• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interesting stuff

Mr. Charlie

Cool Trainer Vito in Victory Road mentions that his family used to always battle together. That led me to believe that he was the last Winstrate.

Yes, that's him. Also, the Anime also shows Vito as the older son of the Winstrate family. He has Swellow, Kadabra, Manetric and Shiftry.

PsychicPsycho

Do they ever actually reveal who the older son is? I've always figured it was Steven, although now that I think about it I can't remember why.

I was thinking about this further after I wrote it, and I do remember a guy victory road that acted like he was the son (as others have pointed out).

Can't be Steven, he's Devon Corp.'s manager guy's son.

Really? I don't remember hearing that. Although it explains why he seems to have lots of gadgets for you.

Well, if you come to think about it:
It's Old, since the fossil is ancient;
It's New, since it has been revived a little time ago;
It is being Borrowed by you to your friends;
And, well, it's Blue.
So it's something old, new, borrowed and blue!

Good explanation. That confused me too.

Mr. Charlie

I was thinking about this further after I wrote it, and I do remember a guy victory road that acted like he was the son (as others have pointed out).

That's the guy. Give him two more good Pokémon, evolve it's Kadabra and BAM! We have a great Champion.
Something like: Manetric, Swellow, Shiftry, Alakazam, Milotic and Camerupt.

Good explanation. That confused me too.

It actually came from one episode of Friends where Rachel and someone else steals a blue shirt and give an explanation why it would be good to borrow to someone that was getting married, I can't really remember it correctly. So I "Pokémonized" the idea. Yeah, I'm not normal...