• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Internet Troubles

~*Nobody*~

samonsterX
I need help, reeeeaaaal bad. Okay here's the story:

One day I went on the internet and this little alert came up and said I needed to install windows live toolbar I said okay(even though I had no clue what it did) and it downloaded. Then next thing I know, the internet doesn't work. AT ALL. I just get a blank page. If I type in a internet address it says that the website is unavalible. So, I deleted windows live toolbar, from my computer COMPLETLY. There was no more windows live toolbar. Thinking my problem was solved I opened the internet. And guess what? I GOT THE SAME THING, a blank page that didn't go anywhere.

Now I really need help because I can't get on my internet with out dissabling add ons. I can't view videos, or click links on msn conversations, OR play internet games. I'm tired of it (after a whole week << >>''''), can someone please help me?

Alecat

I'm Back!
What version of Windows are you using? If it's XP, you may be able to do a System Restore to before you downloaded the program, which will revert all the changes.

You'll find the System Restore thingy in the Help and Support Center. ("Undo changes to your computer with System Restore"). Then choose to "Restore my computer to an earlier time". Pick a day from before you downloaded the program in question, and restore to that.

Hope this helps. System Restores are reversable so there shouldn't be any danger in doing this. If you've installed any other programs that you want, you'll need to reinstall them.

Oh, and in the future, be careful of what you download and install!