• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interesting Facts About Yourself

SunGodNika1997

You can call me Tanner.
Thought this would make for a nice discussion, and might be fun to learn something about your fellow forum dwellers.

I’ll start.

1. President Andrew Jackson is my great great great great great great uncle. Though to be clear, it’s not a lineage I’m all that proud of, all things considered.

2. When I was maybe 7 or 8, I went to Disney World with my dad’s side of the family. We went to Blizzard Beach (the water park) one day, and at one point rode on one of those slides with the big 4 person tubes. Riding with my dad and I was none other than actor Dennis Quaid (The Parent Trap, The Rookie) and his son with Meg Ryan, Jack, who was just a few years older than me. For those that don’t know, Jack Quaid would eventually go on to star in The Boys.

3. When I was 18-19, fresh out of high school, I was in a band for a while (I played drums). We didn’t do anything as far as recording music, but through some connections, we managed to get a gig opening up for the Australian group Air Supply. For those familiar with 80s cheese (or that have seen Deadpool 2), you might know them for hits such as this.
The guys in the band were actually pretty nice, by the way.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
1. I'm double-jointed in both of my hands, so my knuckle and finger joints are a lot more bendy and stretchy than most other people's. Unfortunately this leads to a few problems with holding things for long periods and handling game consoles, and I will most likely have arthritis in my hands when I'm old.

1. President Andrew Jackson is my great great great great great great uncle. Though to be clear, it’s not a lineage I’m all that proud of, all things considered.
2. I have a similar relation to a politician. UK Labour Party politician Yvette Cooper is my grandma's cousin's daughter. But this isn't a relation I'm very proud of either, without getting too much into political speak, my own politics are very different from hers, and she's called for things in government that I'm very much against.

3. I once looked after a bat. the story goes that my mother's former supervisor at work lives out in the countryside, and there's a bat cave near his home. When he was out walking, he found an injured pipistrelle bat crawling on the ground, and he took it in, keeping it in a hamster cage and feeding it mealworms. He then signed up to a course to learn how to properly look after bats, and while he was away he left the bat with my mother and I to look after for a week. All things considered, the bat was actually nice and pleasant to care for, it was quiet and docile, it didn't cause much fuss, and its cage didn't need cleaning out all that often. That being said, it was still a wild animal that was taken out of its natural habitat, so in hindsight it probably wasn't the best idea to stick it in a hamster cage, but we did our best for it.

4. I wrote a book in my 20's. It was an urban fantasy/horror novella called "Jacinta House", but I was never able to get it properly published so no physical copies exist, but I did manage to upload it to Amazon Kindle as an e-book, where it's still available to buy today (shameless plug). I intended it to be the first in a series, but I never ended up writing any sequels. I've been wanting to get back into writing for a while, after reading a load of M.R. James and H.P. Lovecraft, but to date I haven't written any more full-blown books, only very short stories and articles.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
1. I cheated death before I was even born.
- My mother had her first asthma attack while pregnant with me. My mom told me they offered her a treatment that would save her life, but at the cost of mine. She said she begged them not to give her the treatment, but then she coded, so they gave it to her anyway. Much to their surprise, the medicine did nothing to me. I was born 4 months later.

2. I speak three languages.
- Well, kinda. lol I'm fluent in English, and I'm moderately efficient in Spanish and Italian. I've been to Italy a number of times, which really helped me learn the language. Italian is NOT easy to learn, though.

3. I have Primary Hypertension.
- I have a rare but potentially serious variant of high blood pressure called Primary Hypertension, which has no known cause. While my heart is perfectly fine, the condition can destroy it if left unchecked. Thus, I am stuck taking medicine for the rest of my life, to keep the condition under control.

4. I composed an orchestra piece for New York Fashion Week.
In what I consider the highlight of my career as a music composer, I wrote the opening score for New York Fashion Week in 2018. I was lucky enough to get the job because my brother was the casting director for the show I wrote for. However, the designer made me rewrite the piece three times before he accepted it.

Last edited:

Yveltal91057

It’s Kalos season!
1. I cheated death before I was even born.
- My mother had her first asthma attack while pregnant with me. My mom told me they offered her a treatment that would save her life, but at the cost of mine. She said she begged them not to give her the treatment, but then she coded, so they gave it to her anyway. Much to their surprise, the medicine did nothing to me. I was born 4 months later.

2. I speak three languages.
- Well, kinda. lol I'm fluent in English, and I'm moderately efficient in Spanish and Italian. I've been to Italy a number of times, which really helped me learn the language. Italian is NOT easy to learn, though.

3. I have Primary Hypertension.
- I have a rare but potentially serious variant of high blood pressure called Primary Hypertension, which has no known cause. While my heart is perfectly fine, the condition can destroy it if left unchecked. Thus, I am stuck taking medicine for the rest of my life, to keep the condition under control.

4. I composed an orchestra piece for New York Fashion Week.
In what I consider the highlight of my career as a music composer, I was wrote the opening score for New York Fashion Week in 2018. I was lucky enough to get the job because my brother was the casting director for the show I wrote for. However, the designer made me rewrite the piece three times before he accepted it.
Japanese is even harder to learn. Just writing all of the different katakana is already frustrating enough.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
is that more than usual for a big piece? honestly that sounds pretty low for what basically ammounts to a large commission piece, right?

In my experience, I've never had to rewrite a piece more than once, and even that was rare.

I'm used to giving my clients exactly what they want the first time, so the designer constantly shutting down what I offered was hella sobering. lol

Morax

King of heroes
Japanese is even harder to learn. Just writing all of the different katakana is already frustrating enough.
Katakana isn't hard, it's the kanji that fries your circuits. Each kanji has multiple interpretations that depend on the context. It has a lot of homophones....

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Interesting facts, eh?

1. My hair has been different colors without the aid of dye. (Black, then blonde, then brown)
2. I'm left handed and autistic. That's about it as far as how "diverse" I am.
3. I also have disreputable ancestors, like being related to slave owning confederates and a Nazi sympathizer.
4. Currently, I have Hispanic nieces, a nephew and a half-sister. (I am not Hispanic myself.)
5. My biggest lame claim to fame was visiting Funimation Studios back when DBZ was very popular in the states.

Trey pokes

4 things about me: 1. I'm an only child, 2. I'm a high-functioning autistic, actually had to look up this up to see if it's true, 3. Around grade 4-6, I was 1 of my school's better Chess players and 4. Recently been to Europe and am really starting to get around exploring the world.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
1.) I can put about a third of my hand and foot into my mouth.
2.) I am extremely accurate at lip syncing.
3.) I can play songs on the piano pretty close to being near accuracy after hearing them a few times. I can play the main parts of Fur Elise and The Entertainer like this and also Eleanor Rigby.
4.) I am extremely knowledgeable about music and who sang what songs and approximate year said song came out.

ZealousRoarZayn

Im like an Indulging Elitist, I strive for strong and best Pokemon. Kind of like an Ace Trainer but a higher rank/ a hardcore version of it.

So youll see me with Gyarados, Charizards, Victreebels etc.

Of course the one Id keep at my side would be Zeraora.

I like tough people, they remind me of me. All I ever want to do is duke it out with them; that way we'll determine whos who.

Thats all there is... i want the strongest, elitist and the best.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I have an extremely large music box collection with over 100 music boxes in it. I also have a limited edition musical porcelain duck doll and a limited edition musical porcelain frog doll.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Im like an Indulging Elitist, I strive for strong and best Pokemon. Kind of like an Ace Trainer but a higher rank/ a hardcore version of it.

So youll see me with Gyarados, Charizards, Victreebels etc.

Of course the one Id keep at my side would be Zeraora.

I like tough people, they remind me of me. All I ever want to do is duke it out with them; that way we'll determine whos who.

Thats all there is... i want the strongest, elitist and the best.

I don't think you understand what elitism means.