• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

<Insert funny team name here>

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
I couldn't think of any good names for the team :/

Anyways... I'm posting this RMT because I want some help with a team I've devised after about 15 minutes of in-mind bickering. I have a theme, though. Slaking. Weird? Not too much so; His ability isn't that much of a hinderance, as CBKing is *farely* common in lower tiers. Why not develope further? I took it into my own thought for using Slaking. The biggest thing I can see his use for? Revenge killing. You heard that right, I'm going to use Slaking to terrorize unprepared teams. I've not done this bluntly either, I've put more thought into this than any other team I've made.

I'm open to any help I can get, but I'd prefer to leave Slaking alone on it. The whole reason for this team is to try and give Slaking an OU purpose in single battles.

So here's the team.

*At a glance*​
579.gif
227.gif
492.gif
534.gif
609.gif
289.gif

How it was made:
Okay, I started with the obvious start of the team; Revenge Killer Slaking.
289.gif

Now, I decided to go with the obvious helpful start for any team's weaknesses, countering them. Jellicent was immune to Fighting-Type moves obviously going to be aimed at Slaking, so it found a spot.
593.gif
289.gif

Then I added Forretress to set up entry hazards that Slaking would force opponents to switch through, and then explode. Jellicent also resists the Fire-Type moves aimed at him.
205.gif
593.gif
289.gif

I then realized that I can have a much more substantial member; Chandelure. He not only takes the Fire attacks aimed at Forretress, but he benefits off of him. He also still has that Ghost typing, and he is a nuclear-powered special attacker as Slaking is physical, so it's mutual.
205.gif
609.gif
289.gif

Now I needed a resist to Rock and Ground moves, as Forretress's neutral didn't cut it.I'd thought about this quite a bit, until I decided on two Pokemon; Skarmory, who can set up hazards as Forretress did and is immune to Ground, and Donphan, which resists Rock and Stealth Rock and can spin.
227.gif
232.gif
609.gif
289.gif

Then I figured that Donphan could do nothing but spin for this team. After a bit of thought, I decided on Starmie, as it is quite good at what it does, being Special Attacks, speed, spinning, Et cetera.
227.gif
121.gif
609.gif
289.gif

Now, I saw I had two Special attackers. If I turned Chandelure into a Revenge Killer, then I'll have a two-way spectrum with it, and I also get a free slot for another physical attacker. Enter Conkeldurr, the Bulk Up abuser.
227.gif
121.gif
534.gif
609.gif
289.gif

Now I had five Pokemon, one Special Attacker and Spinner, one Physical Setup Attacker, One Special Revenge Killer, One Physical Revenge Killer, and one Physical Wall and hazard setter. So, I figured I'd place a Special wall. Obvious was Blissey, so I thought about it.
242.gif
227.gif
121.gif
534.gif
609.gif
289.gif

I felt it was shy of my team, and I had no wall breaker. After a bit of thought, I figured that Reuniclus could work, and it has a good STAB Psyshock.
579.gif
227.gif
121.gif
534.gif
609.gif
289.gif

After some help and lots of thought, I needed to replace Starmie. Losing the Rapid Spin support is a lot to pay, but being able to resist two weaknesses instead of adding one is better than not. I went down with Grass types, resisting Water and Electric, until someone suggested Shaymin, and after some looking, it is a great replacement for Starmie. And so,
579.gif
227.gif
492.gif
534.gif
609.gif
289.gif

That's how I got to my team.

Onto the details!

579.gif

Reuniclus(M)
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 176 HP, 252 SAtk, 80 Def
-Psyshock
-Recover
-Focus Blast
-Calm Mind

Wall Breaker and pretty much the turn-to for buffering special hits. Psyshock is reliable STAB that hits special walls, Recover is the all-important recovery, Focus Blast is coverage, Calm Mind to boost Special Defense and Special Attack, which is quite usable. *EV spread fixed*

227.gif

Skarmory(M)
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spd
-Roost
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird

Standard Skarm, I'd imagine. Brave Bird is the totally unimportant STAB, Whirlwind and Spikes for Phazing and Entry Hazard damage, Roost is for healing.

492.gif

Shaymin(N/A)
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP, 252 SAtk, 252 Spd
-Seed Flare
-Hidden Power(Rock)
-Earth Power
-Rest

Seed Flare is for High-Powered STAB, Hidden Power(Rock) is purely coverage, hitting Volcarona, Gyarados, even Dragonite for good damage. Rest is for healing when I'm done smashing, and when I switch out, Shaymin is fully restored. Earth Power for Pseudo QuakEdge.

534.gif

Conkeldurr(M)
Ability: Guts
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback

Conkeldeath. Bulk Up for absurd power and survivability, Drain Punch is healing and ridiculous, Mach Punch is that priority STAB that after +5 or 6 he's like "Skrew you, Mach Punch OHKOs". Payback for... I don't know, being slow and uh... coverage? I guess so, doesn't need it too much.

Oh yeah, and a note: Shaymin and Conk can both take incoming statuses for the team, what with one benefitter and one that shrugs it off on the switch.

609.gif

Chandelure(M)
Ability: Flash Fire
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
-Hidden Power(Fighting)
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball

Chandelure is a boss, and is the first of my two revenge killers. Hidden Power Fight is for optimal coverage, Flamethrower for consistency, Shadow Ball for seperate STAB, Energy Ball for hitting those Bulky Waters that would get in my way.

289.gif

Slaking(M)
Ability: Truant
EVs: 124 HP, 252 Atk, 132 Spd
-Return
-Hammer Arm
-Ice Punch
-Night Slash

The reason I made this team. OHKOs I hope to loose on the foes. Okay, first off, the EVs are custom tailored to outspeed the standard 252 Spd Nasty Plot Thundurus by one point. Return is crazy STAB, Hammer Arm hits things really hard(And importantly would've won my last game for me ._.), Ice Punch for Dragons, and Night Slash is filler that hits neutral on a bunch.

I've been using this on PO. It's winning, thanks for the help everyone :D

Last edited:

DragonKnighted

I would run HP Fighting > Energy Ball on Chandelure or Focus Blast, which i think it gets, depends if you like accuracy over power or not

Slaking. Hmmm. Interesting but nice. Gengar could go ham on ur team. Since he cant be hurt by conkeldurr. Hits starmie reuniclus and chandelure for th ohko with shadow ball. Kills skarmory with hp fire. And 2hkos slaking. He switches in on slaking equake or return to take no damage and two hits it.

noob21

3 sum!!!
I would run HP Fighting > Energy Ball on Chandelure or Focus Blast, which i think it gets, depends if you like accuracy over power or not

He/She does not need to do that. Energy ball on chandelure is its only counter to certain bulky waters as starmie couldnt do it alone with just T-bolt. other than that comment this team is great.

Toxicated92

Water Expert
On Chandelure, If your running choice scarf, maybe change his nature to Modest as a timid nature doesn't really out speed any major threats (off the top my my head) than a choice scarf modest one :D

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
579.gif

Reuniclus(M)
Nature: Calm
EVs: 176 HP, 252 SAtk, 80 Def
-Psyshock
-Recover
-Hidden Power(Fighting)
-Calm Mind

Wall Breaker and pretty much the turn-to for buffering special hits. Psyshok is reliable STAB that hits special walls, Recover is the all-important recovery, HPFight is coverage, Calm Mind to boost Special Defense and Special Attack, which is quite usable. I think my EV spread is a little off, so help would be appreciated.
Invest in defense bro. Calm mind helps your SP.D anyway.
Looks good otherwise.

227.gif

Skarmory(M)
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Spd
-Roost
-Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird
Standard Skarm, I'd imagine. Brave Bird is the totally unimportant STAB, Whirlwind and Spikes for Phazing and Entry Hazard damage, Roost is for healing.
VERY Standard. nothing wrong here. not the MOST NEEDED poke on your team, but it's fine.

121.gif

Starmie(M)
Item: Expert Belt
-Rapid Spin
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump
BoltBeamPump, and Spin. I opted for Expert Belt to shy away from Life Orb recoil whenever I use Rapid Spin, but I'm not sure if it's better or not. Bolt for Bolting, Beam for Beaming, Pump for Pumping, in other words move coverage. I'm not sure if this is the best possible offensive spinner set, so I'll see whatever help I can get on this one.
Ehhh... it's OK. Starmie isint too good a spinner tho. It's too frail. you can really only use it on things that switch out in fear. which isint MUCH, because many things can take starmie on.

534.gif

Conkeldurr(M)
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback
Conkeldeath. Bulk Up for absurd power and survivability, Drain Punch is healing and ridiculous, Mach Punch is that priority STAB that after +5 or 6 he's like "Skrew you, Mach Punch OHKOs". Payback for... I don't know, being slow and uh... coverage? I guess so, doesn't need it too much.
Rock slide is better. TRUST ME. Standard sh*t. works fine

Oh yeah, and a note: Starmie and Conk can both take incoming statuses for the team, what with one benefitter and one that shrugs it off on the switch.

609.gif

Chandelure(M)
Nature: MODEST
-Overheat
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
Chandelure is a boss, and is the first of my two revenge killers. Overheat for murder, Flamethrower for consistency, Shadow Ball for seperate STAB, Energy Ball for... filler. I'd say there's something better that can be in that spot, so I'd be happy to hear it on it.
This works. Overheat AND Flamethrower is... strange. you might want to consider an HP of some kind. Maybe Ice or Electric? Who knows? your call. pretty standard, but modest over Timid.
289.gif

Slaking(M)
-Return
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch?
-Fire Punch
The reason I made this team. OHKOs I hope to loose on the foes. Okay, first off, the EVs are custom tailored to outspeed the standard 252 Spd Nasty Plot Thundurus by one point. Return is crazy STAB, Earthquake is Earthquake, Pursuit for those who switch out, as Slaking should force some switches, and Fire Punch is for levitating Steels like Bronzong or Air Balloon Magnezone or something. More of a filler, but whatever.
This works. WELL. maybe Giga impact? I mean... he can run it well... unless you REALLY want to switch on turn 2. But yeah. Return works well. THANK YOU FOR RUNNING HIM. YOU ARE AWESOME FOR THAT. Protect f*cks you, but uhhh... yeAH. Ice Punch (If it learns it, I think it does) to kill dem dragons. Pursuit isint too good anyway.

I'm hoping for lots of improvement before I take it on PO, so I'll be happy for advice :D

Good team. Not gonna top the charts (CUZ IT AIN'T WEATHER) but it's original. thank you for building a GOOD team.

Last edited:

Haru Glory

Rave Master
579.gif

Reuniclus(M)
Nature: Bold
EVs: 160 Def/252 SpA/96 SpD

-Psyshock
-Recover
-Focus Blast
-Calm Mind

Good, adjust the EVs and nature to make it a little bit defensive. He doesn't really need HP EVs, he already has 110 base HP. And go with Focus Blast instead of HP Fighting.

227.gif

Skarmory(M)
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/96 SpD/160 Spe
-Roost
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
-Brave Bird

Again, more bulk, but still good attacking power. Go with Jolly nature to outspeed many common threats and do some good PHazing, using SR which hits everything.

121.gif

Starmie(M)
Item: Expert Belt
-Rapid Spin
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Surf/Scald

BoltBeam coverage is good, but as for the third one, go with Surf: less power, but more reliable. Or, if you even want some status effect, use Scald.

534.gif

Conkeldurr(M)
-Bulk Up
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Payback

Great job on this one.

609.gif

Chandelure(M)
-HP Fighting
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball

Great, but if you want more coverage, also for weaknesses, go with HP Fighting instead of Overheat. Chandelure can hit pretty hard even without that move. If you want, try to use Fire Blast over Flamethrower.

289.gif

Slaking(M)
Nature: Quiet
-Giga Impact
-Earthquake
-Night Slash
-Fire Punch

Why Return? Abuse of his ability and go with Giga Impact.
And, go with Night Slash, abuse also of his huge Attack stat.

Changes in Bold.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^Why would you suggest a speed lowering nature on Slaking? Adamant is much better.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
But slaking doesnt have any special moves...

Zekromaster826

Casual Shiny Hunter
Slaking. Hmmm. Interesting but nice. Gengar could go ham on ur team. Since he cant be hurt by conkeldurr. Hits starmie reuniclus and chandelure for th ohko with shadow ball. Kills skarmory with hp fire. And 2hkos slaking. He switches in on slaking equake or return to take no damage and two hits it.
Starmie could be faster and OHKO that Gengar if it had Pyschic, and Chandulure with Pyschic too. Also, you could expect the swap to a flying type/ levitate pokemon and go for the payback. These are just my suggestions.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?

*Answers on third quote*

Gengar... Hmm. I don't really see much of a problem with it, as Conk has Payback, and the thing with Slaking and Chandy is that they would outspeed and usually OHKO.

He/She does not need to do that. Energy ball on chandelure is its only counter to certain bulky waters as starmie couldnt do it alone with just T-bolt. other than that comment this team is great.

He, and I'll leave Chandy's EB on it then, noting it myself.

On Chandelure, If your running choice scarf, maybe change his nature to Modest as a timid nature doesn't really out speed any major threats (off the top my my head) than a choice scarf modest one :D

Modest it is.

Good team. Not gonna top the charts (CUZ IT AIN'T WEATHER) but it's original. thank you for building a GOOD team.

I'll make most of the changes, and I'll think about the Ice Punch and later on Night Slash a bit.

Changes in Bold.

I'll see about some of those changes.

^Why would you suggest a speed lowering nature on Slaking? Adamant is much better.
Because Slaking NEEDS QUIET so that all it's special moves are boosted.

Ah, sarcasm. Quiet nature is an obvious no as well.

I'll be making some edits, thanks for all the help so far :D

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Sorry, but *Bump*.

I'm needing a bit more help with my team, specifically a replacement for Starmie, for two reasons; Starmie simply isn't pulling it's weight, and I need an Electric resist badly.

I'm thinking about a special Landorus as strange as it sounds, but B115SAtk isn't shabby, so I've devised this set:

645.gif

Landorus(M)
Ability: Sand Force(I think Sheer Force would probably be better, but last time I checked, it's unreleased. It also has a bit of a Sand Team check as Sand Force, I guess.)
Item: Life Orb
-Earth Power
-Focus Blast/Grass Knot
-Psychic/Grass Knot
-Hidden Power(Unsure yet)

This is my current thoughts, as it covers farely well.

Earth Power is STAB, and is a only slightly weaker special variant of EQ. Focus Blast is a good Fighting-type move, although with shaky accuracy. Psychic as it provides some useful coverage, specifically against the likes of Gengar and Conkeldurr, as well as some others. Grass Knot is listed as being able to replace them both, as it can net some useful KOs, although I'm not sure how useful, so it is only in the second slot. Hidden Power is my last move, although which type I'm not sure. It'll most likely be for netting specific KOs, so I'll have to play around with my current team to find what type I'd feel usable the most.

What do you guys think of the Starmie Replacement of thought? It could work.

Oh yeah, and some other options I could work with being Calm Mind and Rock Polish, both of which can gear me up for a sweep.

Last edited:

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Tsk, Now that I see around my team not only is there an Electric weakness, if I switch Landorus in there' a huge Water weakness :/

Hmmm... Grass seems to work. *Checks SerebiiDex*

Speaking of which, Celebi itself seems like a good candidate... *Checks synergy Calc*

Now some impending resistance problems with the Psychic/Psychic/Ghost points for this. I'm gonna give a few top picks:

Celebi, despite the Psychic/Psychic/Ghost problem,

Sceptile, of all things, completely fixes the weaknesses,

Verizion, fixes weaknesses but is farely average,

Roserade, as it too fixes weaknesses and has a farely good movepool; What I like about it is Technician.

So, how about these options? They all seem to work fine ...Celebi is an exception, but it has too good stats to pass up... so which one should I work with?

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
I don't know why nobody suggested this, but I would give Reuniclus a Life Orb. Magic Guard negates the recoil each turn. It's better to have a ton more power at no cost than to be slightly more bulky with Leftovers.

You might also want to give Slaking Double Edge instead of Return, which can be the difference between a 2HKO and a OHKO. As a standard hit-and-run attacker, the HP loss isn't too significant (and you're getting +30 base power with STAB).

My last suggestion is to try HP Fighting on Chandelure instead of Psychic. You said that it's only for Gengar, but you would actually do more with Shadow Ball. HP Fighting covers everything that resists your Chandelure (which was only Heatran, Houndoom, and Hydreigon, but that's still pretty significant).

Well, that's all the advice I can give. Hope that helps.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
I think celebi works the best since you have enough offensive power and another defensive poke never hurts. I like roserade, but there's too many weaknesses there. Also, even though this may nit really be helpful, next time try using cofagrigus with slaking. Something is bound to get mummy on the other team, which slaking can hit and get mummy as well. Just a thought if you wanna try it, although it works better with LO slaking since he has more freedom to attack. And yeah, double edge over return.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
F.uck Celebi. It's terrible. 4x to bug, 2x to flying, and 2x to fire is ANNOYING. It never performed too well for me in almost any of my teams JUST because of those problems. Virizion SEEMS meh, but it has such great speed and natural special bulk that eve with it's weaknesses and its meh 90 attack, after one swords dance, it becomes a force to be reckoned with.
Shaymin is AMAZINGLY UNDERRATED too, as it has the same base stats as celebi, but with Seed Flare to rape enemies, and a decent offensive movepool to make it hella threatening.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
3.14kachu: Nobody's suggested it, but I'm not too sure about it. True, Lefties didn't really make much of a difference from my point of view, but I'll think about it.

The health loss will kinda get threatening, seeing as Slaking needs to be alive as long as possible. Plus, I'm going to lose my spinner, and so the constant switching is gonna be hard enough. I think I'll stick with Return.

I'll go HP Fighting, Although I've had a few occurances where Psychic payed off. It's probably better.

Mayu: Celebi'd be an offensive, so defense isn't good with this part. I'll still think about it though. Oh, and Celebi has more weaknesses than Roserade. The whole reason I thought about Roserade was Technician+Magical Leaf+Weather Ball, but it's not too good on other teams I've tested it on either :/

R4GE: Celebi is oof my choices then. And uh, Virizion would be Special, so I guess it stays Meh. Shaymin might be good, I'll think about it.

Last edited: