• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Inspiration Needed

Zorg

Spongetastic
Hellos Earthling, been a while since I've posted here.

Anyways, nearly a year ago i started a RPG which died in about 2 or 3 pages, but i was told the storyline was quite good so I am going to re-write it as a fan fiction/story (which i might post on serebii in a while)

However, throughout my fan fiction saga of writing stories which i get bored of after a few posts/chapters/pages, i have not been able to master the art of Inspiration.

Inspiration may occur in many ways to different people, but it is not something i have a knack of (maybe because I'm only like 14). So pretty much, i was wondering what other peoples' inspiration was or any general tips for a semi-rookie writer, as i am not wanting to get bored of this story.

Thank you, caio

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
My main problem was always getting started, but If I ever get stuck I start a rp on neopets and it usually gives me some ideas.

Giratina!

Backstreet's back
Can't say that Neopets roleplay sessions ever helped me, but to each their own, I suppose. XD Personally, if I were you, I would start off with things that require rather less inspiration than most stories: one-shots. I'm sure your one-shots won't be twenty-page doorstoppers like mine are, but at least they'll be a story you have finished, and that will serve to remind you that it is indeed possible to finish a chaptered fic, even at your age. (My first fanfic was finished in early 2008, when I was... oh I dunno. Eleven?)

harryheart

My problem however is that I have all the imagination but then I just loose the motivation occasionaly to write. So what I'd say is go into it a Chapter at a time, not worrying about what is to come ahead later one, except I would say the ieda of long running story ideas may be useful to conjure up first! So good luck with all this, and as the person above said with one-shots, count the Chapters as completeion enough and that may drive you forward!