• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Interpretation: A World-Building One-Shot Contest

Dragonfree

Just me
We haven't discussed it, but you can safely assume it will be at least two weeks.

DarkerShining

Oh, that's a relief. I've also been considering entering, and I am working on something for this, but I wasn't sure if I'd be able to finish in time. Since I won't be as stressed about running out of time now that the deadline is going to be extended, I'll hopefully be able to put the ideas I have for the rest of the story into words and get this thing done.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Hmm, two weeks means I might be able to put something together myself as an excuse to write out an idea. After all if the extension is for more entries, might as well help out in that regard!

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
Gotta say, thanks for the assist.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Just Curious as of now. How many entries are currently given to you hosts?

I mean, up to at how many would you guys require to start a debate and judging anyway?

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Hm, five days . . . I may be able to come up with something presentable in that time. I'm feeling pretty stoked :D I'll do my best to give you something worthwhile to read!

Quick question: Is there a limit to ratings for this contest? I was considering doing something involving human sacrifice, but I feel like that would be too dark for a child's forum.

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Just me
Any rating the Fan Fiction forum allows (i.e. up to and including R) is fine. In other words, unless you're including extremely graphic descriptions of gore or explicit sex, you'll be fine.

I've received a fourth and fifth entry now (though I still haven't gotten the opportunity to send them to the other judges - sorry about that, I'll get around to it as soon as I can), but that's still not a lot for previous contests, so we could definitely do with several more.

elyvorg

somewhat backwards.
From the perspective of an entrant (mine is one of the aforementioned fourth-and-fifth entries; I sent it in earlier today), I too hope some more people manage to put together a one-shot for this. It's more fun if there's more competition to go up against, right?

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Entered! I PM'd my story to you Dragonfree... hopefully I did it right! X3 Good luck to everyone who entered! :)

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
My submission did reach you Dragonfree, right? I was looking in my inbox and couldn't find it anywhere... did you get it? I really hope it did... thanks. >.<

Poetry

Dancing Mad
A lot of people sending in their entries... I'd better get a move on with it. I'd estimate that I only need a few more days, give or take, though.

Dragonfree

Just me
Yes, I've received both Cassafrass1999 and diamondpearl876's entries. Thank you for participating!

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
*Sigh of relief*

Thank you for assuring me that you got it! That makes me feel hundred times better now that I know that you did indeed get it... so thank you for telling me! :) Once again, good luck to everyone who entered! :)

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
Sent in my "revision." It was only to one scene, but I still hope it helps.

EDIT: Crap, forgot to wish everyone else luck. >_< Good luck, everybody!

Last edited:
Hopefully will just barely finish Sunday night... may I ask what formats are acceptable for submitting in? Is email-ing an HTML file workable?

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Ok, so if the deadline is tomorrow (Monday, the 15th) like I assumed, then I think I might just give up. Unless there's going to be... an extension?

I'll spare you the details but I've not had great luck in terms of spare time and overall pro-activeness, and I don't think it'd be fair to the other participants who managed to get their entries submitted in a timely manner, having to make them wait for me to overcome my difficulties to get this story done. I dunno, I think I'll keep on writing and if there's not going to be an extension then I'll post it here anyway and just watch the other entries being judged.

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Ok, so if the deadline is tomorrow (Monday, the 15th) like I assumed, then I think I might just give up. Unless there's going to be... an extension?

I'll spare you the details but I've not had great luck in terms of spare time and overall pro-activeness, and I don't think it'd be fair to the other participants who managed to get their entries submitted in a timely manner, having to make them wait for me to overcome my difficulties to get this story done. I dunno, I think I'll keep on writing and if there's not going to be an extension then I'll post it here anyway and just watch the other entries being judged.

Same here; I won't be able to finish mine by tomorrow. I got over-ambitious; 13 pages and still not done x_x So, I think I'll have to give up on this one. Best of luck to all participating!!

Venia Silente

[](int x){return x;}
I've been advancing mostly well, but this time meatspace is interfering in a nasty manner. I'll become computerless and internetless tomorrow for as long as it takes to buy a laptop or to fetch another from family relatives, which might me Sometime™ this starting week. I could do a rush job to send it now, but if I do that I don't have any guarantees that it'll be any good enough or that I'll be able to do corrections and improvements as I might not even be able to find out if another deadline extension was given.

Still, gonna try do what I can. But if this doesn't pan out I'll just skip this contest and post it in the next one.