• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Internal battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaoticInverse

<--31,000 incounting
I just got the message that "my internal battery has died." Since last August I've been trying to get a shiny Torchic (I'm a shiny hunter) does this mean that I've just wasted all that time?

So can I still sr for torchic or no? What exactly does this mean about my game?

I really hope I can still use it, as there's been 13,615 sr's and two shiny uncatachble poocheyna's put into this.

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
This happened to me- my Sapphire's internal battery died. You can still play the game but time based events will not occur (such as events happening on certain days of the week).

You could replace the battery if you really wanted to.

Nebbio

NINJA!
I don't think you can really SR with a dry battery. You need a new one. Replacing it can be a bit annoying.

Derp

[Something funny]
Has not happened to me yet and Iv had my Ruby since 2004.

pokedexg

Ya ya.can.still.sr but beware probaly 20 more srs and ya done

hawkmbl

Curious
This just happened to me recently. I think you can still Soft reset but the chances of it working may not be high. I am not sure about that 100% as normally SR is not a time event. Luckily a dry battery doesn't mean your file is gone like G/S/C. It just stops the battery to prevent that from happening.

Seeing how you SR'd to get a torchic however from the beginning of the game I would think it would be fine to replace the battery, though that would delete the data inside of it.

DasBoot

My Ruby died out 1 year ago. But I have tried to SR for a shiny Torchic, and I can still SR if that's what you were wondering.
And if you really want time based events to happen, just get a watch battery (I think that's what's in it) and replace it. Altough, you would need to get a special screw driver to get to the battery. :p

Alex048

Master of the Mind
Yeah, you'll need a tri-wing screwdriver to open up that bad boy. They're kind of hard to find in hardware stores because I've only needed them for Nintendo products.

Nirron

They are pretty cheap to get. I got mine for 1 dollar with free shipment. Just look on ebay ;)
Also if you replace the battery the data will be whiped unless you make sure the board never looses power.

There are guides arround about how to do this.

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
if it deletes your game
you should send some pokemon to another GBA game and trade it back when your game is fixed

Alex048

Master of the Mind
He doesn't need to delete his save file. His save file will be deleted from replacing the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.