• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Inside a Pokeball?

DragonTrainerSilver

<-- Starving dragon
I like to think it's a little habitat for them like real animal's have in zoo's.

Vivian

Well, if they were just small round cages, then, at least in anime, pokemon would be as sad inside it as they are when team rocket put then in cages. Ash and co are all enraged when they see that Team rocket is putting pokemon in cages. In anime, pokemon seen to hear whats happening outside, as psyduck and woobuffet come out whenever something interesting is happening.
I go with the little environment theorie.

May be pikachu doesnt like his pokeball because its defective, and put him in a desert, or in a dark cave.

boyerboy

Feel the...BANG!
Well we know the answer, but before I thought they turned into some pixels then when the were sent out they transformed back into a living creature.

boyerboy

Feel the...BANG!
Well we know the answer, but before I thought they turned into some pixels then when the were sent out they transformed back into a living creature.

Typhlosion Trainer

Fire Trainer
Probably a small habitat they can survive in when not outside the poke ball. Since there have been occasions in the anime where pokemon have been in their poke ball for very long periods of time. So at least the poke ball provides them with a place to live. No need for me to go deeper than that.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Meh... I just go with the Bulbapedia reference.

Azyvli

Legendary Assassin
And what about all those failed catches? Are there just millions of trashed Pokeballs at a landfill somewhere, or perhaps they're recycled?
In the games; the Pokemon just breaks out of the Pokeball. My guess is that the Pokemon pretty much destroys the Pokeball.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
My prediction is that when captured, the pokemon is transformed into energy form for easy containment, but the pokemon is still conscious and has no awareness of it being in energy form. The pokeball taps into that pokemon's mind and creates a fun, enjoyable and comfortable enviornment for the specific pokemon inside and allows the pokemon to be happy and feel like it's an a much less compact space than it believes where it can heal and get rest.

Zibdas

not bad
I always imagined it was some sort of enslavement, with them working tirelessly to provide power, fires everywhere...
Pretty much like that one scene of Miss Dimmsdale from The Fairly OddParents

ForeignDude

I remember watching many of Kids WB's silly commercials and one of them has stuck in my head forever now regarding what's inside a Pokeball. I think Ash mis-clicked the Pokeball or something and caught himself inside. Inside the ball there were a bunch of socks with one of them being able to talk. From that point on, I always think of a pile of socks being inside a Pokeball. :p

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Well, my version of it is that the Pokemon gets shrunk (like in the manga) to an inch or so tall, and the mirror like things on the inside of the Pokeball make a holographic environment so the Pokemon feels comfortable. There might be waster disposal/recycling systems and some way of feeding them there as well. I'd even like to imagine that there might be a wireless connection between Pokeballs, so your Pokemoh van communicate to each other even when inside of them. =P

AmericanPi

Write on
For the LOLs, I like to think of Pokeballs as this or even this.

But in reality, I think Pokemon go into some sort of comfortable subconscious dream state when they enter Pokeballs. They dream of being in a nice environment suited to their likes. This environment changes slightly depending on the Pokeball.

Last edited:

Victinifan100

V-create Everything!
I think they get shrunken and put into an empty space with a button and once they press that button the empty space will be filled with whatever they want.