• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

interacial relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
yeah, this has been on my mind for a few months now. what's everyone's opinion about them? if you do have one, state why.

i would prefer this topic to go smoothly without any serious bullcrap. need i say more than that?

edit: dammit i spelled interracial wrong.

Last edited:

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster

And yet, it moves!
I really don't see anything wrong with them-love has no boundries, right?

Clash

He's Back!
If you love someone, who cares if they are of a different race/colour? This topic doesn't really have that much to debate about. =\

mielad2

Ohnoez!! OMG HELP!!!
If you love someone and he/she does to there should be no problem..
But then again some people have religions.. So that differs..
It doesn't matter who you love, atleast you love her/him.

Taomagicdragon

I'm in a relationship that, depending, on your view, is interracial (My g/f is Jewish, I'm not). While the difference is a religion nominally, a number of people of that faith do consider it a race or, at least, a type of national heritage which did cause a bit of contention due to some portions of my family being anti semetic. However, I see no problem with mixed races/religions and believe such old and outdated views were/are due to ignorance or are throwbacks to old hurts and senseless blame.

Strants

Well, everyone loves Romeo and Juliet, right? Shakespeare supports my argument with a resounding yes. However, as Taomagicdragon pointed out, racial tensions in the family can cause problems.

P.S. Is it just me, or is this going somewere. GA, you sly dog!

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
.. what's going somewhere? i'm GA. think about it.

Strants

.. what's going somewhere? i'm GA. think about it.
Well, two topics have been made about it recently. GA, why? Once again, I could be wrong.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
uh.. i was just thinking randomly?

Profesco

gone gently
Strants, you intrigue me. What do you think GhostAnime is leading to? Like he said, he's GA- is there really some deep, mysterious hidden meaning behind his words?

Anyway, I smile at interracial relationships. Every time I see one, I see a mix of genetic information. It spans all kinds of social abysses, and is a reminder of the prevailing power of evolution.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
he's GA- is there really some deep, mysterious hidden meaning behind his words?
... :'D

a reminder of the prevailing power of evolution.
i'm not sure what you mean by this.. yes bi-races are created through birth but i wouldn't exactly call that evolution.

i pose a question that might actually get a debate started: is it natural (as in, genes, people) that somebody would only want to date inside of their race? is this justified to you in any way?

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
I'm the result of an interracial relationship. My mother was hispanic and european and my father was black, so it shouldn't be much of a surprise when I say interracial relationships don't bother me at all. It isn't about (or shouldn't be about) race when it comes to a relationship, it should be about the person themselves. I actually find it really interesting to meet/date a person from another race, because you get to learn about their culture and share yours.

Profesco

gone gently
Meh, I didn't mean directly, no. I see evolution at work only because of the mix of genes. It's just a slight representation of the vastness of, I dunno, chance and life, if you will, that these different genes will mix and procreate.

Bleh, that sounds waffley and dreamy even to me...

As for your question, I don't know about the naturalness of it... But justified? Sure, it's justified. It's a personal choice, after all, and one that doesn't cause any harm.

i pose a question that might actually get a debate started: is it natural (as in, genes, people) that somebody would only want to date inside of their race? is this justified to you in any way?

As long as you don't interfere with who other people date, then I would say it really doesn't matter whether you want to just stick to your own race. It's a personal choice after all, and who you are attracted to is your business.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
a personal, yet, ignorant choice in my humble opinion.

why do i say this? well, how does anybody honestly know who they'll be attracted to enough to say they'll never like <x>?

Strants

Dang. . . I tried giving you people hints. . . GA, why=GAY. NOW do you see the picture? Anyways, back to the topic at hand. . .
is it natural (as in, genes, people) that somebody would only want to date inside of their race? is this justified to you in any way?
I guess it is natural; cultures have various dating 'rituals' (for lack of a better word). In mexico, you need family permission before dating, and in most first dates, the whole family goes (oh yes, and the boy is expected to pay the bill ;) ). You can see how various cultures have dating traditions that could scary off people of other cultures.

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
Strongly support interracial dating, I have relatives that have married outside the race.

Profesco

gone gently
Wow Strants... That was pretty clever, actually. We never have to look so closely at GA's posts, though.

That was great! Strants, you should do that often!

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
i still don't get it unless it's another GA + Y = GAY.

a personal, yet, ignorant choice in my humble opinion.

why do i say this? well, how does anybody honestly know who they'll be attracted to enough to say they'll never like <x>?

Again, you can't stop people from having turn ons or turn offs, one of which could possibly be race. If you decide that you haven't really been attracted to, say, most of the black women you have met, I don't think there is anything wrong with just saying "I think I'll stay away from having an intimite relationship with people from this race because it's just not something pleasureable for me." If you are racist, well, that's a different story, but not wanting to date somebody of a certain race doesn't necessarily mean you have anything against that race.
It can be applied to other aspects too, such as religion. I'm Jewish, so personally I would rather date a Jewish woman. Does that mean I don't think that I could ever feel comfortable around Christian women? No, but I just prefer Jewish women. It's just something I look for in a person. It's nothing personal against other people, it's just a preference of mine.
It could also just be a comfort zone for many people, possibly because they are a little hesitant to be with people who might have a very different lifestyle to them and different customs/beliefs/etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.