• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Intense Electric Shock Training! A Rematch with Tapu Koko!! (962)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Intense Electric Shock Training! A Rematch with Tapu Koko!!

Ash has gone to visit Sophocles in order to learn the best way to try and defeat Tapu Koko in battle. Ash & Pikachu train with Sophocles in order to gain the upper hand, but soon afterwards Tapu Koko appears and challenges them. Will Ash be able to defeat the Guardian Diety of Melemele Island, or will he be defeated?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
...do not know what I expected from the Mudbray Rockruff battle.

Well at least Rockruff has a win and it's established Ash has personal cheerleaders bar Kiawe :)

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Liked how Tapu Koko just brushed off Rowlet & Rockruff and only aimed for Pikachu for the battle challenge.

And sort of expected, the battle ended with no result (sort of i think?). Also a throwback to XY Saga as well.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Liked how Tapu Koko just brushed off Rowlet & Rockruff and only aimed for Pikachu.

And sort of expected, the battle ended with no result (sort of i think?). Also a throwback to XY Saga as well.

Tapu Koko won IMO...pretty much blasted Pikachu off at the end.

Although Pikachu improved.

Holy157

Did Electric Field disappear while Ash used Gigavolt Havoc? It looked like the yellow glow was gone.

Do we have any idea of the moves Tapu Koko used? I couldn't tell what they were.

Tapu Koko seems to want Ash to use Gigavolt Havoc. Wonder what he was doing to make the Z-Crystal glow.

p96822

Evolve me please
I think Ash's Electric Crystal will evolve into a Pikachu Z Crystal because of how it was glowing and the patren is simmaral

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
From what i could understand, Tapu Koko most likely used the following moves,

- Electric Terrain
- Discharge
- Nature's Madness
- Withdraw

I don't think it used Electric Terrain, that comes from it's ability, Electric Surge.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I don't think it used Electric Terrain, that comes from it's ability, Electric Surge.

But it isn't using its ability, atleast based on the people around watching.

Even Kukui mentions that the move it used was Electric Terrain ('Elec Field').

There was no mention of its ability Electric Surge ('Electric Maker'), at all, whether it be this episode or episode 002.

AshSerena

There is some similarities from this episode to First episode of XY

Where Ash trying to save Pikachu from falling down from the Prism Tower and save by Mega Blaziken
This episode Ash trying to save Pikachu from falling down and save by Tapu Koko

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
There is some similarities from this episode to First episode of XY

Where Ash trying to save Pikachu from falling down from the Prism Tower and save by Mega Blaziken
This episode Ash trying to save Pikachu from falling down and save by Tapu Koko

Yeah...I didn't like that part. Or anytime they jump off stuff to save Pokemon, because I know they'll just be saved which lessens the impact for me.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you

There was no mention of its ability Electric Surge ('Electric Maker'), at all, whether it be this episode or episode 002.

These abilities activate when the pokemon goes into battle like how sandstream activates. So its safe to say the electric terrain activates due to its ability...

PsychoBoost

Carbon Dioxide
It could be kinda cool if Tapu Koko had its own secret agenda. By having so many kinda indecisive battles with them, the island 'legendaries' don't come off as impressive. They're usually more patient! Unless it was happening for some sinister reason, this region is being sold short slightly.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
rockruff gets a win under its belt! also it's the first time the other students see ash do the normal z-move.
pikachu vs tapu koko was nice, tapu koko actually moved this time after being hit by gigavolt havoc. guess sophocles' device paid off.
little allusion to xy with that ending there. (i'm surprised they played the xy trainer theme, they haven't played trainer themes from another gen since the diamond/pearl series iirc)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
As I thought, Rockruff vs Mudbray was pretty much all spoiled in the preview and Rockruff absolutely curbstomped Mudbray. Sophocles's training session was pretty much useless and meaningless- just for the slapstick I guess. Pikachu vs Tapu Koko was really exciting to watch, Pikachu managed to do some damage, but in the end Tapu Koko was just too strong, sending Pikachu flying. Ash as usual was selfless and tried to save Pikachu by jumping, but well.....Tapu Koko itself saved Ash and Pikachu. Nice episode, it truly lived up to the hype! 9/10.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Do we have any idea of the moves Tapu Koko used? I couldn't tell what they were.

I think Nature's Madness was the only one specifically mentioned.

Uh, yes, they explicitly mentioned the Electric Terrain was created by Electric Surge.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

'Elec Field' is also the name of the effect it generates, so it was certainly from its Ability.

Yeah...I didn't like that part. Or anytime they jump off stuff to save Pokemon, because I know they'll just be saved which lessens the impact for me.

I think it's less a throwback to XY and more of a reference to Nebby, though that might have been inspired by XY in the first place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't understand Japanese but this looks like it'll be a fun episode to watch subbed later.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Wow it starts in the middle of them battling! GO ABARERU KUN!!! Onto the review:

-I love how everyone has different reactions to Ash battling (Mao chan cheering, Lillie commenting, Kiawe observing intently especially when it came to the Z move)

-Congrats Rockruff! Rockruff is acting justlike a puppy, nice touch having its tongue out, that's exactly how dogs indicate them being tired or hot.

-I just love how they capture the Komala scene (the angles, how it somehow jumps up to ring the bell in different ways (one time it was doing a little spin))

-I wonder who does Mamane's mother. She sounds a bit like Ash's mother Delia. I didn't expect her to have lines.

-Ash's face when he's hiding from everyone but then everyone yells at him for the Togedemaru hat... ALL YOUR FAULT! :p Poor Ash lol.

-Togedemaru is tugging on Pikachu while everyone is talking, Pikachu has this "stop it Toge..." expression on his face but the Pokémon aren't doing anything, they're just staring?! o_O

-I guess what everyone said is true. Tapu Koko doesn't care about any other Pokémon on Ash's team but Pikachu. Let the battle BEGIN!

-Togedemaru using her Zip Zap! :)

-Yay! Tapu Koko saved them and the 2 people reacting to get to him faster is Kiawe and Prof Kukui! I love how his friends care that much about him, screw those irrelevant trash trainers! ;~;

What a fantastic episode! We all knew Ash would lose but the ending was really such an eye opener! Sophocles did help in the sense of indirectly getting Tapu Koko's attention. I also like on how Lillie is talking to Lana a bit more than normal, it's not much but it's something. Also when Ash went to save Pikachu, Kiawe, the one is sort of upset at him for getting a Z Ring without any effort and does get mad at him over small things were one of the two people to run after him and Kukui, the one to look after him were right beside him. They were both visibly worried, nice add on of Kukui letting out a quick breath of relief that Ash and Pikachu are safe. The battle was pretty good. We saw Tapu Koko thrashing Pikachu around a bit and Pikachu showing off his strength with Ash through Sparking Giga Volt. I also liked seeing Ash messing around, not really understanding what Rotom and Sophocles are blabbering about and how it was his fault that everyone got shocked by the Togedemaru hat. That was hilarious!! No complaints from me, I truly enjoyed this heartwarming episode. :)