• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Insert Fabulously Spiffing Title here* (I'm British Ya'no xD)

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
This is my typical team that i use on shoddy, but due to the unwelcome changes platinum brought i think it needs a revamp, so here it is, any rates welcome :)

Gyarados
gyarados.png

CutiePie@leftovers
-Adamant
-Intimidate
215Hp/124Atk/168Def
-WaterFall
-IceFang
-Taunt
-StoneEdge

Right the Ev's on this thing actually work, they give it Equal defenses and max lefties recovery, whilst also having a lot of attacking power. This works on suprise, since most people will see StonEdge and instantly presume that im not running IceFang, and switch into bulky Grass types, which then get taunted and iceFang 2-3hko's most of them, or significantly cripples them before they switch. There are no speed ev's since Gyarados is at that point in speed were it needs a lot of speed ev's to outrun anything, and since the only things im bothered about outrunning are slower than it anyway (taunt), there was no need for speed evs. Dragon dance has been neglected because i never really got the chance to use it, and i always favoured to hit hard when i had the chance than attempt to set up sweep.

Electivire
electivire.png

BrumBrum@LifeOrb
-Rash
-MotorDrive
76Atk/252SpA/180Speed
-FlameThrower
-HiddenPower (Ice)
-ThunderBolt
-CrossChop

Special Based Mixvire, Nothing really to say that you don't already know, teams up well with gyarados, I might take this off for a physical electivire, since i think that would help my team more, since i lack a Physical sweeper.

Gengar
Gengar.png

BOO!!!@Leftovers
-Hasty
-Levitate
64atk/192SpA/252Speed
-Hypnosis/DestinyBond
-FocusPunch
-ShadowBall
-Substitute

SubPunch Gengar, completely rips apart most team, i would have no trouble with keeping this on, but with the 10% accuracy drop on hypnosis, it makes me a bit uneasy using it, especially since gengar cannot take a hit. ShadowBall+FocusPunch hit everything in the game, not to mention they hit the majority of seriously bad *** walls/tanks for super effective damage. Substitute to make use of Gengars hp and to fire out FP's from behind.

Tangrowth
Tangrowth.png

Noodles!@Leftovers
-LeafGuard
-Impish
252Hp/252Def/6Atk
-Leechseed
-PowerWhip
-KnockOff/StunSpore/Synthesis/SleepPowder
-KnockOff/StunSpore/Synthesis/SleepPowder

Standard Tangrowth, (Noodles! FTW), I just maxed it's Def since outspeeding swampert isn't a biggy when zapdos is covering it, Leech seed for draining and regaining, powerwhip for the main reason it's here: countering T-tar and SE Gyara. As these two completely ripped through my team (as pointed out by quite a few people xD), but this covers them both. The last two slots are were i'm pleh, Knock off is to annoy things and rid them of there items (which is always nice), stun spore is to cripple special sweepers coming in, and help against swampert should Zapdos be dead, synthesis is for reliable recovery but considering i'm countering T-tar it isn't all that brilliant, sleep powder is too cripple anything for a while, if i do use Sleep Powder then i'm gonna dump it off Gengar.

Zapdos
Zapdos.png

BadHairDay@Leftovers
-Pressure
-Calm
252Hp/36Def/220SpD
-DisCharge
-HiddenPower (Grass)
-HeatWave
-Roost

Specialy Defensive Zapdos, counters: Scizor, Swampert, Rhyperior, Gyarados, Lucario the list goes on. Those are just the ones off the top of my head, but even those it doesn't counter gets severley crippled by Discharge, granted most of them counterable pokes have a Supereffective attack against it, but unless i switch into that attack, it won't kill me. The Ev's are so like smogon's except SpD mindied and suprise people, since they always except a physically defensive Zapdos. HP Grass means it can take on swampert and rhyperior, which my team would otherwise have problems against. HeatWave lets it kill the many steel types there are, along with bulky grasses who switch in once they see i've got HP Grass. Roost for obvious reasons.

Heatran
Heatran.png

Gribbit!@ChoiceScarf
-Flashfire
-Modest
12Hp/252SpA/244Speed
-FireBlast
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-EarthPower
-DragonPulse

Scarftran, possibly the most feared pokemon on wifi, the Ev's are speed game with the rest dumped in HP, I used Dragon pulse over Explosion since in all the time i've used this team, i used explosion once, and he switched to skarmory who LOL'ed at me. What i'm saying is that unless your at full HP explosion is way too predictable, DragonPulse has rather poor coverage considering HP Ice, but it has great neutral coverage, and is really good late game when lots of pokes are weakened enough to be in Heatran's range.​

Well that's my team, all rates ar welcome, thanks a lot for looking :)

Credit for pics goes to Arkeis.com

Last edited:

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
Tyranitar rapes this team dry, one Rock resist who is 2HKOd by Crunch and one Dark resist who is killed by almost everything Tar has and can hardly touch it means you're pretty badly screwed against it.

Stone Edge DD Gyara also murders you.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Tyranitar rapes this team dry, one Rock resist who is 2HKOd by Crunch and one Dark resist who is killed by almost everything Tar has and can hardly touch it means you're pretty badly screwed against it.

Stone Edge DD Gyara also murders you.

What about if i replace Bronzong with RestTalk-Swampert?

CHG-Swampert

CHG Co-Lead Swampert
Lol my gengar never learned Hypnosis. Bah. The gyrados is kinda weird though. I would never have it keep Ice Fang or Waterfall.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Then you will be Dragon raped, and all of them pack EQ for your Heatran.

If i replace Gyara for Swampert though?

And as for dragons (aka Salamence and kingdra), maybe i should take out MixVire and put a ScarfMence in its place? then My Sala could switch in on EQ DD or Firefang, intimidate there sala and OHKO back with Outrage, and the same with Kingdra.

spareux

maldición
Rhyperior, Gyarados, Lucario

Only if you get it in on an earthquake on the first two, and if the third isn't using CB Crunch which, iirc, 2HKO's?

Team's not bad. Looks kinda easy to stall though. Mixvire can only go so far with "wall breaking" against the likes of Cresselia.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Only if you get it in on an earthquake on the first two, and if the third isn't using CB Crunch which, iirc, 2HKO's?

Team's not bad. Looks kinda easy to stall though. Mixvire can only go so far with "wall breaking" against the likes of Cresselia.

2-3HKO's bigger chance of three hit KO'ing, but then i could switch in hetran to absorb the hit from the next crunch and smack back with EP (since FB is predictable).

[Kingdra]

What's the point in posting a team if it's the most standard team in the world?

Do you even know what Garchomp is?

Your team is composed of sweepers. You need another wall, and what's the point in running Taunt on Gyarados if you don't have Dragon Dance? The only reason you would use that is so you do not get raped by Skarmory. I don't really like that Gengar either. Turn Gengar into a Special Sweeper or just scrap him altogether.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Tangrowth, coincidentally, does a decent job of countering both Gyara and Tar.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Ok so Tangrowth is good?
what should i take out though so i don't ruind everything else and open a massive gap in the team?

[Kingdra];8769793 said:

Do you even know what Garchomp is?

Your team is composed of sweepers. You need another wall, and what's the point in running Taunt on Gyarados if you don't have Dragon Dance? The only reason you would use that is so you do not get raped by Skarmory. I don't really like that Gengar either. Turn Gengar into a Special Sweeper or just scrap him altogether.

wow your a prat, garchomps uber, and that gengar can rape entire teams, since most aren't that prepared for it, and yes because it still outruns a lot of walls, and skarm isnt a problem with zapdos, e-vire and heatran. Not to mention you obviously can't read, i mean my Bronzong, and zapdos are deffo sweepers aren't they? just because something's stats scream SWEEPER!!! (aka zapdos) doesn't mean it should just do that, thats just naive beyond beleif, yes ok you've been away for about a year, so then why come back and falme peoples team when it's highly likely they'll know more than you? (not saying i do but it's likely a lot of people on here will)

[Kingdra]

wtf is a prat?

Anyway. Yes, your Zapdos might have a spread to wall, but Zapdos' stats are not good enough for it to block the more common sweepers. I didn't mean your whole team was sweepers, but that you need more effective walls. The Gengar looks like it can't do much. It's not going to rape whole teams if they have Skarmory, Bronzong, Forretress, or anything of the sort. You're entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine so if you don't like what I say you don't have to listen, but I am trying to help you. An important part of the team rating process is to accept criticism and acknowledfe that your team is not perfect.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
[Kingdra];8770025 said:
wtf is a prat?

Anyway. Yes, your Zapdos might have a spread to wall, but Zapdos' stats are not good enough for it to block the more common sweepers. I didn't mean your whole team was sweepers, but that you need more effective walls. The Gengar looks like it can't do much. It's not going to rape whole teams if they have Skarmory, Bronzong, Forretress, or anything of the sort. You're entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine so if you don't like what I say you don't have to listen, but I am trying to help you. An important part of the team rating process is to accept criticism and acknowledfe that your team is not perfect.

yes but you didn't exactly say critisism as much as my entire team was crap, thats not exactly constructive critisism is it? and actually Zapdos is an amazing tank, it walls so many pokemon its not even funny
and outside of those steels what can't it severely hurt without stat boosts?
i mean i can think of milotic but thats bout it =/

[Kingdra]

I didn't say your whole team was crap. Only selected individuals.

If you want to wall with Zapdos then I would suggest using Calm instead of Bold.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
[Kingdra];8769793 said:

well if thats not saying the entire team is awful then i don't know what is,
and besides have you ever actually thought why things are standard? you just then tweak it so they each fit the team better.

and why Calm? it's meant to take physical hits, since my Bronzong takes special.

[Kingdra]

Calm lets you survive that extra Icy Wind from a Level 2 Swinub.

But in all seriousness, you already have a lot of EVs in Defense so a little extra boost in Sp. Defense will help it all-around.