• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*insert catchy title here*

WillieNelson

Rate this RU team! (pretty please with apples on top?)

I have an RU team that could use some help please. Changes in bold.

:597:Spike (Ferroseed) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
This one is to set up rocks, paralize any potential sweeper, and to Leach Seed stall a little bit. Gyro Ball is to stop her from becoming Taunt bait, and the EV spread is to give her good bulk on both ends.

:596:Bugsy (Galvantula) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Compoundeyes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
He is my main non-setup special sweeper, Thunder is a LOT more reliable with Coumpoundeyes and along with Bug Buzz is STAB, Energy Ball is good for any ground types that want to take a Thunder, and HP Ground is for any Fire types that want to take him out and steels that want to wall him.

;160;Chomper (Feraligatr) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance
This one is my setup physical sweeper, Dragon Dance is one of the best sweeping moves, Waterfall is STAB and gets a lot of damage and accuracy after a few DD's, Earthquake is coverage and Ice Punch is for possible Dragons.

;264;Dash (Linoone) (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Claw
- Belly Drum
A new one I thought I'd try out, Belly Drum is to massively boost his Attack, and the Sitrus berry is to help him survive the set-up, Seed Bomb is coverage and to save ES PP, Extremespeed is unfair at +6 attack, and shadow claw is for any Ghosts that come his way. The EV spread is to give him a lot of speed and to help survive the set-up turn, he gets enough Attack from Belly Drum.

;475;Wrath (Gallade) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Steadfast
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
His tactic is get in, do a bunch of damage fast, and get out. CC is STAB and is very strong, Ice Punch is for flying types and Dragons, and Night Slash is for Ghosts. I chose Psyco Cut over Shadow Sneak because he is already quite fast with the scarf. I will NOT replace this one.

;474;Cube (Porygon-Z) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Adaptability
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Charge Beam
- Agility
This one is my setup special sweeper. Agility is to make it a lot faster, Tri Attack is scary with Adaptability STAB, Ice Beam is for physically bulky dragons and the like, and Charge Beam is to finish off weaker enimies while possibly giving it more power.

Last edited:

pavak

Your team is weak to Dragon types you dont have any Ice types moves or dragon type moves either put Ice Beam on Porygon Z Or Ice Punch on Gallede

Xenevix

Some Guy
I have an RU team that could use some help please.

;346;Lily (Cradily) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Special Defense / 252 Def
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stockpile
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
This one is to set up rocks for my team whilst being a fairly good Toxistaller, the EV spread is to give her physical bulk because I suspect a lot of physical hits will be thrown her way.

Stockpile makes an easier stalling time and Giga Drain is for STAB recovery and makes it so she isn't Taunt bait. Earthquake would've done nothing.

:596:Bugsy (Galvantula) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Compoundeyes
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ground]
He is my main non-setup special sweeper, Thunder is a LOT more reliable with Coumpoundeyes and along with Bug Buzz is STAB, Energy Ball is good for any ground types that want to take a Thunder, and HP Water is for any Fire types that want to take him out.

Hidden Power Ground to still kill your fire types but to get rid of steel types who'll wall him as well.

;160;Chomper (Feraligatr) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Torrent
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch / Ice Fang
- Dragon Dance
This one is my setup physical sweeper, Dragon Dance is one of the best sweeping moves, Waterfall is STAB and gets a lot of damage and accuracy after a few DD's, and Earthquake and Rock Slide form the infamous QuakeEdge combo, but with more accuracy rather then more power.

Ice Punch or Ice Fang over Rock Slide because you need coverage against Dragons and Ice and Rock both cover flying types. although you lose coverage to Ice. But most ice types can't do much damage to him.

;477;Polyphemus (Dusknoir) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
- DynamicPunch
- Shadow Sneak
- Pain Split
- Gravity
This one has...mixed results, if he can set up Gravity, D-punch becomes a beast with a LOT more accuracy, the EV spread is to have good survivability and decent power, Shadow Sneak is for ghosts, to finish someone off, or as a last little bit of damage before he goes down, this guy is probably the one I'm most willing to replace.

He's very unreliable but I'm drawing a blank of what to replace him with. Most likey No Guard Machamp with D-Punch.

;475;Wrath (Gallade) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Steadfast
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Night Slash
- Psycho Cut
His tactic is get in, do a bunch of damage fast, and get out. CC is STAB and is very strong, Rock slide is coverage and the flinch chance works well with the scarf, and Night Slash is for Ghosts. I chose Psyco Cut over Shadow Sneak because he is already quite fast with the scarf. I will NOT replace this one.

You really like Rock Slide don't you? Replace it with Ice Punch for additional Dragon coverage. you have Ice coverage with Close combat and most Fire types you see will be frail or weak to Close Combat. (Heatran) Other than that he's a solid revenge killer.

;474;Cube (Porygon-Z) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Adaptability
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Tri Attack
- Charge Beam
- Agility
This one is mt setup special sweeper. Agility is to make it a lot faster, Tri Attack is scary with Adaptability STAB, Psychic is for fighting types that want to get greedy, and Charge Beam is to finish off weaker enimies while possibly giving it more power.

Not bad but you'll easily get walled by bulky Ghosts and Steel types.

Not too shabby for what you're using. Most of these guys are pretty frail and will be outclassed by a lot of others but it seems like you're using the Pokemon you like which I respect.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
Replace Porygon-Z with Porygon-2

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Download
EVs: 255 Def / 255 SDef
(Whatever Nature)
- Tri Attack
- Charge Beam
- Recovery
- Psychic

Last edited:

Vandslaux

Use Trick over Night Slash on Gallade for crippling walls.

Bobby's Pants

Wandering Trainer
My first thought was that moxie Krookodile w/ choice scarf would run right through this team, but he just moved up to UU so he won't be a problem.

My second main concern is that toxic spikes on a stall team could be devastating since Feraligatr is the only one that can bypass them, and even then only once. Fortunately Qwilfish just moved up to UU as well and the only new toxic spiker is Nidoqueen who gets destroyed by all of the ice attacks you have added to your team. Since this team seems to be about offensive pressure you shouldn't have much of a problem with toxic spikes, but if you do then you might consider using an air balloon instead of focus sash on Porygon-Z or you could try using Claydol or Ferroseed instead of Cradily for their immunity to toxic while still setting rocks and stalling.

Psycho Cut

You've got quite a lot of set up sweepers here. I reckon your team would beneefit greatly from dual screens. Also, but Sitrus Berry on Linoone instead of Belly Drum, or he'll get revenged by priority much more easily