• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Internet Memes you dislike

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Took an arrow to the knee. I saw about 50 comments on the same photo on facebook which included that phrase. I wanted to die.

Here is the correct way to respond to those:

"I used to make Skyrim jokes... then I got laid off."

Firebrand

Indomitable
I used to hate memes. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

Now I despise them. The only meme I didn't mind (if I can even be called a meme) was the adventure rainbow one that went viral on dA a few months back. It required people to be a little creative and come up with some good sight gags.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
I used to hate memes. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

Now I despise them. The only meme I didn't mind (if I can even be called a meme) was the adventure rainbow one that went viral on dA a few months back. It required people to be a little creative and come up with some good sight gags.

Hahaha that one got exploited to Hell and back on dA because it was based on boobs.

Ciliano

Have I already posted here? If I have then I apologize, but this is a list of memes that just keeps expanding! The "Y U NO" troll face meme is annoying but not nearly as bad as my other recent discovery. Obviously I've been living in a cave, but an increasing amount of people are beginning to misuse the word "epic". This is annoying because most of the people that throw around the word have no clue what it means, so it's obvious that they're just using it because someone else is. What a mindless trend.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Obviously I've been living in a cave, but an increasing amount of people are beginning to misuse the word "epic". This is annoying because most of the people that throw around the word have no clue what it means, so it's obvious that they're just using it because someone else is. What a mindless trend.

Languages evolve over time. The English language is no exception. If people can use words and get across their meaning effectively, then that's how the words will be used. Sort of like the word "random" in place of "spontaneous". If you do something totally unexpected, somebody might describe it as random, but the word actually means something else. However, they got the point across, and that's the entire reason that we have language; to communicate.

I like all memes and I think they are funny.
However "arrow to the knee" is annoying now, and I can't stand the Y U NO meme. I really dislike it.

Gaiano

Blasphemer
I don't find "to an arrow to the knee" very funny, It's actually quite annoying. And I've never found Good Guy Greg very funny.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
The U MAD BRO? Drives me crazy and the "I used to do *whatever* then I took an arrow to the knee!" I didn't even play Skyrim so it took me a while to figure out why everyone on youtube was posting it. It got really annoying after that. I will admit it was funny the first three times, then it got really really really irritating

son-of-a-gumball!

Dragon Trainer
probably the "me gusta face" for me. it's just plain disturbing. I really do enjoy nyan cat though :)

Mrmuffin123

First Male Swiftie
Meowmeowmeowmeowmeowmeow!
You know what it is. But i find it pretty tuneful.
But arrow to knee is just pathetically lame.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
They were awesome, but overused, now lame and annoying crap:
Arrow to the knee
Cool Story Bro
Me and my friends used cool stor bro a lot, but then everyone copied us... Al these losers who think they're cool, we now hate it and its overuse.

Espectra

The Ghost Type Guru!
I hate the Good Guy Tom or whatever and Scumbag Steve, I'm not a man, so I don't get those ever. Eh, I guess the whole meme thing is a bit mediocre, I prefer more underground memes such as Nigel Thornberry and Women Laughing Alone Eating Salad, now that's the kind of thing that makes me laugh!

I also hate youtube poop simply because the stupid speeding up and slowing down of random clips.

Press (random number) for (miscellaneous effect).

I don't get it, and I don't like it.

thunderblade12

Oh yeah, I know but was it really awkward sounding or something? Was there anything that made that particular line stick out? Like the "over 9000" thing mostly became famous because of how the voice actors said it.