• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interactive Things in games

Nightmare Fuel

Comin' for Ya
So, we have the Contests in D/P (Not sure about platinum) And Pokeathlon in HG/SS, and finally, The musical on B/W. Which was the best? IMO, they should have put Musicals in HG/SS and Pokeathlon in B/W, because more pokemon would be able to participate.

Musicals actually fit Unova more than Johto, logically speaking. Unova = New York area, and Musicals = Broadway, which is found in NY. But anyway, I agree, Pokeathlon in BW would have been more fun what with the more diverse set of Pokemon around...

Out of the three, Contests were my favorite. They were more challenging for me, I guess.

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
i actually find the Pokéathlon best of the three (probably because i'm no good at the ther 2). i find it more challenging than the others.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I'm actually quite fond of both of the interactive games. All of them really, but these two in particular (although I was better in the Contests than I am in the Musicals). Pokeathlons were the best for me though, cos you could get something more useful if you won.

However, I don't think the two should be switched. Like stated above, Musicals seem to fit Unova more than they fit Johto, while the Pokeathlon seems to fit Johto more (Whitney?).

Instead of the musicals, I would have liked something interactive with the sports domes. The musicals are incredibly boring, because you do basically nothing except press a button once in awhile to use a prop. Pokeathlon was my favorite, and I would've enjoyed something similar to it in B/W. I know Musicals make sense because of Broadway, but those sport domes have a lot of potential.

Necro101

I say that pokeathlon was the best it was not just dress up and do a 2minyte long boring thing. Contest were still good, but I think pokeathlon were the best.

RAW ON

Wyrm

~Setting Sail~
The Musicals appeal to me very much, because it seems much more fun to me. Watching my Pokémon dance catches my eye more than spamming moves to judges or running around mindlessly. At least the Pokémon look cooler with BW items attached to them, rather than the DPP items that make them look like artificial dolls.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Hmm, I say:
1st: RSE Contests
2nd: HGSS Pokeathalon
3rd: BW Musicals
4th: DPP Super Contests

I really enjoyed the contests in ruby and sapphire, but they absolutely ruined them in DPP, by not only adding pointless frippery onto the beginning but also by completely overhalling the mechanics.

Also I think you should have been able to keep the accesories from the musicals on your pokemon for the status screen and multiplayer battles. Team of 6 Snivy in top hats gogogo!

Chaser26

Pokemon Long Vet
The Pokeathlon actually made me log a LOT of hours on HG. I can't play it with a goal anymore because I beat it. Completely... :/

Kalosian

So long
RSE contests were my favorite, followed by the Musicals, I enjoyed both very much. My least favorites were the DPP contests and the Pokeathlon, I just didn't find them as entertaining and addicting to participate in.

SoMaPoKiTo

Back from the Grave!
I like Pokeathlons the most because of their interactivity and many achievements. Contests would be second because they gave moves a second use when they would otherwise never be used. Musicals were great, but without something to work towards besides getting all the props, they lose my interest. Not to mention some Pokemon couldn't do nearly as well as others due to being quadrupeds.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Pokeathlon was the coolest. It had so many different features and didn't take a ton of work to excel in, unlike the contests; it just took skill and practice. Coming in at a close second is the contests, however. They came first, so they get the originality and nostalgia bonus.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
I preferred the pokeathlon because it was different. The Contests were just fancy battles, and the musical was boring. The pokeathlon brought something new to the table, and i actually wanted to pay attention to it.

Flame Mistress

Pokéathlon: You can get prizes that are actually useful to you, and there are a variety of minigames to play.
Contest: It's just... fun, I guess. I don't really know how to describe it, but still, yeah, pretty entertaining.
Musical: Gotta Dress 'Em All! Gotta Dance 'Em All! Gotta Watch 'Em All! Gotta Collect 'Em All!

Yeah, so Pokéathlon is the best one for me.

leafstormfire

~Freezing Winds~
Pokeathlon was the best. Contests were a bit repetitive, and I just didn't like the musical.