Blastoise is fairly well-off the way it is.

2nd gen starters
Totodile's bottom jaw is about twice as large as its upper jaw, which causes some disfigurement. Meganium's flower is somewhat disproportionate to the other side. Typhlosion seems fine (though it looks a little bit too large compared to Meganium).

3rd gen starters
The Treecko's eyes look a little too off-balanced, and Blaziken's and Marshstomp's hands are kind of strange looking.

Darkrai
The energy around the darkrai appears as uneeded or should be changed, and its right hand forms a strange fist.

Latios and Latias
I honestly couldn't find much wrong with this one. The lines appear a little light, but that is pretty common with drawings captured by a camera. Other than that, it's an awesome drawing.

Mewtwo in Armour
The only thing I found mildly unpleasing was the differences in line darkness.

Mew vs. Mewtwo
Not to be mean, but I didn't like this drawing much and I would consider redrawing it. The ball of energy looks weird and Mewtwo just doesn't look right.

Garchomp
Not much needs to be changed here except that its arms are just slightly too skinny.

Palkia
It looks overall good, but its pose looks kinda funny, like its going to do a karate chop (I would recommend not changing it ^_^).

Suicune
The figure and everything look good, but the eyes look somewhat big for a Suicune

Lugia
Definitely the best of these drawings. I find it completely unneeding of improvement

So anyways, sorry if I seemed harsh at all. Besides what I pointed out, I didn't find anything wrong with your drawings. I also noticed that they seem to have gotten better as I went down the first post. I would like to see more from you considering how good some of your drawings were.

Ubermac

Shiny Hunter
Aeroblast, I have to thank you for being the first one who actually comes with constructive criticism on ALL pictures. As for the first 3, I really had no idea what I was doing back then, and I never even heard the term "shading" for art :p As for darkrai, I don't really like how it turned out either, but I think that's mostly because of the colouring. Latios and Latias is the first I attempted a bit shading, and being completely honest, the lines on the original drawing are light too. I liked it :p Mewtwo in armour, I dunno. lol :p I think the dark lines were to show off the armour, but it turned out a bit wrong :p Mew vs Mewtwo I'm not too proud of either, but like I said alot before, it's a learning process so I want to show it all. :D As for garchomp, I didn't really notice untill you pointed it out. Im not very fund of changing my drawings though, as it would cover up my mistakes and I want to see a certain progress while I'm at it ^_^ Suicunes head just total failed :p nothing more to say bout that. And I am SO glad you liked lugia.. Spent alot of time on it D= In overall, thanks for taking time to look at my art and to give CC on em all :)

Aeroblast, I have to thank you for being the first one who actually comes with constructive criticism on ALL pictures. As for the first 3, I really had no idea what I was doing back then, and I never even heard the term "shading" for art :p As for darkrai, I don't really like how it turned out either, but I think that's mostly because of the colouring. Latios and Latias is the first I attempted a bit shading, and being completely honest, the lines on the original drawing are light too. I liked it :p Mewtwo in armour, I dunno. lol :p I think the dark lines were to show off the armour, but it turned out a bit wrong :p Mew vs Mewtwo I'm not too proud of either, but like I said alot before, it's a learning process so I want to show it all. :D As for garchomp, I didn't really notice untill you pointed it out. Im not very fund of changing my drawings though, as it would cover up my mistakes and I want to see a certain progress while I'm at it ^_^ Suicunes head just total failed :p nothing more to say bout that. And I am SO glad you liked lugia.. Spent alot of time on it D= In overall, thanks for taking time to look at my art and to give CC on em all :)

I'm glad you appreciated it. I actually liked that lugia so much that I'm think about sigging it. Would you mind if I edited it a bit first though (some colors, add username into it)? I would of course credit you for the original drawing.

Ubermac

Shiny Hunter
Actually I'd rather not have you using it as a signature, I am thinking of turning into mine in a banner form and then add a link to my art thread if you click on it.. Sorry :( Maybe in a while when I make something better it's fine with me, but for now I'd like to keep my stuff for myself to use.

Last edited:

Suzume

A Tree Sparrow
The Lugia picture is really cool, it's definitely the best out of your drawings. I can see you have improved in shading over time, and that's great. ^^ About Lugia: I think the whole head looks really good, and the other parts don't have any problems either. However, the thing that was disturbing me about it was that the head looks too small compared to the body. I think it's because of the view angle: the head is supposed to be closer to the viewer than the rest of the body, so it should look a little bigger than from other angles. The neck is also a lot thicker near 'shoulders', while it could be thicker near the head, too. (at least if the head was bigger, you know? ;D) I know it's a real pain to fix something like this, because it would mean redrawing the whole head to a little bigger size. If I notice something like this in my drawings, I'm usually too lazy to fix it. :p The picture still looks great, so don't worry about it. ^^ I'd love to see you trying some colouring as well~

Last edited:

Ubermac

Shiny Hunter
My thank you Suzume :) I'm personaly a big fan of your work so it's cool to see you like mine too ;D As for the head/neck part, I didn't really get what you ment untill I held the drawing next to your comment :p I get what you mean now, but I'm proud of it as it is and It'd feel like I was fooling myself into being better than I am by quick editing after people point stuff like this out. :p Ya know? :p I do want to try something with colour, but I don't know which pencils to use.. does anyone know what ones are good? D=

Wow that Lugia is the best I think I have ever seen. The shading is just right and the pose looks really great. That is really impessive.

Ubermac

Shiny Hunter
lol YAY people actually like it xD sadly I can't get any new pics up for a while.. My PC which i used to upload my pics on fried itself on friday.. as in, exploded. lol. I'll try to find a way to upload my camera to my macbook, but if that fails I have no other option left and I'll have to wait 2 months before my new PC gets here.. ><

Ubermac

Shiny Hunter
I actually found my camera came with a USB D= *posts new picture* now this one is kinda failure, because I did it in like 20 minutes and I couldn't be bothered with shading.. but I like entei :\ so yea... Entei!:

Entei.jpg

yay? :p

kirby8933083

mai husbando
You tried your best on Lugia, and it was a success. n_n Well done my good friend. The only thing I don't like is the angle the picture shows up at. I think that any errors or odd things I saw were due to that issue.

Entei is also a nice piece. His eyes look epic. Some spots on the fur however don't look totally right. The spots of light and dark make it look odd the me. And that one piece of whatever on the right side of his mouth is odd for some reason. A little flat perhaps, or placed weird along his mouth. For having done this picture in 20 mins, and not being bothered with shading, this look relatively nice.

Last edited:

Ubermac

Shiny Hunter
lol yay :p I see what you mean with the spot on the mouth.. I tried without erasing stuff lol.. I couldn't find an eraser >_< any suggestions on what to draw next? can't think of anything D=

Ubermac

Shiny Hunter
rofl yeah I did the gen ones a while ago..... I guess I could remake them D= any suggestions on what to draw next? *can't think of anything*

I like Entei. Even without shading it looks really good. Any problem is probobly caused by the angle as Kirby said.

Ubermac

Shiny Hunter
thanks samurai :) anyone got ideas for a new drawing? I keep forcing myself to draw gyarados but it won't work :p

Hey, I like the Entei. I guess that I didn't notice it before but it looks very good considering the amount of time it took you, regardless of shading.

Ubermac

Shiny Hunter
Alrighty samurai :) I'll draw a salamance then ^_^
Thanks aero! yeah I really couldn't be bothered figuring out where to put the shading, I made this in my 20 min break in between lessons :p you know.. where normal people have their lunch. :p

Amazing Red

I didn't know there was activity...

But anyways nice job on the Lugia and Entei. They look really nice.