• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interesting Easter Egg in games - possible future plot point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cauldronmaster

Ok, i know this is a major longshot, but here goes.

So I'm playing through a partially translated pokemon white version. I enter Hodome City after crossing the drawbridge of the same name. A woman on that side of the bridge talks about how the bridge is also known as the Charizard Bridge because of its fancy structure. This is not a joke.

Now, this could very easily be a mistranslation on the rom I am using, but assuming it is not, is it possible that Ash's Charizard might cameo in the distant future of Best Wishes for a plot point centered around this bridge?

The writers (and to an extent, the game developers) have gone significantly out of their way to explain how rare non-isshu native pokemon are inside of the isshu region. Thus, Charizard could be viewed in the eyes of an Isshuian as a mythical creature, AKA a legendary. Additionally, all main series episode with Charizard as the main plot point has revolved around the one owned by Ash. So the question is, will the writers take notice to this easter egg and center an episode or two around it?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
NO

It doesn't

and you're using a rom

there's your problem -____-

Grei

not the color
Considering you're playing a rom that is unofficially translated, I sincerely doubt it's an Easter Egg that will ever be used in the anime.

Besides, Unova is FAR AWAY from Johto. I doubt Charizard will fly that distance just because some bridge may or may not be somehow related to it's species.

Teshub

Banned
That is correct, they also call that bridge Charizard Bridge リザードン橋 because it is red like the pokemon. But I am not getting the tangent about it being so "legendary" in Isshu. Just like the Golden Gate Bridge is not made of gold...Instead it shows Isshuites are familiar with foreign pokemon. It's not a big deal and definitely doesn't deserve a cameo with Charizard from wherever it is.

[IMG139]http://i51.*******.com/wa3o82.jpg[/IMG139]

Silver_Seoul

Thats like saying ash will go on a date on the ferris wheel.

Well, N is rather scheming ... I'm sure he could persuade anyone to get on a ferris wheel with him. :>

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
I actually meant the date when you go with the hiker and the guitarist and the innuendo's in the story

Isis-sama

The Ferris Wheel may very well make an appearance in the anime for all we know, and I would not say it's completely out of the realm of possibility that Ash will ride on it. Maybe even with Iris or a female CoTD, though I doubt very much that the writers will make it anything like a "date."

I suppose the bridge could appear too, though I consider it unlikely. And I suppose if the bridge does appear Ash could remember that he has a Charizard and if that happens we could possibly get a still image representing a flashback, like Ash occasionally remembered his past team members in Sinnoh and even less frequently, Hoenn. We undoubtedly won't get more than that though.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Hmm. I think that bridge could be named Charizard bridge because in ancient, the city was suffering from some major problems, and a trainer with a Charizard came, and he solved there problem, and they named the bridge in honour of the Charizard. But it seems like a long shot that Ash's Charizard will appear in Unova(Isshu's U.S name in case nobody knows), especially since it didn't appear in Sinnoh.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Besides, Unova is FAR AWAY from Johto. I doubt Charizard will fly that distance just because some bridge may or may not be somehow related to it's species.

I'm getting sick and tired of hearing this lame excuse over and over. If the writers wanted Charizard to fly around the world to Unova, it will fly that distance by whatever means.

On topic: That sounds rather interesting. I'm hoping to see Charizard in Unova as it didn't appear at all in Sinnoh, which was kinda disappointing. Although I'm not watching B/W, Charizard's appearance will give me an excuse to watch B/W for at least a couple episodes.

Waterpokes

Charizard.... they need to make it up for Charizard not appearing in Sinnoh.
Doubt it will happen, but if it does, Isshu might knock Hoenn out of the trone.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Just because the name of the bridge is Charizard, doesn't mean it will return for a cameo. I can see that happening, but it's very unlikely to see any of his old pokemon again in the show.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
No, I don't think Charizard will make an appearance just b/c there's a bridge named after it, maybe just a cameo in a flashback, hopefully

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Lol, a Charizard cameo in the second region we get a Dragon type gym... Hmmmmm!!!! Oh man, Oh God, Oh man, Oh God, Oh man, Oh God, Oh Man, Oh God, Oh man, Oh God, Oh man, Oh God, Oh man, Oh God, Oh Man, Oh God! CHARIZARD VS. CRIMGANONONOKUSUSAZANDOORAA!!! :D

Last edited:

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
I think you all are jumping to conclusions

Waterpokes

You don't say...

Doubt Charizard will appear because Isshu Unova is far away from Johto and what possible sub-plot can Charizard bring? It possibly defeating Elite Four member/Team Plastic/Gym Leader? He better stay away before every Charizard-hater begin to hate. The Charizard hate is seriously disgusting... Like seriously!

Of course, the lack of Charizard in Sinnoh, better make up for an appearance in Unova. Even if Charizard (& Squirtle) got one second of screentime, it would be awesome, but they didn't, so Sinnoh loses a point or 9000 two for not having either of them appearing.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Huh? You all? Clearly you haven't read this thread! :p Most of the people who reacted to the OP either said that it was unlikely, a long shot, doubtful, or just plainly said 'NO!'. Only Poizonsting said that it would be a deciding factor for him to watch a few Best Wishes episodes, which shows how into the animé he is. Oh, and then there's me, but if you didn't catch that blatant sarcasm.. well, I'm sorry. I'll just say that the chances of Charizard appearing in person are very small, and thus it is not worth debating it, most certainly not at this point where we haven't even reached Raimon City yet, which will probably be 1/3rd into the series, while we're not even at 1/10th of this region yet.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Only Poizonsting said that it would be a deciding factor for him to watch a few Best Wishes episodes, which shows how into the animé he is.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but I have been into the anime for all my life - since its birth up until Sinnoh. However, I realize that I have grown out of Pokemon enough to devote my time to the show anymore. As I mentioned above, some things that would be give me a reason to sit back and enjoy a few B/W episodes are if:

- Ash competing in the Unova league
- Ash wins the league OR becomes a Pokemon Master
- Ash's Charizard gets a cameo
- May/Brock gets a cameo
- Paul gets a cameo
- Hunter J returns from the depth of the ocean

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Based on that, there is another Easter Egg too, a Dragonite skull appears in Shippou City Museum..... so Lance, Drake, or Palmer will appear with their Dragonite too, bets on Ash will battle one of them? [/Sarcasm]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.