• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Internal Battery question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Okay, so we all know that you can get certain Pokemon by having a 3rd gen cartridge plugged in to your DS when you're playing your D/P/Pt. Now I have a question. If the internal battery of my Emerald is dead, will that stop it from working in this respect? I spent a good deal of time last night trying to get Gengar in the Red Eye room and never saw one, so I'm curious if it was just bad luck or if my cartridge isn't doing its job.

Thanks in advance!

dannydstk

well doesnt gengar actually come from fr/lg in the gba slot and not emerald? i cant bother mysef with checking but i believe so

Dresden

Pokémon Master
well doesnt gengar actually come from fr/lg in the gba slot and not emerald? i cant bother mysef with checking but i believe so

Serebii's own Dex says ANY 3rd gen game plugged in gives an 8% chance for Gengar to appear in Platinum in that room.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
ok my b lol like i said i couldnt bother myself with officially checking :p

Which is why your posts in this thread are altogether pointless. You haven't been helpful at all, so please, leave the responses to people who will actually answer my question. Thanks.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Serebii's own Dex says ANY 3rd gen game plugged in gives an 8% chance for Gengar to appear in Platinum in that room.

You just answered your own question. Both FireRed And LeafGreen don't have an Internal battery so it wouldn't matter if the battery was dead in Emerald.

Okay, so we all know that you can get certain Pokemon by having a 3rd gen cartridge plugged in to your DS when you're playing your D/P/Pt. Now I have a question. If the internal battery of my Emerald is dead, will that stop it from working in this respect? I spent a good deal of time last night trying to get Gengar in the Red Eye room and never saw one, so I'm curious if it was just bad luck or if my cartridge isn't doing its job.

Thanks in advance!

it shouldnt matter because the only thing the battery affects on gba games is time based events, which aren't needed for the dongle method

Dresden

Pokémon Master
That's what I figured should be. I guess I've just been really unlucky. I know 8% isn't super high, but I spent a good hour there without encountering one. Oh well, I guess I'll keep trying. Can't trade ATM, so it's the only way for me to get a Gengar.

Thanks in advance!

it shouldnt matter because the only thing the battery affects on gba games is time based events, which aren't needed for the dongle method

dannydstk

Which is why your posts in this thread are altogether pointless. You haven't been helpful at all, so please, leave the responses to people who will actually answer my question. Thanks.

i was just trying to be as helpful as i possibly could thanks for being a dbag about it :)

Bring on the infraction!

rocky505

It's pretty easy to find Haunter/Gengar in that room if your EV training that's how I find mine.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
i was just trying to be as helpful as i possibly could thanks for being a dbag about it :)

If that were the case, you would've actually checked yourself. In that sense, the dbag is you.

season31

Banned
I've seen other devices like this advertised recently, although don't recall what their prices were like. The CCrane Company makes some really cool products. I haven't brought one of these before, but see it in their catalog all the time. Everything else I've ever bought from them has been outstanding.
============
watch full movies
free song lyrics

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Simple help questions go in the D/P/Pt Help Thread. Don't make a new thread for them. Read the 4th Generation Discussion Rules.

*Closes*

Status
Not open for further replies.