• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interesting move selection

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Corphish and Tropius getting Dragon Dance?!?!?!

WTF, the best physical sweeper move ever and they give it to those two.... Sometimes I never understand Nintendo.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Corphish and Tropius getting Dragon Dance?!?!?!

WTF, the best physical sweeper move ever and they give it to those two.... Sometimes I never understand Nintendo.

Well, at least they're giving some love to some pokemon that need it.

Amusing, how you see fans like "so and so should get something. It needs help' and then, when they give it help... this happens.

The_Shuppeteer_

I LIEKZ SHUPPETZ
I could have sworn I've seen this sort of thread before...

On topic, I've always thought Weavile with Poison Jab was rather odd.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Not really strange, but one thing that made me chuckle was that Zangoose can learn Poison Jab.

The_Shuppeteer_

I LIEKZ SHUPPETZ
Didn't Zangoose's R/S/E and FR/LG sprites have purple claws? Maybe that's why it's able to learn Poison Jab.

tom_tom

Dunsparce
Didn't Zangoose's R/S/E and FR/LG sprites have purple claws? Maybe that's why it's able to learn Poison Jab.
Yes they did have purple claws, but poison doesn't have to be purple.

rocky505

I see lickilicky using surf by using it's tongue as a surfboard xD I dont understand Shedinja and sandstorm.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Well, I get HOW he can use it (Spit a Toxic onto his claw and go jabby-jabby, not having to worry about being poisoned thanks to Immunity). It's just the fact that Seviper's enemy learns such a powerful poison attack.

t00lb0x31

< AzurePride (White)
Sneazel and Weavile learning surf. Someone used this against me on PBR and it took me offguard.

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Lickilicky exploding. The poor pink thing.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Sneazel and Weavile learning surf. Someone used this against me on PBR and it took me offguard.

Wow, really?

Smeargle, I don't need to explain this one.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Azelf with Explosion. It just seems odd that that little creature can create a massive explosion. Same could be said with Flamethrower on it too.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Almost any pokemon that isn't a Rock/Ground type, and can use Stealth Rock.

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Azelf with Explosion. It just seems odd that that little creature can create a massive explosion. Same could be said with Flamethrower on it too.

Please don't tell me you missed that whole little thing.

Azelf learns Explosion. Exploding with power = Willpower.

Mespret learns Healing Wish. Healing your teammates = Emotion.

Uxie learns Memento. A move that requires strategy to properly use = Knowledge.

I just liked this scenario:

Primeape L100 (f):
Overheat
Thunderbolt
Dig
Brick Break

+

Sandslash L100 (m):
Poison Jab
Rock Tomb
Brick Break
Earthquake

=

Mankey
Poison Jab
Rock Tomb
Brick Break
Earthquake

(Hoped it woulda learned Overheat...)

Skwog

PurpleHaze
Tauros can learn Whirlpool.
Uhm...
Anybody have a logical explanation? I understand how it works in the anime, but I'm trying to figure out how a buffalo/bull can make/ride over whirlpools?

Kindrindra

大事なのは自分らしいくある事
Tauros can learn Whirlpool.
Uhm...
Anybody have a logical explanation? I understand how it works in the anime, but I'm trying to figure out how a buffalo/bull can make/ride over whirlpools?

Or, for that matter, how furret can do it, yet many water types cannot.

I'm guessing the just go really fast, till they run across the water all Ninja-style, and then charge over the whirlpool from there.

Skwog

PurpleHaze
Or, for that matter, how furret can do it, yet many water types cannot.

I'm guessing the just go really fast, till they run across the water all Ninja-style, and then charge over the whirlpool from there.

So a buffalo can run like a Ninja? haha. What about Rhyperior then? I'm pretty sure he's too fat to run.

And how on earth did Hariyama get Brine? 0_o

Last edited:

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
A whole bunch of Pokémon can learn Shock Wave, even though it makes no sense for that to be so. Wingull and Pelipper spring to mind as some of the weirdest. Also, Ratatta and Raticate can learn Flame Wheel. SOMEHOW.