• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[insert catchy title here]

Who should be the lead on my team?

• Jolteon

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Swampert

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

sachira450

This is a team i've been working on for a while now. I've tested it on shoddy and its doing pretty well. A couple of losses but mostly wins. Now the team:

Team at a glance
dpmfa260.png
dpmfa135.png
dpffa380.png
dpmfa212.png
dpmfa233.png
dpffa488.png

dpmba260.png

Swampert@ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Relaxed
Evs: 236 Hp, 216 Def, 56 SAtk
-Stealth Rock
-Surf
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
Description: Sets up Stealth Rock. Has now replaced Jolteon as lead

dpmba135.png

Jolteon@Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
Nature: Modest
Evs: 4 hp, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd,
Ivs: 30 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power Fire/[Grass]
- Shadow Ball
Description: Attacks give lots of type coverage. Evs and Ivs let him OHKO Salamence(0 Hp evs, 0 Sdef Evs) with thunderbolt and outrun Gengar for the OHKO with Shadow Ball.

dpfba380.png

Latias@Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
Evs: 4 Hp, 76 Def, 252 SAtk,176 Spd
- Trick
- Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Recover
Description: Draco Meteor+Surf gives almost unresisted coverage. Can also trick Choice Specs onto opponent. Has Recover for healing after loss of Choice Specs. 176 Spd Evs lets Latias outrun all base 100s.

dpmba212.png

Scizor@Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 100 Hp, 244 Atk, 156 SDef, 8 Spd
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-Turn
Description: Standard Platinum CB Scizor. Owns everything in its path.

dpmba233.png

Porygon 2@ Leftovers
Ability: Trace
Nature: Bold
Evs: 228 Hp, 136 Def, 92 SAtk, 52 SDef
- Toxic
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
Description: Great wall. Covers the ever-common Salamence, Heatran and Gyarados. 92 SAtk evs help him deal more damage to them.

dpfba488.png

Cresselia@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Calm
Evs: 252 Hp, 138 Def, 120 SAtk
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Ice Beam
-Charge Beam
Description: Excellent wall and status-absorber. Can deal with pretty much anything Porygon 2 can't deal with.

Some concerns:
I've horrible with evs spreads so I'm not sure these are the best.
I've had problems with bulky waters and Skarmory after Jolteon's down.

There you go. Any help would be nice. changes will be in bold.Happy rating!

Last edited:

Rezon

Banned
Hey, cool team. I have some suggestions though on a few of your pokemon.

Jolteon:
Change HP Fire to HP Grass. I'm guessing HP Fire is for Metagross leads. They carry an Occa Berry anyway so Thunderbolt will just 2HKO him just like HP Fire would.

Latias:
Nothing really wrong here

Scizor:
Not a fan. Thinks he way to over used but I guess the set is good.

Porygon2:
He's a great wall. I do have one suggestion. Try switchin T-Wave to Toxic. This is because the pokemon who you would be stopping will be OHKO'd by one of the moves there anyway (excluding Heatran)

Swampert:
He's good except try switching Surf to Ice Beam to hit the Dragons.

Hope I helped

3lmi

pimping aint easy
You know what you are doing, nice team, very balanced and each pokemon supports each other.

YAHHHHHHHHHHHH!! Rank up. I got too enthusiastic about it. *close big mouth*

calum

Banned
Swampert should be your lead. And should have ice beam over roar.

sachira450

Made some changes thanks to you guys:

Gave Porygon 2 toxic
Gave Swampert ice beam

I'm also now considering HP Grass on Jolteon.
Also thinking about leading with swampert. Added poll to decide.

Last edited:

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
I agree wit the above posters in the matter of changing Swampert to your lead. He counters the most common lead of the day, Metagross, with ease.

-Jolteon is as frail as a stick, so you may as well forgo those HP EVs, and just dump 'em in SpAtk, so that you can have as much attacking power as possible.

-On Cress, replace Psychic with Charge Beam. Although it has a low base power, it has a 60% chance of raising you SpAtk by one level. This works spectacularly well with ResTalk, allowing him to just sit there, boost, then heal again.

All I've got to say for now. Hope I helped! (And I started that damn line!)

sachira450

More Changes:
I changed Swampert to lead and gave him surf over roar. I wasn't comfortable using roar since it has -6 speed priority.
Gave cress Charge Beam.
I also ditched the hp evs on Jolteon.

Last edited:

dR. fEeLgOoD

UU/NUsFTW
Jolteon-I agree he is too frail so less HP evs and more SpAtk evs

Latias-I really like the set it has already:]

Scizor-So rediculously OU but I cant complain because the set does work well

Porygon2-is great but i recommend Discharge over Thunderbolt because the paralysis rate is sweet since hes more of a defensive poke

Cress-agreeing with gingbino11 cress will really enjoy Charge Beam over Psychic for a ResTalk set

Swampert-is a beast but might do better with the SpAtk evs invested in Atk

its a tough decision but personally Id go with Jolteon over Swampert lead since Jolteon does smash on other common leads here and youll still have another specs poke once hes gone anyways

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Just another teeny weeny little idea. On Latias, an option is to change Draco Meteor, to Dragon Pulse. There are a couple of reasons that I suggest this swap:
1) With the power from Choice Specs already there, Dragon Pulse attains huge power.
2) After eliminating the enemies Steels/Blissey, you may wish to go for a late game sweep, yet you find that after you use DM once, the power severely drops, so your chances of succeeding drop too.
3) Once you have Tricked away your Specs, you may wish to stay in. You Recover to get back any health, then find a Breloom in your face. You Draco Meteor to hit him hard. You get the kill. Now the next pokemon to switch in will have a distinct advantage, as you are now at -2.

Just a quick idea. Hope I helped!

sachira450

changed some more stuff

I agree that CB scizor is way OU, but he rips through teams. If you have any replacement suggestions for scizor I'd be happy to hear them.

I'm gonna leave the poll there until tommorow but right now swampert has the lead 4-2.

Last edited:

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Do not change Scizor. The reason that he is "way OU" is because he works.
People seem to think that not using standard sets or whatever, makes your team better. But most of the time the standard set is the best for the job.

So stick with Scizor. He does his job better than anyone else out there.

Kirin

Showers
Giving Swampert Hydro Pump instead of Surf will allow him to 2HKO Skarmory, decreasing the threat of Skarmory if Jolteon dies.

sachira450

I'll keep scizor.

I don't like Hydro Pump a lot becuse of the low accuracy, but ill test it out.

Last edited: