• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

*Insert Witty Title Here*

Okay. Prattle aside, now for explantions.

216/148/144 as this allows you outrun Gengar after a DD, and little to no consequence.

Physical Vire is too easily walled, Mixvire can also sweep easier.

RestTalk Bronzong gives you a status absorber, listen to aipomkong for EVs for it though.

Disregard what I said for Scarftran. It was bad advice. Well, I think it is.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Okay. Prattle aside, now for explantions.

216/148/144 as this allows you outrun Gengar after a DD, and little to no consequence.

Physical Vire is too easily walled, Mixvire can also sweep easier.

RestTalk Bronzong gives you a status absorber, listen to aipomkong for EVs for it though.

Disregard what I said for Scarftran. It was bad advice. Well, I think it is.

thank you,
ok the gyara ill change, as gengar is basically the best thing to kill gyara with so being able to kill that can only be a plus

and the thing is with e-vire that allthough mixvire sweeps easier, on my team it limits my coverage, and will mean only my gyara has physical attacks (as bronzong really isnt going to be killing things other members of my team couldnt) and it will mean that a good special wall has my team owned, i know the only real special wall used is blissey, but if they use another than resists SE and w-fall (venusaur pops to mind) then im screwed.

and regarding bronzong, as ive said already, its meant to put reflect up and help the rest of my team, also it is my SPECIAL wall thats why im not trying to balance out its evs, as with reflect and light screen up it take little to no damage from neutral non-boosted attacks, and doesnt get OHKO'd from fireBlast (occa berry perhaps?), and can ohko the poke that used it with EQ, (as these are usually heatran and infernape) and the only other pokemon that are seen quite often carrying fireblast are sala, chomp, and dragonite, but seeing as though the last to have a niche as a DD'er SD'er they usually carry physical fire attacks, which gyarados can easy switch into, (am thinking of running ice fang on gyara for this), and im running only rest on it as seeing as though it will be taking little damage from attacks due to the two screens, ill be able to get in an attack or two, then rest off the damage, or switch out, which ever is more approprite.

and for scarftran i might go 252 SpA 240 Speed 16 Hp, as this lets me outrun the heatrans that run 4 more evs to outrun the standard heatran, and the extra 8 evs will do more in speed than in hp.

You have Cross Chop for Blissey on Mixvire.

No one uses Venusaur as a special wall. Even if they did, its 2HKOed by Flamethrower.

If you're going to put 240 speed on it, you might as well run max at that point to at worst tie with other max speed Heatrans.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
You have Cross Chop for Blissey on Mixvire.

No one uses Venusaur as a special wall. Even if they did, its 2HKOed by Flamethrower.

If you're going to put 240 speed on it, you might as well run max at that point to at worst tie with other max speed Heatrans.

i know venusaur was a bad example, but it sorta popped into my head lol, what about the special defense based bulky waters? like milotic, i wont be able to deal with them, and just putting 4 more evs into speed means i should run max? why?

do you see what i mean about the bronzong?

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
BUMP:

i just thought about maybe drifblim over mismagius?

as reflct and light screen would compensate for his bad defenses, so his massive hp would have a chance to do its job.

fireson360

MY HAIR ON FIRE!!
Gyarados EV Spread is 216 HP/148 Def/144 Spd.

MixVire over PhyVire.

RestTalk Bronzong. Max HP with split defences. Gyro Ball + EQ as attacks.

Just go max speed on ScarfTran, the extra HP EVs do nothing really.

ootp+ct1u sn

Who the hell taught how to make teams and moveset pokemon! Mixvire is the worst thing i ever heard! Phyvire is the best moveset and evs to go

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Who the hell taught how to make teams and moveset pokemon!
Ironic post is ironic

Phyvire is the best moveset and evs to go

If you enjoy being walled silly by Hippowdon, Celebi, Forretress, Weezing, Bronzong, Donphan and Tangrowth, being Intimidated by Gyarados and Salamence switch ins, and become utterly useless after being burned then yes it is the "best" set

otherwise no it isnt

Last edited:

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
If you enjoy being walled silly by Hippowdon, Celebi, Forretress, Weezing, Bronzong, Donphan and Tangrowth, being Intimidated by Gyarados and Salamence switch ins, and become utterly useless after being burned then yes it is the "best" set

otherwise no it isnt

yh but in the case of running into them you just switch out, the problem is that mixvire doesn't really get KO's on anything easily, and HP seems sort of pointless considering it only gets KO's on common things if they switch in.

btw just for the record
for hippowdon theres gyara, without stone edge hippo cant do crap
for celebi, forry, bronzong and tangrowth theres scarftran
weezing gets killed by scarftran also
for donphan ive got zong
and sala and gyarados are beat by Zapdos

newbioform

Blazing Passion
yh but in the case of running into them you just switch out, the problem is that mixvire doesn't really get KO's on anything easily, and HP seems sort of pointless considering it only gets KO's on common things if they switch in.

btw just for the record
for hippowdon theres gyara, without stone edge hippo cant do crap
for celebi, forry, bronzong and tangrowth theres scarftran
weezing gets killed by scarftran also
for donphan ive got zong
and sala and gyarados are beat by Zapdos

lol. Blue Ace, play the card!

Gren Draco, you do realise that switching out completely defeats Electivire's purpose of existance right? It's meant to sweep, not to switch out on every physical wall in existance. About the fact that Mixvire doesn't hit as hard: that's why you have 5 other pokes. They chip down opposition pokes' health so they go into Vire's KO range.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
lol. Blue Ace, play the card!

Gren Draco, you do realise that switching out completely defeats Electivire's purpose of existance right? It's meant to sweep, not to switch out on every physical wall in existance. About the fact that Mixvire doesn't hit as hard: that's why you have 5 other pokes. They chip down opposition pokes' health so they go into Vire's KO range.

yh i know what you mean, and now i feel silly :p

but what i mean is that it mixvire i cant really hurt special defensive bulky waters, cause they'll KO be b4 i can KO them, and since my team really lacks on physical attacks, phyvire seems more potent than mixvire.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
The only pokes physical Electivire hits harder than Mix are Milotic, Slowking, Spiritomb and Suicune, the former can be dealt with Zapdos to some extent, and the ladder one can be dealt with a team effort of Taunt Gyarados and and Hypnosis Brozong, and Slowking is hardly ever used. Heatran beats most Spiritomb and Gyara can Taunt CM versions

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
The only pokes physical Electivire hits harder than Mix are Milotic, Slowking, Spiritomb and Suicune, the former can be dealt with Zapdos to some extent, and the ladder one can be dealt with a team effort of Taunt Gyarados and and Hypnosis Brozong, and Slowking is hardly ever used. Heatran beats most Spiritomb and Gyara can Taunt CM versions

ok ill go with mixvire lol, but what can i actually use to kill milotic?

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
Yet another RMT, this is just a random team that i came up with when i was bored lol.

gyarados.png

CutiePie
Gyarados@leftovers
Adamant
Intimidate
216Hp/16Atk/176Def/100Spd
-Waterfall
-Taunt
-DragonDance
-StoneEdge
Good
Standard BulkyDos, is pretty much used on every team i come up with just because i love this and e-vire and they both work great together so why not, unfortunately its a very common lead and with the amount of anti-lead stuff running around it can get annoying being completely outpredicted on the first turn, although i regularly switch to e-vire anyway, if i suspect there running antileads or w/e. also as it is a bulkygyara its defenses get significantely improved with reflect/light screen support, Dragon dance seems a bit redundant on it considering it rarely gets a chance to set it up and sweep, as even with a dd behind it it still fails to outrun a lot of things.

electivire.png

BrumBrum
Electivire@ExpertBelt/LifeOrb
Adamant
-MotorDrive
6Hp/252Atk/252Spd
-ThunderPunch
-IcePunch
-CrossChop
-Earthquake
Good
Standard physical electivire, works well with gyarados, if gyara comes up against something with electric attacks first turn or w/e, then i switch to this guy, who usually puts a massive dent in there team, although rarely gets a full sweep, however, he is usually bets as a late game wall killer, when i bring him out to smash the walls that have taken lots of little damage.

Mismagius.png

LikeMyHat?
Mismagius@Leftovers
Calm
Levitate
252hp/252SpD/6Def
-ShadowBall
-HP (Fighting)
-Will-o-Wisp
-PainSplit
Good
Bulky Mismagius, Blocks attempts to rapid spin rocks and brickbreak lightscreen/Reflect, the reason i used this over dusknoir as when i used dusknoir last time i couldnt pull of pain split very well, as my prediction is awful, wereas this eases prediction as it can outrun most walls and get in a quick painsplit. WoW cripples Physical attackers and cancels out leftovers while still doing other damage and helps rack up little damage to put most pokemon in sweeper range, shadowball and HP are there as they hit everything for neutral, which is always nice, although i could replace HP for energy ball, thunderbolt or another special attack.

Bronzong.png

LickMyBell
Bronzong@leftovers/Occa Berry
Bold
Uhh, the rest of the un used EV'shp/128SpD/252Def
Calm Mind
Psychic
Block
Rest

Block a pokemon who is harmless, calm mind, rest when needed, then psychic
Bronzong, my main special wall, reflect helps it out as well as zapdos, Mismagius and gyarados, so is a very useful move, and pairs up with lightscreen on zapdos to make my walls almost indestructable, Rest is there because i need to regain health as bronzong is one of my main switch ins, im without sleep talk though as this would take up a moveslot, a moveslot i cannot spare. EQ is for a reliable source of damage, Stealth rock is for obvious reasons and hypnosis as nothing else on my team can put things to sleep.

Zapdos.png

BadHairDay
Zapdos@Leftovers
Bold
252hp/220def/36spd
-LightScreen
-Thunderbolt
-Roost
-HP (ice)
Good
My Tank and the pokemon who sets up stealthrock, goes with bronzong and heatran to resist each others weaknesses, LightScreen as it pairs with Reflect so Zapdos/Bronzong/Mismagius/Gyarados take very little damage from most attacks, Thunderbolt and Roost for obvious reasons, HP as it helps deal with the multitude of types that resist T-bolt, although i might replace it for toxic or roar.

Heatran.png

Gribbit!
Heatran@ChoiceScarf
Modest
20Hp/252SpA/232Spd
-FireBlast
-EarthPower
-HP (grass)
-Explosion
Good
I selected Heatran as i needed a revenge killer and this works well with bronzong and skarm to resist each others weaknesses, also it can easily ko swampert and other physical based bulky waters (slowbro etc.), and is just generally more useful than HP (ice) as zapdos has that, and if i go with mixvire that will have it too.

Credit for pics goes to arkeis.com
Your team is very good, I'm impreesed

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Your team is very good, I'm impreesed

well you obv didnt read what id put below my pokemon, clearly stating that reflect on bronzong was a nessecity, and no offence but that bronzong has an awful moveset, its only good against CM'ers and cant do crap to anything else.

Night Shadow

BRRAAP BRRAAP
well you obv didnt read what id put below my pokemon, clearly stating that reflect on bronzong was a nessecity, and no offence but that bronzong has an awful moveset, its only good against CM'ers and cant do crap to anything else.

Don't blame me, blame smogon. I got that exact bronzong on smogon

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT

I wasn't blaming you, i was just saying.
Just because smogon says somethings good for that pokemon doesnt mean its good for my team.
As that Bronzong is meant for teams who have trouble with CM'ers.

Also in place of Mismagius i thought of this:
Dusknoir@Leftovers
-Pressure
-Impish
252Hp/252Def/6SpD
-BrickBreak
-EarthQuake
-PainSplit
-Will-o-Wisp

Meant to kill T-tar and Heatran which other team members struggle against, and thankfully stops the odd BB and RS, Pain Split for recovery (although as said i tend to struggle with healing) and WoW to burn things before switching out.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.

Yes, because we know that set makes SUCH a perfect little matchup for his team. Don't go ripping off sets without actually knowing the format of the team, it just makes you look bad.

Bronzong could probably deal with Tar to a certain extent, Dusknoir is a rather redundant addition to the team seeing that you've got more than enough to counter Heracross and Lucario. And using it as a Tar counter is just plain dumb.

Would think of something that fits into the team but I've gotta go now.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Bronzong could probably deal with Tar to a certain extent, Dusknoir is a rather redundant addition to the team seeing that you've got more than enough to counter Heracross and Lucario. And using it as a Tar counter is just plain dumb.

Ok so it was a silly idea but no need to be so blunt :|
And besides can u think of anything else that blocks RS and BB and counters Tar?
I just thought of that, and there is nothing else other than SubGengar, Which i guess i could use, i just wanted something defensive and since Gengar is about as defensive as a turnip...

But yh, thanks for the comment anyways.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Well, ReSTalk Machamp / Hariyama and to a lesser extent, Heracross, do pretty well against Tar in general.

Hariyama is a better Tar counter as it deals with Weavile and Heatran well too. Of course, you may already have very reliable counters for these, if you do, then use Machamp.