• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Internet Explorer acting up

G50

No longer posting
Every time I right click and select "Properties", Internet Explorer keeps freezing on me, and restarts itself.

What could be causing this?

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
Don't use Internet Explorer. Use Google Chrome. Or Mozilla Firefox.

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
No. Do. Not. Use Internet Explorer. Ever. It is absolutely awful.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Never use IE. Use Chrome or Firefox. Hell, even Opera is better.

Holy crap, guys.

He can use whatever god damn browser he wants. Stop throwing your un-needed opinions at him and actually help with the situation. I grew up using IE and continue using it to this day, and I haven't had that many problems.

Last edited:

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
They're not opinions. They're facts. IE is awful. Do not use it, this problem will go away. Boom.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
Well then, seems a lot of people are going off topic by blabbering on about pointless OPINIONS.

Anyway, have you tried checking the manual/call some dewd for help? (I cant really do crud to help you, lol. All I can give you is miniscule help.)

Raddaya

My Little Ponyta
Please. It's not an opinion. It's a very real fact. Internet Explorer is easily the worst browser around. If he doesn't use it, this problem will be fixed. How is that so hard to understand?

Please. It's not an opinion. It's a very real fact. Internet Explorer is easily the worst browser around. If he doesn't use it, this problem will be fixed. How is that so hard to understand?

Because your opinion is the most terrible excuse to try and fix the problem.

Brute Root

I'm a Christian
Since everyone else except for one other person or two is just bashing the browser and doing nothing to help, I will offer some advice in the form of a question: Have you tried contacting Microsoft about the issue?

By the way, I am using IE as I write this reply.

Indigoodra

Why does everybody hate IE? </3 (****, do NOT reply to this)

Anyway, unless you find a real way to fix your problem, just use a different browser. :< but you can continue being a hipster and use Opera, because nobody really uses that.

Flame Mistress

Internet Explorer was great until Chrome and Firefox came along. Then it suddenly became awful.

If IE doesn't work well on your computer, it's probably the computer's fault. So yeah, either get a new computer or get Chrome/Firefox.

SlimShady

Kill your heroes
If you still want to use IE, then upgrade to version 9:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/products/ie/home

You can also do so through "Windows Update."
However, if you do not use Windows Vista or 7, then you cannot do the upgrade as IE 9 is not available for Windows XP.
If you use XP, then you are stuck with IE 8 and will have to use an alternative browser like the ones mentioned above.