• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Install Forums on Site?

Torosiken

This is a title.
Sorry if this is a wrong section. 1st of all, I changed host for my site :) A~T look in sig ^.^

and I decide to install a forum, but I confused what I must fill in mysql database. Can someone help me?

An00bis

Wicked Witch
From Webs.com's FAQ:

What programming languages can I use?

Premium service customers can use CGI/Perl. However, this type of programming is not available for free account holders, nor do we support the use of MySQL, MSACCESS or PHP. You can, however, link to remote scripts from your website.

It looks like your new host doesn't support MySQL so you won't be able to install a forum that way.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Yesterday I used the link in your signature and got to the Webs site. Honest.

Now I'm not really sure what you're asking. The forums on the Splash Page of that site work fine and are remotely hosted. If your forums are remotely hosted like the ones on that Splash Page then you don't need to set up a MqSQL database on your server.

Maybe you're asking how to set up your own server on your own site (http://achamo-torchic.brokenwishes.net/forums/) like that. It's not really necessary for you to do that since you already have a forum but you could. There's just a few steps you need to follow:

1. Find a Forum Software Package. Google it. There's plenty of free ones out there.

2. Read the documentation. Most Forum Packages come with precise step by step instructions on how to upload the needed files to your server, install them, and configure them including what needs to be done with MySQL if anything.

3. Follow the Instructions. If you follow the instructions precisely you won't muck up the installation. Even if you do mess up you can just delete all of the associated files, upload a fresh set, and try to install it correctly again.

Torosiken

This is a title.
Whoa.. a bit confusing @_@ but thanks :) (sigh.. I think I will keep using that other host..)

Torosiken

This is a title.
Hi XD long time you not back lol XD

Uh I think I will use smfforfree.. I think I'm not going to host it myself... well... yah... I ask this before our forum finally goes there

Hyde n Seek

From Webs.com's FAQ:

It looks like your new host doesn't support MySQL so you won't be able to install a forum that way.

IPB 2.3.5 and below don't require a MySQL/PhPMyAdmin DB.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Invision Powerboard isn't free. Since their site was originally on a Free Server I assumed they weren't going to pay for a Forum.

They already fixed their forum problem. You'd see that if you went to their site. :)