• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Insert witty title here* [Emerald IGRMT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

arceus03

Hola~

So I've been running through Emerald. And a final team sort of popped into my head. So. Here goes.

Not really caring about natures atm.

dpmfa257.png

Blazes
Blaziken | Blaze
  • Flamethrower
  • Sky Uppercut
  • Aerial Ace
  • Return / Earthquake

I'm considering Bulk Up as an alternative in there somewhere, but... idk. Last move is sort of random. I forgot whether or not I have used Earthquake TM in my last Sapphire. If not, I could trade it over and give to to Blazes. Else, Return would fill the slot.... sort of.

dpmfa368.png

PinkPoint
Gorebyss | Swift Swim
  • Ice Beam
  • Psychic
  • Surf
  • Agility

Initial idea: set up Agility, then kill everything. Too bad she doesn't get Thunderbolt. Ah well. She does get Shadow Ball though, idk if it would be better than Psychic? It runs off her lower Attack stat, buuuut it's usable.

dpmfa346.png

RockFlower
Cradily | Suction Cups
  • Sludge Bomb
  • AncientPower
  • Solarbeam
  • Earthquake

Wooo. Fear the flower. She's not so goofy-looking once you realize the yellow spots are actually her eyes and not some weirdly-placed teeth, and the circular markings aren't eyes but her head patterns. o.o

Anyway. I used up the Rock Slide tutor so AncientPower is my next best option. Originally had Sunny Day instead of Earthquake but then I saw Castform.

dpmfa351.png

WeatherSet
Castform | Forecast
  • Sunny Day
  • Rain Dance
  • Thunder / Thunderbolt
  • Weather Ball

So this guy is the setter for the weather (it rhymed!). Throwing Thunder in there seeing that I have no Electric moves yet. Thunderbolt is a consideration in case I don't feel like setting up Rain Dance first, but more probably I'd go with Thunder. Last move is just novelty I guess. It does get a HUGE boost though so it gets pretty powerful too (base power doubles to 100 + STAB + weather boost = 225 attack power o.o).​

So... thoughts?

shawn_o1

You forgot about Phoebe. Her team could rip you apart cause it doesn't have to fear them Dark and Ghost attacks.

arceus03

You forgot about Phoebe. Her team could rip you apart cause it doesn't have to fear them Dark and Ghost attacks.

Well... It depends. I mean, you don't necessarily have to have super-effective attacks against her Pokemon, so long as you resist and/or take normal damage from her attacks as well. Plus right now I've only gotten the 7th Badge and my team are all at L55, and I think they'll be at least L58 (or L60 if I'm not too lazy to go and Match Call all the previous trainers) when they get to E4.

... Yeah. I don;t really design my team to be specific to beat the E4 or something, I just use Pokemon I felt like using. I do try to have a variety of moves though.

LizardonX

Banned
Giving rain dance to gorebyss does the same thing as agility and powers up surf so it can sweep the aforementioned ghosts.

arceus03

Giving rain dance to gorebyss does the same thing as agility and powers up surf so it can sweep the aforementioned ghosts.

That's a good point actually. I already have Rain Dance on Form though so idk, I might change Agility to something else entirely. I haven't been using Agility much anyway, and originally it was there because I wasn't planning on having Castform on my team.

Shadow Ball might work. It does run off her lower Attack stat though. Or Toxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.